Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

European Cup Competitions - 21/22

Comments

• Options
    1-1 all done zzzz
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    To be fair they deserve that
  • Options
    Can see why Spurs have been heavily linked with Kostic, the LWB.
  • Options
    Can see why Knauff is so highly rated at Dortmund
  • Options
    As good as West Ham have been since they went behind, Frankfurt have played some lovely football at times.

Good game to watch this.
  • Options
    Can see why Knauff is so highly rated at Dortmund
    We just need him to get a red card for the headline tomorrow 'Knauff Off'.
  • Options
    The atmosphere at West ham sounds absolutely dead. A european semi final and it's as lively as a pre-season friendly.
  • Options
    Been a decent couple of Semi-Finals this week. - Never usually watch the European competitions either, let alone the Europa League 
  • Options
    2-1 Frankfurt. They look decent to me, playing some good stuff.
  • Options
    Lovely goal from Frankfurt... Unless Im missing something, but why is there no VAR in the Europa League??? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there no VAR ? 
    I didn’t celebrate that goal for ages cos I thought it may be offside 
  • Options
    Leicester 1-1, Lookman. 
  • Options
    Lovely goal from Frankfurt... Unless Im missing something, but why is there no VAR in the Europa League??? 
    There is VAR in the Europa, i remember Rangers having a goal disallowed early v Braga in the last round.
  • Options
    The atmosphere at West ham sounds absolutely dead. A european semi final and it's as lively as a pre-season friendly.

Shame they didn't let Frankfurt have 10k tickets instead of 3k.

The 87 fans who deserted Charlton Athletic to go to West Ham reckon David Moyes has taken the hammers as far as he can !
  • Options
    What an effort from Bowen, so unlucky.
  • Options
    Great game of Football to watch. 

Shame the Frankfurt players had to get stroppy with West Ham when they didn't kick the ball out for one of their injured players - Especially when Frankfurt themselves did exactly the same when their own player was down moments later
  • Options
    What an effort from Bowen, so unlucky.
    Lost count of how many deflections they've scored from this year, including Bowen's goal in the 1st leg vs Lyon.

Great game to watch that.  Impressed by Frankfurt.  Didnt think they were capable of that.

Can see West Ham winning in Germany though.
  • Options
    It's great watching away teams who want to score and not just get men behind the Ball like Atletico and Villarreal away from home.
    I thought it may end 2-2 as there was lots of room down the flanks of Frankfurt. 
    Bowen is a cracking player who on another night has a brace.
  • Options
    Thought West Ham were poor. Passing was crap and they keep playing far too close to the touchlines. Bowen and Rice the only standouts.
  • Options
    We've had an academy product make an appearance in all 3 European cup competition semi finals this season.

Gomez champs league
    Aribo Europa
    Lookman Conference

Whilst we're stuck in mid table in league 1 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Jac_52 said:
    We've had an academy product make an appearance in all 3 European cup competition semi finals this season.

Gomez champs league
    Aribo Europa
    Lookman Conference

Whilst we're stuck in mid table in league 1 

Joe Aribo wasn't a scholar when we signed him from Staines but all 3 were awesome players at Cafc.
    As a rule if you sell your talent on a regular basis you end up a weaker side. The only team I can remember who got stronger after selling a major player from their side was Liverpool when Coutinho left for 160 million to Barcelona where he failed to shine and yet Liverpool just kept on improving.

• Options
    Problem with that stadium in particular, and when you have a capacity that allows for day trippers and fringe fans.

Hammer mate of mine says the crowds they get at the european nights only know 'West are massive' so there's no chance of building an atmosphere after bubbles.
  • Options
    Big night tonight for British clubs.

In the Europa league:

Frankfurt (2) v West Ham (1)
    Rangers (0) v RB Leipzig (1)

And in the conference league Roma (1) v Leicester (1)

Elsewhere in the ECL, absolutely no one will be surprised to hear that Marseille and Feyenoord fans have basically spent the last 24 hours fighting across the city.
  • Options
    Can only see Rangers going through out of the British sides. 
  • Options
    Frankfurt home form is poor. West Ham turn up like they did in Lyon they’ve got a chance.
  • Options
    I'd love to see a West ham v Rangers final but i think it'll end up an all German final.

Frankfurt's home form as Gary says isn't great, but they do draw a lot which will be enough tonight.
    Rangers if they score early and get Ibrox rocking they've got a great chance but they have no fit strikers and ultimately i think Leipzig's quality will overcome them.

Hope i'm very wrong though.
  • Options
    Joe Aribo playing as a false 9 tonight
  • Options
    Atmosphere looks insane at Frankfurt 
  • Options
    Making a big deal about the fans taking the seats out, our friends up the road we’re doing that in the 70s 😉
  • Options
    Brilliant header from Abraham, Roma 1 Leicester 0.