Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth vs Charlton Athletic | Monday 31st January @ 7:45pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    I predict a loss and a yellow card for Aneke. 
  • Options

1-0 win. Mason Burstow to be the 2022 Nicky Ajose.

Nicky Ajose was mr big billy bollocks who was all puff and nonsense. Mason seems an honest grafter who cannot be compared to Ajose who wasn’t 
    To clarify. Ajose scored his final two goals of his Charlton career at Fratton Park in to separate matches.That was the reference I was making. 

Oh right sorry 

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Think you have to play Washington. IMO the most intelligent footballer at the club. I’d put Mason on the bench for this one, particularly as the Chelsea youth team vultures are circling. 
    Be good to see Aneke and Washington up top. 
    He's a terrible finisher, I'm hoping he's only a squad player next season. 
    Being saying this for as long as I can remember. So glad someone has done a graph to back it up!
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    WTF is that!?

Washington in the same area of the graph as 15 goal Matt Taylor.
  • Options
    2-0 Pompey

Can’t see us playing any better than we have in recent games, we got lucky Fleetwood weren’t up to much and undone by Hartlepool side a league below us because they wanted it more.

Expecting another poor performance.  There’s no fight in this team.  

Mac

Clare Inniss Famewo

DJ                                           Purrington 

Dobson

Morgan         Gilbey 

Aneke           Washington 

Subs: Hendo, Pearce, Castillo, Lee, Burstow, Watson, John

• Options
    Not very optimistic about this....we are stuttering along and look pretty clueless at the moment.
  • Options
    Chanced upon this gem from 2016 whilst searching fruitlessly  for I-Player MOTD. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tv/entries/514c3b7e-65be-3fd6-8cf6-31fe89e4bba4

Got me thinking, should transmission of live or recorded TV coverage be prefaced with a caveat? e.g. "And now, with scenes that some viewers may find distressing, it's Portsmouth vs. Charlton."
    Prompted further wonder. Is a "footballer" legally entitled to have redacted  any image or footage of his performance during the game?  One for the "Lawyers",  (certainly not the  "Leaders")  to mull over....  

• Options
    MacG

Clare, Pearce, Inniss

CBT, Gilbey, Dobson, Morgan, Purrington (reluctantly)

Aneke, Burstow.
  • Options
    Last I heard Stockley had a “ niggle”, he has been out weeks. What’s up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a similar niggle to the one Cory Gibbs had. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    It will be 4 weeks out soon.
  • Options
    Jackson said the only two long term injuries were Forster-Caskey and Stockley....cant see the latter any time soon.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I have long felt thought that Washington lacks composure in front of goal. He is what I term as a misser which can be a problem for a forward. Having said that, he does seem to have improved a bit recently in that respect and his work rate can't be faulted. When I see improvement, irrespective of age, I am interested to see where it is going. Will it abrubtly stop or continue? It is mostly the former, but we can hope it is the latter in the case of Washington. Time will tell, but it is an exampple why the remainder of the season is important. Conor and a number of players have to show they are going to be useful to us next season where I presume we are going to try to get promoted. 
  • Options
    Were we right to presume we were going to try to get promoted this year?
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Expectations were high following Sandgaard saying we were going to blow this league away this season. 
    I don't think expectations will be anywhere near as high next season unless we have an unbelievable transfer window this summer. 
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Expectations were high following Sandgaard saying we were going to blow this league away this season. 
    I don't think expectations will be anywhere near as high next season unless we have an unbelievable transfer window this summer. 
    I never for a moment got caught up in TS saying we’re gonna blow the league away, although I had no issue with his over excitement. We’ve all seen enough to know that wasn’t the case.However to be where we are at the moment and playing how we are is a pretty disappointing. I think the minimum should have been a strong challenge for playoffs. If we were in with a shout I don’t think speculative jan. transfers would be where we are. Instead we’d  be looking at getting players suitable for the championship possibly. 
  • Options
    Can’t say I’m very confident. 2 - 0 to Pompey.
  • Options
    If it was at home I'd expect us to win it but we seem to be a different team away from the Valley. Jacko needs to sort that out and maybe tomorrow will be the start of it but I won't be holding my breath.
  • Options
    Comfortable home win 4-0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Live on sky. In a terrible run of form. What could possibly go wrong. 2-0 pompy.
  • Options
    two out of form teams, this game has bore draw stamped all over it .. watch out for no 10 Harness though
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    two out of form teams, this game has bore draw stamped all over it .. watch out for no 10 Harness though
    Not sure why we'd play our u23 goalkeeper as an attacking midfielder? 
    ?? .. what ?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Not sure why we'd play our u23 goalkeeper as an attacking midfielder? 
    ?? .. what ?
    Nathan Harness, one of our young GKs...
  • Options
    Marcus Harness, Pompey 10
  • Options
    Charlton win.
  • Options
    Charlton win.

• Options
    Really intrested in watching Pompey for a number of reasons. 

Their keeper, apparently he can play a bit

Lack of hoofball as the Cawley's were lazily sterotyped for.

Reeco Hackett Henry'slovechild as a wing back. 

The Liverpool style triangle front 3.

I must be getting old, Rob Lee's son is playing against David Hirst's.  They were the future once.....