Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

1140141142143144146»

Comments

• Options
    Rehan Ahmed on sky chewing gum extremely loudly into his mic. Still got a lot of growing up to do and a bit more media training 😅
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    That was daft tbh, was playing the straight bat shots so well. Come down and hit straight
    Rehan admits precisely this in the interview!
  • Options
    .Leuth said:
    That was daft tbh, was playing the straight bat shots so well. Come down and hit straight
    He's listened and has just said in the interview with Atherton "yeh I should have just played straight as Leuth told me to do"
  • Options
    After you Claude!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    After you Claude!
    1-1
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    But learning is what it is about. I think we forget that Ahmed might, ordinarily, be making those mistakes at County U18 level or 2nd XI not on the international stage so he does need to be cut a bit more slack than the seasoned pros.
  • Options
    I think Ahmed has been excellent
  • Options
    I think Ahmed has been excellent
    The way Stokes has handled him has also been excellent
  • Options
    England win by 8 wickets
  • Options
    Remarkable 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stokes handing Ahmed the stump was another touch of class.
  • Options
    Uplifting stuff .  In the absence of any cheer from football , this has been much needed .
  • Options
    England's first test win since 2007, West Indies at Durham, without either Anderson or Broad. 
  • Options
    All done with one of our best ever batsmen, Root, being the most ineffective of our players with the bat. Wait 'til he starts to fire again!

We have a solid look about the batting and it will be interesting to see if and how we re-integrate Bairstow. Great position to be in but there are greater forces to come in the course of the next year
  • Options
    Extraordinary that it wasn’t long since England got set 250 odd to win by New Zealand and a full days cricket and shook hands and called it a day at 170-3 with overs to spare. 
  • Options
    A brilliant England performance.

The NZ series should be a good one too. The Kiwis will have noted how Stokes and McCullum have changed England.
  • Options
    I see I have been successful in The Oval ballot, but for Day 4. Lets hope there's some rain, to ensure the game is still on by then!
  • Options
    I see I have been successful in The Oval ballot, but for Day 4. Lets hope there's some rain, to ensure the game is still on by then!
    not heard anything for me yet :/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Duckett talks about the fact that he was too young when he was first called up for England but now "knows his game". And that really is what it is about and the concept of playing within yourself. Some players never actually work out what they can and can't do or are asked to play in a way that is totally foreign to them.

Really think Duckett, despite batting at 4 for Notts, could be the answer but his efforts against NZ and Australia will answer that. 
  • Options
    not heard anything for me yet :/
    I haven't heard anything either! Currently only got Day 4 at Edgbaston. Very frustrating when i've been to at least 4 days of every England Home test match series for the last 2 years. Wish they'd bring in a loyalty points system...
  • Options
    https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/compton-betters-first-class-high-score-to-sign-off-2022/

Nick Compton piling on the runs in Zimbabwe.

Only a few months ago people were suggesting that Compton, a cautious, solid opener was exactly what England needed. With Bazball, he's the last sort of player who will get a look in...
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    It was interesting to hear Paul Farbrace praising the current England set up and saying that it is one thing to tell players to go out and play with freedom and another to implement an environment so quickly where they totally buy into that. Which they have done to the extent that newbies such as Brook and Ahmed haven't had that fear of failure hanging over them. It's OK for them to make mistakes. 

I'm not sure whether that would really have helped someone like James Vince because I've come to the conclusion that his issue is simply a lack of concentration. We'll only find out if he is given one more chance at some point. I do wonder however whether, in hindsight, had the likes of Ramprakash and Hick been afforded the same sort of backing and encouragement as say Crawley, for example, that would have allowed them to show their true worth. Both have openly admitted how the anxiety leading up to and during matches and fear of failure totally enveloped them so they ended up on that cycle of being in and out of the side. Sadly we'll never know.