Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Laurence Bassini - Telegraph claims he's bought Birmingham subject to EFL approval (p8)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2022
    With my sceptical hat on, it’s just just a coincidence that Birmingham host the commonwealth games this summer with the Alexander Athletics Stadium having improvements meaning it can hold 30,000 with temporary seating after the event.
    Surely it can’t happen again.
    Isn't St Andrews falling down? Maybe they can't stay there? Echoes of our past here too.

An opportunity for Sullivan to clean up on land and relocate, no doubt at a heavily subsidised cost?
  • Options
    He’s interested in the Asbestos removal contract at St Andrews.
  • Options
    Wow, just wow!
  • Options
    Aside from having his arm up a green duck for most of my childhood why do I know the name Keith Harris?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Aside from having his arm up a green duck for most of my childhood why do I know the name Keith Harris?
    Hasnt he been involved with Palace?
  • Options
    Also rumoured to be interested in Charlton a few years ago.
  • Options
    Wasn't Keith Harris working with Roland at one stage to find potential new owners?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    He is a self styled "fixer" or matchmaker.  If you haven't got a pot to piss in and want to buy a club he is the man for you.  He will also set you up if you have a gold plated pot, he isnt fussy.  As long as he gets paid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Swisdom said:
    He is a self styled "fixer" or matchmaker.  If you haven't got a pot to piss in and want to buy a club he is the man for you.  He will also set you up if you have a gold plated pot, he isnt fussy.  As long as he gets paid.
    Another Farnell then?
  • Options
    Was going to say they would be on the way for a pre season tour of Thailand, but Swisdom has brutally beaten me to it. 

DO NOT OPEN THAT LINK if you're on a work device
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Here’s Bassini from 2019.  Classy guy

NOT WORK SAFE LINK

https://twitter.com/_harryh27/status/1536321331716935681?s=21&t=tvghCEwlT3w1q_0tB9z7Qw

Pleased my desk has no one over looking..... He is a horrible human
  • Options
    Surely EFL won't pass him!! 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Swisdom said:
    Another Farnell then?
    Except he actually has the career/back ground to back it up.  But like Farnell he does seem to have a bit of bad luck with the company he keeps.  Or he just doesn't care.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I know we often talk about the ineptitude of the EFL but surely not a chance in hell they approve him. 

Basically if he passes the test, you might as well not have it. They'd be a laughing stock (if they're not already) for signing off on him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My prediction is he buys, fails fit and proper and they are put under an embargo like we were with Nimer.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    If he’s got the money, they will have to swallow it, 
    A guy who was banned from football for 3 years and been bankrupt before? How's he passing the test?
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    A guy who was banned from football for 3 years and been bankrupt before? How's he passing the test?
    Because the 3 years are up?
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    It was meant as a play on the video.
  • Options
    https://thecharltondossier.com/laurence-bassini/

I did a google to find out a bit more about the guy, knew he was a wrong un but couldn't remember why and this was the 5th link. Glad it's high up in the search results, sharing in case anyone else wanted more info like myself/
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Was going to say they would be on the way for a pre season tour of Thailand, but Swisdom has brutally beaten me to it. 

DO NOT OPEN THAT LINK if you're on a work device
    Pretty sure honourable members of parliament have opened worse whilst sat in the green leather seats....

I'm intrigued now. 
  • Options
    Rather have Bassini than someone who plays guitar and wears sunglasses....

Irony alert
  • Options
    Remember, Bassini was going to ask for Charlton to be wound up a few months ago.

That was laughed away by TS and it is now forgotten.

I suspect that what Bassini wants is his name in the papers/twitter again.

He has no intention of buying Brum, probably doesn't have the money either but so what.

• Options
    Remember, Bassini was going to ask for Charlton to be wound up a few months ago.

That was laughed away by TS and it is now forgotten.

I suspect that what Bassini wants is his name in the papers/twitter again.

He has no intention of buying Brum, probably doesn't have the money either but so what.

I think the story about being funded by Sullivan is pretty accurate. So might not have the money himself but looks like a dodgy way to get Sullivan Birmingham is in the works. And of course Bassini gets to be a 'player' for a bit.