Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Laurence Bassini - Telegraph claims he's bought Birmingham subject to EFL approval (p8)

Comments

• Options
    Presumably as part of due diligence TS’ representatives would have seen all company bank statements and accounts for the period in question and would have seen any money being put in and questioned where it came from. I would also think as part of the sale Southal would have had to sign some kind of agreement along the lines of everything related to financial matters had been disclosed. I am no corporate lawyer, but that would just seem like basic common sense in these matters. If so presumably TS will know of the validity of the claim and either be expecting it or will be able to tell him to fuck off and that he will claim for any legal expenses he occurs in dealing with the matter.
  • Options
    Prick. 
  • Options
    Also why has this taken a year or more to reach this point? If you are owed a sizeable sum wouldn't this be pursued expediently and you would seek a winding up order much sooner.

Unless of course there has been 'to & fro' between all parties throughout this period and this is the final action to conclude it once and for all.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    It despairs me there is not one decent journalist, paper or TV programme prepared to do something in exposing these absolute parasites for what they are
    Indeed. That is why we created the Dossier, and we will take the opportunity to deploy it on this matter.

However it would seem some people on this thread can't be arsed to actually read in detail what we know about Bassini and this claim, even when it is suggested to them. For those who really,really  can't be arsed, here is a cut and paste of the pop-up summary. It basically tells you all you need to know

Bassini’s name was familiar to fans mainly thanks to his controversial ownership of Watford. He was briefly reported by the media to be interested in a bid for Charlton in May 2020. However documents subsequently emerged which showed that Bassini was claiming to be owed £1.25m by Charlton as a “finder’s fee” for his supposed involvement in assisting ESI’s purchase. This claim appears to have been dismissed by the club. Lee Amis has asserted that he (Amis) was the person who introduced ESI to Richard Murray, so he says Bassini’s supposed role is a bogus claim. Certainly such an amount for a finder’s fee would be highly excessive, and Bassini’s lawyers produced no contract to support the claim.
    Is there really the need to act so combative?

I know what’s in the dossier, I’ve been following Charlton’s ownership saga for some time now. He wants a settlement and it wouldn’t surprise me if he got one just to shut him up. 

It also wouldn’t surprise me if this is a non-story that won’t see past the weekend. 
  • Options
    LB might be a toxic fat oxygen thief but he is succeeding in winding up those of us who actually care about Charlton.
    He's like that summer night mosquito that buzzes close to your ear just as you're nodding off, bugging the heck out of you but ultimately harmless/pointless.
    My money's on TS having the legal equivalent of a massive fly swat and huge aerosol of Raid.

• Options
    It saddens me that I have the same initials and first name as Laurence Bassini, but not his good-looks unfortunately...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Almost the exact amount of money we got for Burstow, coincidence?
    And also almost the exact amount of money that Mouthall was trying to sell his house for! Coincidence?
  • Options
    Will we ever be free from these parasite scumbags ? not that I think there is a chance in hell of anything coming of this but why on earth do they keep thinking they can come back and have a go ????
  • Options
    I suspect if his claim was going that well or was indeed even that valid I very much doubt he’d been pushing it so hard in the press - especially begging Richard Cawley to post something about it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    It despairs me there is not one decent journalist, paper or TV programme prepared to do something in exposing these absolute parasites for what they are
    Indeed. That is why we created the Dossier, and we will take the opportunity to deploy it on this matter.

However it would seem some people on this thread can't be arsed to actually read in detail what we know about Bassini and this claim, even when it is suggested to them. For those who really,really  can't be arsed, here is a cut and paste of the pop-up summary. It basically tells you all you need to know

Bassini’s name was familiar to fans mainly thanks to his controversial ownership of Watford. He was briefly reported by the media to be interested in a bid for Charlton in May 2020. However documents subsequently emerged which showed that Bassini was claiming to be owed £1.25m by Charlton as a “finder’s fee” for his supposed involvement in assisting ESI’s purchase. This claim appears to have been dismissed by the club. Lee Amis has asserted that he (Amis) was the person who introduced ESI to Richard Murray, so he says Bassini’s supposed role is a bogus claim. Certainly such an amount for a finder’s fee would be highly excessive, and Bassini’s lawyers produced no contract to support the claim.
    Is there really the need to act so combative?

I know what’s in the dossier, I’ve been following Charlton’s ownership saga for some time now. He wants a settlement and it wouldn’t surprise me if he got one just to shut him up. 

It also wouldn’t surprise me if this is a non-story that won’t see past the weekend. 
    Sweet Jesus. If you've read the file on him, then please explain to me, please explain to all of us, settlement for what exactly? 

Spare me the patronising tone, it doesn’t make it easy to communicate with you.

It seems to me that’s the game these chancers play, threaten a bunch of legal action with flimsy evidence  in the hope of a small pay-off outside of the courtroom. I’m not saying he deserves a settlement or has any legal precedent - just that TS may pay him a nominal fee to crawl back into his hole.

I don’t see that being unfathomable, happy to be informed otherwise. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Seriously hope TS engages some top notch lawyers to fuck Bassini over and bill him for time wasting. Would love to see the scammers scammed.
    Sadly I think TS will have to get lawyers involved at a cost and the chance of ever reclaiming that from LB is close to zero.
  • Options
    LB looks like he is trying to find another fix, or kicked out of his crack den! 
  • Options

So he disappeared for well over a year and returned after adding on an extra 450k, excellent stuff.

If he had a legitimate claim why the fuck would he wait all this time?

The guys got no chance of seeing a single penny, Sandgaard's lawyers will laugh at him.