Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    I don't know if you lads watch the BBL but The Strikers have just bowled out the Sydney Thunder for 15. Yes you read that right 1 5.

Thornton2.5135

W Agar2.0064

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Saw the wickets. Quite simply, they nicked everything, and they caught everything
    Matt Short took an absolute stunner
  • Options
    Bet the Thunder are grateful for Doggett's boundary and the 3 extras because it might have been even worse!
  • Options
    Thats not even a bad batting lineup.
  • Options
    Had to double check that was right! and the Thunder have some international talents like Alex Hales and Rilee Roussow. impressive from the Strikers to do it without needing even a delivery from Rashid Khan. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Top score of 4 was an inside edge 
  • Options
    Despite getting a 2 ball duck as an opener, Hales was actually only the 4th person out!
  • Options
    Despite getting a 2 ball duck as an opener, Hales was actually only the 4th person out!
    The innings only lasted 35 balls in total and yet no one was our for a golden. And Green lasted the most balls (6) but didn't get a run
  • Options
    Excellent news - Rehan Ahmed to make his debut (for Jacks). Foakes back for Anderson so presumably Stokes is able to bowl now.

Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Harry Brook, Ben Stokes (c), Ben Foakes, Rehan Ahmed, Ollie Robinson, Mark Wood, Jack Leach.
  • Options
    Excellent news - Rehan Ahmed to make his debut (for Jacks). Foakes back for Anderson so presumably Stokes is able to bowl now.

Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Harry Brook, Ben Stokes (c), Ben Foakes, Rehan Ahmed, Ollie Robinson, Mark Wood, Jack Leach.
    About the right team I think, looking forward to seeing Ahmed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

About the right team I think, looking forward to seeing Ahmed. 
    So am i.
    I just hope he doesn't go to all parts of the ground and have his confidence damaged. 
    Fingers crossed he bowls well and has a long and successful career ahead of him. 
  • Options
    I still would much prefer to have seen Matt Parkinson out there, someone who's been constantly overlooked. It would have been a perfect "no pressure" game for him too
  • Options
    Talk about a family of precocious talent. I hadn't realised that Rehan has two cricketing brothers - Raheem, who at the age of 18 played a few 2nd XI T20 matches for Leicestershire in 2021 and Farhan who played half a dozen games for Notts 2nd XI last season and he's still only 14!!!
  • Options
    I still would much prefer to have seen Matt Parkinson out there, someone who's been constantly overlooked. It would have been a perfect "no pressure" game for him too
    I do feel sorry for Parkinson but I suspect that England have opted to protect the future by including someone who could be special (and who is being courted by the various white ball franchises) as opposed to someone who they know all about and who will still be available, because he isn't in such demand, should Ahmed fail to impress. That isn't fair but he may not be the last victim in the game to that strategy or the Ahmed the only player picked in front of him. Livingstone, after all, hadn't played a red ball match of any nature for 15 months before playing in the First Test in this series and Jacks hardly had the sort of First Class record that jumped off the page before being selected for this tour either. 
  • Options
    Parkinson isn’t good enough. Maybe a bit hard done by but not a test match spinner 
  • Options
    Pakistan won the toss and will bat
  • Options
    Sky have just shown footage of Rehan Ahmed bowling in front of Shane Warne at the age of 13. Ahmed says that he got Stokes and Root out bowling in the nets at that age. Safe to say that England have had him on their radar for at least five years. I hope that it's not too early for him but, either way, he will learn from the experience.
  • Options
    Robinson opens one end and spin the other - not Ahmed but Leach who gets smacked for two boundaries over the top. That might be the end of the experiment.
  • Options
    Leach continues and is the first England spinner to share the new ball in the first innings of a Test match in over one hundred years. The last time was 1921. David Gower denies in the commentary box that he played in that Test
  • Options
    And Leach strikes. He has Shafique trapped LBW as the batsman plays for the turn but the ball skids on instead. He reviews but it's "Umpire's Call".

18-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Azhar Ali comes out in what is his 97th and final Test match following the announcement of his retirement yesterday
  • Options
    Review for LBW for a delivery from Leach that has been turned down but it is, sadly, "Umpire's Call" so far as impact is concerned
  • Options
    Robinson has been off the pitch since his opening three over spell with an upset stomach. A few players have been suffering from that in the last few days including Ahmed who didn't train yesterday.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Wood strikes with a short ball that finds the edge of Shan Masood's bat as the batsman is caught down at fine leg some 20 yards or so inside the boundary by Leach

46-2 off 12.3
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    With the score on 59-2 off 16 overs, England's youngest ever Test player comes on to bowl. Jimmy Anderson was playing in his 10th Test match on the day Rehan Ahmed was born!
  • Options
    1899 was the last time someone made their debut for England with just 3 First Class Tests to his name. Gower was again denies he was playing at that time
  • Options
    Ahmed is going for a few (as is Leach for that matter) but is bowling a consistent line and length. The issue is that the length is just a bit too full and you can count on two fingers the short balls he's bowled, one of which was the wrongun' which ended up as a bit of a long hop
  • Options
    102-2 off 23

Robinson is back on the pitch and replaces Leach
  • Options
    Appeal for caught down the leg side - Foakes off Robinson - soft signal is not out (but that has no relevance unless technology isn't working) and it is given out!

117-3 at lunch
  • Options
    Right decision from the third umpire. Clear evidence of glove under ball. Does Pope make that catch?