Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Laurence Bassini - Telegraph claims he's bought Birmingham subject to EFL approval (p8)

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2022
    This will collapse. I still maintain there's no way the EFL approve him
    He'll pass. As he said, he's served his time & is not a bankrupt or committed felon. Passing the "fit & proper" test is a very low bar.

And also to the MP; The Government or the EFL cant stop Bassini buying Brum. Like they can't stop any sale of any club (apart from Chelsea it seems). 

I'd be more worried about where his £10m is coming from & the security behind it. Probably borrowed against the club like Southall was planning on doing. 
  • Options
    This will collapse. I still maintain there's no way the EFL approve him
    He'll pass. As he said, he's served his time & is not a bankrupt or committed felon. Passing the "fit & proper" test is a very low bar.

And also to the MP; The Government or the EFL cant stop Bassini buying Brum. Like they can't stop any sale of any club (apart from Chelsea it seems). 

I'd be more worried about where his £10m is coming from & the security behind it. Probably borrowed against the club like Southall was planning on doing. 
    I suspect the EFL will find some way of blocking this. 

They have approved a lot of scoundrels in the past however the vast majority of controversies have been around the character of the people they have approved, or the morals of where there money is coming from as opposed to whether they actually have any money, which is what I think this will come down too. If you look at the Bury situation i don't believe they ever actually approved Steve Dale, and in the situations with Derby/Wigan it wasn't that the owners didn't have money, its that they chose to stop funding the clubs which the EFL can't really do anything about.

I don't think the EFl are really that bothered about the moral character of those who own clubs as long as they keep them running financially and fulfilling fixtures etc, I think what would cause them issue is approving someone if they clearly haven't got the financial clout to run a club for any sustained period of time. From what I understand the current owners of Birmingham have basically stopped all investment and slashed wage bills etc, and they are still bleeding money. Championship clubs require many millions of pounds just to function.

Naturally this situations will cause a lot of anxiety amongst Birmingham fans and rightly so, and it's easy for me to say this given I have no affinity with the club, but I wouldn't be to worried about this as I'd be absolutely astounded if it actually comes off. Bassini has mentioned similar before about a whole host of clubs and it has never come to fruition.

• Options
    ross1 said:
    It makes you wonder why Sullivan is using him to use his money. Surely Sullivan knows his reputation and I assume if he gets in at Brum, Sullivan will be leaving West Ham
    Because if Bassini manages to buy Birmingham and inevitably fails, Sullivan will get St Andrews. West Ham fans won’t be happy, the Dildo brothers have taken more money out of the club than any other owner(s) not called Glazer. £22m in fact. 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Thank God we’ve got Thomas Sandgaard, more to the point. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Bassini says he's going to put in £30m to spend on players. I know who I'd rather have.....🤔😃
  • Options
    Pre-emptive lotto win. 
  • Options
    Just listened to that load of shyte..…..it made my skin crawl.😵‍💫
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Valley11 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Bassini says he's going to put in £30m to spend on players. I know who I'd rather have.....🤔😃
    Exactly. Maybe he could bring back his mate Southall as chairman as well. Southall wasn't that bad when you think about it, just like Roland wasn't 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow...that interview is absolute gold! Surely this can't be allowed to happen?