Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Laurence Bassini - Telegraph claims he's bought Birmingham subject to EFL approval (p8)

Comments

• Options
    Rothko said:
    What did happen with the winding up petition? 
    It got wound up
  • Options
    Sullivan - Bassini - Harris - the circus never ends.
    Surely this has no chance of getting through the "Owners Test" ? the bit that made me laugh is "If Bassini fails to meet the repayments" lol
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    What did happen with the winding up petition? 
    Got laughed in the paper recycling bin
  • Options
    Well, good luck Bowyer at Brum.

Good news is Warburton was set, according to twitter rumours, to join BCFC under their new owners 😀 
  • Options
    clive said:

EXCLUSIVE: David Sullivan is funding Laurence Bassini's proposed £35m bid to buy Birmingham City - and West Ham owner could regain control at St Andrew's if prospective buyer fails to repay £33m loan

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10802831/West-Ham-owner-David-Sullivan-funding-Laurence-Bassinis-proposed-35m-bid-buy-Birmingham-City.html
    Football is f*cked. How is that even allowed?
    I think Sullivan is selling or has sold West Ham
  • Options
    clive said:

EXCLUSIVE: David Sullivan is funding Laurence Bassini's proposed £35m bid to buy Birmingham City - and West Ham owner could regain control at St Andrew's if prospective buyer fails to repay £33m loan

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10802831/West-Ham-owner-David-Sullivan-funding-Laurence-Bassinis-proposed-35m-bid-buy-Birmingham-City.html
    Presumably because all David Sullivan is here is a finance company. Nothing to do with BCFC. He only takes ownership of the real estate should the finance terms not be met. Security for his loan if you like.  
  • Options
    clive said:

Presumably because all David Sullivan is here is a finance company. Nothing to do with BCFC. He only takes ownership of the real estate should the finance terms not be met. Security for his loan if you like.  
    Dodgy AF
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mind you, I doubt Bassini will buy the club 
  • Options
    It all sounds a bit dodgy, that's obvious because Bassini is involved. Not sure on EFL rules but will probably be cleared if it's merely a loan (issue arises when Bassini fails to repay).  
  • Options
    clive said:

that couldn't possibly be allowed, owning one club and having a controlling interest in another? 
  • Options
    clive said:

Sounds to me like a purchase by Sullivan via the back door. He can’t own two clubs at once and he can’t sell WHU until next year without paying a hefty windfall tax.

So he loans Bassini money to purchase Brum now and will effectively take it off him next year when Bassini can’t pay the loan repayments just after he flogs WHU, simples.
    It’s overwhelmingly certain that Sullivan has getting his hands on Birminghams real estate at the forefront of his decision to loan Bassini the money but even if Bassini defaults on the loan, Sullivan wouldn’t own BCFC any more than Duchatelet owns Charlton right now. The issue of owning two clubs doesn’t arise. 
  • Options
    clive said:

Sounds to me like a purchase by Sullivan via the back door. He can’t own two clubs at once and he can’t sell WHU until next year without paying a hefty windfall tax.

So he loans Bassini money to purchase Brum now and will effectively take it off him next year when Bassini can’t pay the loan repayments just after he flogs WHU, simples.
    It’s overwhelmingly certain that Sullivan has getting his hands on Birminghams real estate at the forefront of his decision to loan Bassini the money but even if Bassini defaults on the loan, Sullivan wouldn’t own BCFC any more than Duchatelet owns Charlton right now. The issue of owning two clubs doesn’t arise. 
    The EFL rules go further than just owning two clubs though. Also means someone can't be involved in certain affairs and there are also rules on lending/gifting money/guaranteeing debts. 
  • Options
    clive said:

The EFL rules go further than just owning two clubs though. Also means someone can't be involved in certain affairs and there are also rules on lending/gifting money/guaranteeing debts. 
    Since when did Bassini or Sullivan care about rules?
  • Options
    clive said:

It won’t be Sullivan transferring the money out of his current account though will it. No doubt a vehicle company will be in place to make the loan and take ownership should the terms of the loan are not met. I have no doubt that if Sullivan wants this to go ahead it will. Thinking there are not ways around the inadequacy of EFL’s rules is very naive.
  • Options
    clive said:

