Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunderland manager sacked

Comments

• Options
    he's lost the plot over the past few weeks, the team is failing yet AGAIN .. be very interesting who they bring in .. I'd go for a very experienced manager .. come in ex North Easter Warnock ((:>)
  • Options
    Basket case of a club.
  • Options
    he's lost the plot over the past few weeks, the team is failing yet AGAIN .. be very interesting who they bring in .. I'd go for a very experienced manager .. come in ex North Easter Warnock ((:>)
    Warnock is a Sheffield Boy. 
  • Options
    Warnock is a Sheffield Boy. 
    he managed Middlesbrough if you recall
  • Options
    Scarborough too. When I lived in Hartlepool I knew a guy who lived next door to him when he played for them. 
  • Options
    Scarborough too. When I lived in Hartlepool I knew a guy who lived next door to him when he played for them. 
    the first team to win promotion to the FL on merit .. the old scheme was the old boy system, 'seeking re-election' .. Warnock was their
     manager
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Has Jayden Stockley tweeted that he expects Lee Johnson will be missing for the next few games yet? 
    He is definitely not going to be there.
  • Options
    Why have they sacked him when, apart form a one-off tonking, they're doing more than ok?
  • Options
    Little prick 😂😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Football is absolutely bonkers.

They are 3rd & very likely will be in the play offs. No one has the divine right to win a football match let alone the league.
  • Options
    Why have they sacked him when, apart form a one-off tonking, they're doing more than ok?
    Possibly, because a 6-0 defeat in a L1 fixture was their "worst" ever result?
  • Options
    He’s a little jumped up prick as we know from dealings won’t be little man! 
    That club is a basket case 
  • Options
    So what.
  • Options
    Streaky Lee Johnson loses job after a streak of truly awful results 

I think we have a difficult task at this level where we need to sign robust, tough players who can do the business at the level we play at. They also need to be of a character they won't be overawed at the Valley and also can handle being called nasty names by someone they can hear clear as a cowbell somewhere like Morecombe and deal with dramatically different styles of pitch, condition. 

Aren't that many of them out there and Sunderland carry loads more expectation than us 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Streaky Lee Johnson loses job after a streak of truly awful results 

I think we have a difficult task at this level where we need to sign robust, tough players who can do the business at the level we play at. They also need to be of a character they won't be overawed at the Valley and also can handle being called nasty names by someone they can hear clear as a cowbell somewhere like Morecombe and deal with dramatically different styles of pitch, condition. 

Aren't that many of them out there and Sunderland carry loads more expectation than us 
    Sunderland have had quite a few bad results this season - I think yesterday was the final straw. More about performances than league position.
  • Options
    Bizarre decision, they are likely to go up and this could de-stabilize them. Didn't like the little twerp from his Bristol days.
  • Options
    Sunderland lost 5-1 to Rotherham, 4-0 to Pompey, and 3-0 to Sheff Wed this season which probably contributed to the decision. 
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Little prick 😂😂
    Harsh to sack him because of that. 
  • Options
    If you have special managers like Pep, Clough, Fergie, Wenger and even Curbs it is probably a good idea to give them space to manage and not sack them on a whim. But otherwise, I personally don't think sacking managers is generally that damaging apart from the cost of pay offs and recruiting a new one. Sunderland probably look at this season as essential they get promotion and they are at a point where they are seeing the signs of that not happening. I think Bowyer was changed too late last season and us missing out on the play offs by goal difference backed that up. Adkins was changed too late this, whilst last season he looked like a decent choice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He’s recently expressed some controversial views on the vaccine. Whether that was a factor in his dismissal in addition to being a little prick and collecting a few drubbings this season is a matter of conjecture. 
  • Options
    He’s recently expressed some controversial views on the vaccine. Whether that was a factor in his dismissal in addition to being a little prick and collecting a few drubbings this season is a matter of conjecture. 
    When Sunderland are bad they're very bad and I think yesterday was one heavy defeat too many. I don't think he was especially popular.
  • Options
    Sound's to me like he's been sacked after a row, the final straw after several 
     disagreements with their Board
  • Options
    To be honest, it makes sense to me. Aside from the fact Johnson isn't a great manager Sunderland have a decent bit of money behind them now. Johnson is combative and divisive, and once he pushes too many people he's never getting them back onside. The board probably feel that he's too difficult and have seen the team drift a bit recently. They can get in a higher level of manager now with the money they can offer and they'll be hoping that pushes them through the automatics with their good investment this January. Plus he lost to us, and that's pretty embarrassing.
  • Options
    Sunderland lost 5-1 to Rotherham, 4-0 to Pompey, and 3-0 to Sheff Wed this season which probably contributed to the decision. 
    And worse than them all is losing 0-1 at home to us 
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Little prick 😂😂
    Harsh to sack him because of that. 
    Exactly...........................you still have a job!!  B)
  • Options
    discussion on this on Quest .. consensus was that the team goes 2 down and just packs it in .. lack of bottle, the team needs motivation and that was perhaps not being provided by Johnson
  • Options
    5000 sunderland fans made the trip to bolton - and it looked a pretty gutless performance - i think the worry is they will be in playoffs again and will lose. 
  • Options
    discussion on this on Quest .. consensus was that the team goes 2 down and just packs it in .. lack of bottle, the team needs motivation and that was perhaps not being provided by Johnson
    Also heard it discussed on the radio - very worrying how they seem to capitulate. It seems unlikely they'll finish top two and it doesn't augur well for the playoffs.

Don't see they have much to lose by getting rid of Johnson.