Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sunderland manager sacked

Lee Johnson sacked by Sunderland. Assuming it's just based on the result yesterday as overall they're in a decent position. Be interesting who they get in now 

Comments

• Oh dear what a shame never mind. 
  • Lee Johnson sacked by Sunderland. Assuming it's just based on the result yesterday as overall they're in a decent position. Be interesting who they get in now 
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy ! 

( Why did they take so long ?)

Completely agree. Can't stand the man. Wonder who they will get in now as they're still in a great position.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Oh dear what a shame never mind. 
    It ain’t half hot Lee (Johnson)

(one for the older CL’s there)
  • Lee Johnson sacked by Sunderland. Assuming it's just based on the result yesterday as overall they're in a decent position. Be interesting who they get in now 
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy ! 

( Why did they take so long ?)
    They are 3rd........
  • Seems kinda harsh. Form wasn't great for January but not worthy of getting sacked. Guessing the performances must have been quite bad or the players weren't happy with him
    Sacked him coz he let the white Pele (Dobbo) leave
  • Mmmmmmm that's a risk. A risk I hope doesn't play out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder if his apparent reluctance to sign Defoe was an issue?
  • edited January 2022
    That's mental really. 3rd in the table and sacked!

Does seem a bit of a knee jerk reaction after a terrible result. Sacking the guy on (practically) the last day of the transfer window after making a few signings.
  • 25 minutes and they're already on page 20. Most seem pretty happy he's gone.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/johnson-sacked.1570612/
  • Looking at Twitter their fans ain’t happy 
  • Jermain Defoe?
  • I was 16 when we beat them in 98 and their fans were a tad ‘frosty’ as they left Wembley that day if memory serves me correctly.  However, have nothing but good things to say about their fans post 2019.  Every single one of them that I interacted with after the final were very magnanimous in defeat.

Johnson has always had small man syndrome of the tallest order.  Bristol City gave him a decent wedge and he couldn’t quite make it happen.

Unfortunately, it’s a big ask up there and having watched both the Netflix series, you have to respect the fans’ passion and commitment.

I hope they find a manager that can get them back to a better level because I actually have a lot of time for their fans and think it’s a decent club with very honest, humble fans overall 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2022
    Hopefully not the last Johnson to get the boot.
    OP missed a trick. Title of the thread should have been "After a Landslide Victory (appointment) in Dec 2020, Johnson Finally Gets the Boot!"

EDIT: I've mixed my years up; Boris Johnson won the election in December 2019
  • Grant McCann would be the obvious replacement. Such a strange time for the change. To me it will probably guarantee Sunderland will still be in league 1 next season but football is an odd game so could serve them well. 

Maybe Nigel Adkins will take them storming up into the Championship!
  • I think they have had 12 managers in 10 years, not a great record is it, any club changing that often is ridiculous, oh hang on didn't we get through a few.
  • Cant stand the man,moaning prick.
  • edited January 2022
    Their fans were not a tad ‘frosty’ in 1998. All the ones I bumped into were as good as gold and magnanimous in defeat.
    Bloody hell Large. I was 16 and remember seeing a few swear at me and shouting as I was leaving Wembley :-)