It won’t be Sullivan transferring the money out of his current account though will it. No doubt a vehicle company will be in place to make the loan and take ownership should the terms of the loan are not met. I have no doubt that if Sullivan wants this to go ahead it will. Thinking there are not ways around the inadequacy of EFL’s rules is very naive.
    but surely just knowing that ultimately its Sullivan's money means the fa couldn't possibly approve the takeover.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    clive said:

but surely just knowing that ultimately its Sullivan's money means the fa couldn't possibly approve the takeover.
    It would be the companies money not Sullivans. I’m not saying this is how it would be done but it’s seems most likely to me. There are plenty of people on this site that will be better informed about this sort of thing than me.
  • Options
    clive said:

I'm not being naive thank you. I don't trust the EFL but I think the FA are stronger. No it's not Sullivan's current account but it is a company he clearly owns, he's not trying to hide it. I have no doubt Sullivan will easily be able to take control of Birmingham's assets similar to the Roland comparison you make. Anything further will be blocked IMO. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    clive said:

I'm not being naive thank you. I don't trust the EFL but I think the FA are stronger. No it's not Sullivan's current account but it is a company he clearly owns, he's not trying to hide it. I have no doubt Sullivan will easily be able to take control of Birmingham's assets similar to the Roland comparison you make. Anything further will be blocked IMO. 
    So assuming this goes ahead and Bassini defaults on the arrangement. Sullivan then takes Birminghams real estate into his ownership. Sells his share in WHU to David Gold in a friends arrangement where Gold then puts WHU up for sale and when the Hammers are sold he shares the profits with Sullivan and then both move in on BCFC. Possible ? 
  • Options
    clive said:

So assuming this goes ahead and Bassini defaults on the arrangement. Sullivan then takes Birminghams real estate into his ownership. Sells his share in WHU to David Gold in a friends arrangement where Gold then puts WHU up for sale and when the Hammers are sold he shares the profits with Sullivan and then both move in on BCFC. Possible ? 
    It's possible defendant on the original deal with Bassini and Sullivan's company
  • Options
    clive said:

It's possible defendant on the original deal with Bassini and Sullivan's company
    Well I’m sure Sullivan knows how to trade this deal so that he makes a good few million profit. 
  • Options
    clive said:

Well I’m sure Sullivan knows how to trade this deal so that he makes a good few million profit. 
    Possibly. I don't know why Birmingham are only going for 32mil, I'm guessing it's due to debts. Allowing Bassini to take control risks the future of the club, are the assets going to be bring much profit? I doubt it. 
  • Options
    clive said:

Possibly. I don't know why Birmingham are only going for 32mil, I'm guessing it's due to debts. Allowing Bassini to take control risks the future of the club, are the assets going to be bring much profit? I doubt it. 
    Gold and Sullivan sold BC for £81.5 million. If they sell WHU they’ll make a huge profit. Owning Birminghams stadium and training ground would give them good leverage to oust Bassini if it him that still owns the football club. They effectively get BC for peanuts making profits all along the route from owning BC to buying WHU to getting BC back again. Luvvly jubbly.
  • Options
    clive said:

Gold and Sullivan sold BC for £81.5 million. If they sell WHU they’ll make a huge profit. Owning Birminghams stadium and training ground would give them good leverage to oust Bassini if it him that still owns the football club. They effectively get BC for peanuts making profits all along the route from owning BC to buying WHU to getting BC back again. Luvvly jubbly.
    If getting Birmingham for around 32mil is “peanuts”, why are the current owners selling for that amount? 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    With my sceptical hat on, it’s just just a coincidence that Birmingham host the commonwealth games this summer with the Alexander Athletics Stadium having improvements meaning it can hold 30,000 with temporary seating after the event.
    Surely it can’t happen again.
  • Options
    clive said:

With bassini getting a nice "thank you"
  • Options
    With my sceptical hat on, it’s just just a coincidence that Birmingham host the commonwealth games this summer with the Alexander Athletics Stadium having improvements meaning it can hold 30,000 with temporary seating after the event.
    Surely it can’t happen again.
    Ask Britney....