Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    Right decision from the third umpire. Clear evidence of glove under ball. Does Pope make that catch?
    Pope might have done. The difference is that Foakes, more often than not, will. This catch was more obviously out than Pope's in the last game so far as you could clearly see that Foakes got his finger under the ball whereas it was questionable whether Pope did. Most of all though, we won't have another situation where Pope is too knackered to bat at 3
  • Options
    That 3rd wicket just before lunch was a massive relief. 
    Honours even so far.
  • Options
    Babar reaches yet another 50

162-3
  • Options
    Great big smile to celebrate his first test wicket. 
    Great catch from Pope also.
  • Options
    His first 5 overs, on a road against Babar and Azhar, weren't representative of what he can do
  • Options
    Well bowled lad 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    His first 5 overs, on a road against Babar and Azhar, weren't representative of what he can do
    It wasn't but he was doing, in the main, the one thing you want to see him doing - over pitching more often than not rather than consistently dropping it short or a mixture of liquorice allsorts because he is having to over correct
  • Options
    He's vwry raw, but you can aee Ahmed has a lot of talent 
  • Options
    He looks a lot better when he is bowling at Not Babar tbf, think he's a bit nervous against the great man
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well they all count 
    🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    What a shocker from Rizwan - charges Root and turns the ball into a full toss that he ends up stretching for and puts it straight down the throat of Stokes in the deep 

196-5
  • Options
    All five bowlers have taken a wicket each- Stokes is conspicuous by his absence as he the only one not to even bowl. 
  • Options
    Appeal for caught down the leg side - Foakes off Robinson - soft signal is not out (but that has no relevance unless technology isn't working) and it is given out!

117-3 at lunch
    The IPL has done away with the soft signal, but there's no report from the ICC that they have changed the protocol on soft signals, and it's officially still in place in the World Test Championship. 

Where does the suggestion that the soft signal is now only used if the technology isn't working come from? And, if that is the case - contrary to the ICC - why are the umpires still soft signalling?
  • Options
    204-5 at tea
  • Options
    Absolute ripper. Just like one of mine, that
  • Options
    God I find watching Leach bowl really boring. 
  • Options
    Wicket for OneLung 
  • Options
    That was what?, two balls later LOL 😂 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    He is very much that. You feel that at some point in each over the batsman is going to come down the track and pump him over the top. He is, actually, the leading wicket taker for England on this tour but his 10-592 looks very poor against the performances of Anderson (8-148), Wood (7-136) and Robinson (9-178).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    He is very much that. You feel that at some point in each over the batsman is going to come down the track and pump him over the top. He is, actually, the leading wicket taker for England on this tour but his 10-592 looks very poor against the performances of Anderson (8-148), Wood (7-136) and Robinson (9-178).
    That one is all mine!!!
  • Options
    But then the number 11 successfully hits Leach over the top before the bowler balls him with a ball that pitches on leg and takes top of off

304 all out
  • Options
    Oh dear. That man Abrar strikes in the first over. Crawley plumb!
  • Options
    I will tell you who would have loved this series,  Shane Warne. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I will tell you who would have loved this series,  Shane Warne. 
    He would have especially loved the attacking way England have played to make all results possible
  • Options
    Not the most sensible of shots from Duckett to the final ball of the day - a sweep that he misses and survives the review

7-1
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I posted something similar about a week ago. 
    He looks completely innocuous most of the time. 
    But as he now has over 100 test wickets there must be something about him that we aren't seeing.
  • Options
    Leach does put revs on the ball, it is as simple as that 
  • Options
    (and he's...not inaccurate) 
  • Options
    Poor old Zak. Another duck.