Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Wigan Athletic vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 12th February - 3pm KO

Comments

• edited February 2022
    Kanu on second half would be good, Burstow's not interested, could see him on and getting the winner, now that would be luverlee.. B)
  • J BLOCK said:
    Clare showing he’s not a defender 
    He isn't a midfielder either. Basic league one player, despite some decent performances, he won't ever play higher, 
    Beg to differ
  • Dazzler21 said:
    What's happened to Jaiyesimi? Has become very slow for a winger.
    ZERO confidence. Hasn't wanted to receive the ball for most of the season. If you watch his movement, he actively puts himself in positions to not get the ball. 
  • Burstow played a great switch pass for our goal, but has struggled to get involved much apart from that. His passes haven't quite come off. 

1-1 half time. Thought that opening 20/25 minutes was very positive. DJ, Lee and Leko looked really energetic and dangerous. The penalty fiasco revved up the crowd and Wigan grew into the game and they equalised. Thought the game went a bit flat, Wigan looked to pose more threats with set-plays but we had our moments too. 

If we can get back to the levels before their equaliser, we should be alright. 
  • None of the top 10 are winning at half time today.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Clare showing he’s not a defender 
    He isn't a midfielder either. Basic league one player, despite some decent performances, he won't ever play higher, 
    Beg to differ
  • Sponsored links:

• Excellent first 15 mins from us and, for a change, we took advantage and scored. Unlucky not to get a second when Gilbey hit the bar. Penalty shenanigans have woken Wigan up and they’ve sussed us out a bit. Wigan been the better side since the penalty and there’s been a few bits of frantic defending but we’ve also carried a threat and should’ve had a penalty ourselves. There’s not been a lot in it, in my opinion. Let’s not forget we’re away at a team in the top two with our 3 best strikers missing. Been a lot better than I feared it might be, and think we’re bang in this. Next goal is vital. 
  • Enjoyable half for me that. Thought Wigan looked dangerous every bloody time they went forward, but they didn’t have it all their own way. 

Going to more goals in this game I imagine. Be happy to get away with a draw.
  • Has MacG dived the right way on a penalty yet?
  • Scoham said:
    Gonna get a ton of lol’s for this but Burstow has never actually been that great. I’ve never watched him and thought he really stood out from everyone else on the pitch. He pops up with a goal here and there (mainly in the Papa Johns), but he doesn’t contribute with much else. £1.7m for him is a great deal. 
    Nothing to lol there, Chelsea have signed him for his goalscoring and potential, he hasn’t stood out for his play outside the box in the way players like Shelvey, Lookman etc have.
    Completely agree, he did play a lovely pass to Matthews in the build up to our goal. Think he’s been better today than his last few games. 
  • edited February 2022
    We’ve given them a game first half much better than v Bolton. Great cross by Matthews for Lee who took his goal well . Dodged a pen then conceded one when Matthews failed to stop their man along the goal line. Gilbey’s failure to convert chances continue s although he’s played well. Leko flatters to deceive and wasted his best bit of play high and wide 😤. Good shot stopper but McGilivray is your archetypal stay at home Dracula keeper who’s distribution hasn’t been great. Happy with the performance overall despite all the changes and key personnel missing COYRs.
  • Gonna get a ton of lol’s for this but Burstow has never actually been that great. I’ve never watched him and thought he really stood out from everyone else on the pitch. He pops up with a goal here and there (mainly in the Papa Johns), but he doesn’t contribute with much else. £1.7m for him is a great deal. 
    No lol from me . I think you’ve got it spot on 
  • Let Burstow toddle off to Chelsea and let them develop him.  Give young Kanu a shot.  
  • None of the top 10 are winning at half time today.
    7 draws with only 3 teams winning at HT.
  • Sponsored links:

• vff said:
    vff said:
    Clare booked on 4 mins - :s
    Just joined - what did he do?

Just joined in time !!! 1-0 - Maybe you could log off and just join again ;)
    I was attending a sick hen but have brought her into my shed to listen to the match. She may be a lucky hen.
    Eggcelent
  • Dazzler21 said:
    That Inniss penalty looks a dead cert.
    Ref was watching the corner taker for some reason, but there are other officials..should be a nailed on pen..
  • Should have been 3 penalties in the first half
  • Not watching as at the theatre. What formation are we playing?
  • Poor decision by JJ only playing one center half. Purrington, Clare and Matthews have been really bad. Need to sub in one of Lavelle or Pearce.  Midfield has been very good and have covered a lot of ground. Dobson, Gilbey and Lee are really the only reason we still have a chance.  If we can shore up the defense, we may have a chance to nick this
  • Another crap ref. Honestly how do we get them every week? 
  • Chunes said:
    Not watching as at the theatre. What formation are we playing?
    3-5-2 I think 😂
  • Croydon said:
    Selling Burstow looking better and better by the match  
    Despite what he said in his tweet he is hardly going to be busting a gut when he has signed for Chelsea, that's why it was stupid decision to loan him back.
    You think he's not trying? He's giving the same effort as before he signed for Chelsea, he's just not ready to play for us
  • Just woke up, we’re not losing!!!!
  • I could climb the O2 but freeze at the top and not be able to walk down!

Indeed I'd have to walk down backwards :D
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!