Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Oxford United | Saturday 19th February 2022

Comments

• Options
    Can’t remember ever being so disengaged when watching Charlton. I don’t realistically feel like we’ll go down this year, so the season is basically over. I’m not even getting angry at the shit goals were conceding. Its awful viewing. The quality of football is atrocious. It’s just so depressing while being all too familiar.
    My daughter was born in 2008. We’ve spent over half her life in league one. Every season of relative success has been a false dawn.
    I just can’t see what we might do this summer to move up out of this league and I’m even finding it difficult to envisage any end to this godawful period in our history.
  • Options
    lol! The ref has even had a go at our ball boy 
    Probably asking for his phone number
    Nah the ball boy kicked the ball at an Oxford player who was faking injury 
  • Options
    Game has turned into a farce now. 
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial·1m72'
    🟨 Brown booked for time-wasting. 

#cafc 0 #oufc 3
  • Options
    Time wasting on a three nil lead - embarrassing...
  • Options
    These Oxford players are f***ing bell ends.

Time wasting, play acting ... load of cheats.

The worst thing is all they have to do is play a couple of forward passes and they're through on goal so they don't need to resort to that level of shittiness.
    Was just saying this myself... They should be 5 up if they didn't waste time
  • Options
    Oxford United FC@OUFCOfficial7⃣3⃣
    Space opens up for Sykes who looks to curl one into the far corner but it spins just wide of the left post. Sykes then goes down after taking the shot and will need treatment

#CAFC 0-3 #OUFC
  • Options
    Can we please take Gilbey off he's offered less than nothing today!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Essential viewing. 

These new fangled formations with centre backs playing deeper than full backs will never catch on……. 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    That ball boy has done more for us. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    -shit is really bad
  • Options
    Looking forward to the usual "lowest point" comments in the post match thread.
  • Options
    It continues to amaze me how the only person who has never come in for any criticism is Steve Gallen , a catolouge of failures in the transfer market both in the summer and this window signing injury prone players, players in the wrongpositions, leaving it too late , players on loan who don’t even play and to be fair to Sandgaard he not been scared to put his hand in his pocket. We really do need a massive overhaul in our recruitment policy and I’m not sure Martin Sandgaard is going to be the answer either 
  • Options
    Garrymanilow said: 
    So when we look crap in the first half it’s because of the formation but when we look crap in the second half, it’s the players.

Maybe it’s just the players no matter how you shuffle the pack.
    Who picks them? 

Who bought them?
    The bloke picking them is picking the best of a bad bunch.

The recruitment is a discussion for another day. I agree it’s grim.
    No, I don't think he has today. Three centre backs on the bench and we've lined up with a left back and a centre mid in a back three. Can't square that
    How does that square with the fact that we’ve changed formation and looked no better?

Our best period of this game was the first fifteen minutes when playing with those players.
    So you are in favour to keep the defensive setup that has secured us 2 clean sheets in the last 13 matches?

But are writing off changing the formation because we conceded when chasing the game?
  • Options
    These Oxford players are f***ing bell ends.

Time wasting, play acting ... load of cheats.

The worst thing is all they have to do is play a couple of forward passes and they're through on goal so they don't need to resort to that level of shittiness.
    Agreed. Some really twatish behaviour from them and the very weak ref was in their pockets early doors so has let them get away with it.
  • Options
    We need a proper CEO like Varney. That’s three managers who started well under TS and then lost the plot making weird team selections. TS management style is not working and bringing his own son in can’t be the answer.
    Yes we do but there might be other options if we start looking beyond people who have a past affiliation with the club. Hopefully when it comes to CEO's, Managers etc we will start to look further afield than past players or people who's aunties worked in the cafe for years
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Leuth said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Sean Clare sums up this team perfectly. A player never good enough to play above league one. Doesn’t care, can’t pass forward, can’t defend. Pony in every single way. 
    Extremely harsh. Wrong, even. Although he has lost form recently 
    Not wrong in the slightest. If you think he can ever play above league one, in-fact, be in a top 6 league one team, then you can’t have seen him enough. Woeful player, despite the odd ‘ok’ performance. Accepting this drivel is not acceptable anymore. 
    Don't agree.  On a number of occasions he has been the only positive in some of the dreadful performances put out by this team this season.
  • Options
    Oxford United FC@OUFCOfficial·1m7⃣6⃣
    Taylor tries to get in behind but Famewo gets in front of him and clears the ball

#CAFC 0-3 #OUFC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Leuth said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Sean Clare sums up this team perfectly. A player never good enough to play above league one. Doesn’t care, can’t pass forward, can’t defend. Pony in every single way. 
    Extremely harsh. Wrong, even. Although he has lost form recently 
    Not wrong in the slightest. If you think he can ever play above league one, in-fact, be in a top 6 league one team, then you can’t have seen him enough. Woeful player, despite the odd ‘ok’ performance. Accepting this drivel is not acceptable anymore. 
    Spot on. Too many wanking themselves off over the bare fucking minimum 
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial·38s77'
    🟨 Morgan booked for a foul on Whyte. 

#cafc 0 #oufc 3
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Really thought he was starting to come into his own a month or two ago but has been nothing short of useless recently. Baffles me that he’s escaped the kind of criticism that Morgan and Lee have attracted as he’s been the worst of a bad bunch recently. 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    It continues to amaze me how the only person who has never come in for any criticism is Steve Gallen , a catolouge of failures in the transfer market both in the summer and this window signing injury prone players, players in the wrongpositions, leaving it too late , players on loan who don’t even play and to be fair to Sandgaard he not been scared to put his hand in his pocket. We really do need a massive overhaul in our recruitment policy and I’m not sure Martin Sandgaard is going to be the answer either 
    This, if a signings bad, it's Driesen/Sandgaard/Roddy's fault, if they're good, he gets the praise
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial·1m72'
    🟨 Brown booked for time-wasting. 

#cafc 0 #oufc 3

A cheer from all those who think the co-commentator talks too much ...
  • Options
    At least we're on target for 5 cards a game as usual!
  • Options
    Garrymanilow said: 
    So when we look crap in the first half it’s because of the formation but when we look crap in the second half, it’s the players.

Maybe it’s just the players no matter how you shuffle the pack.
    Who picks them? 

Who bought them?
    The bloke picking them is picking the best of a bad bunch.

The recruitment is a discussion for another day. I agree it’s grim.
    No, I don't think he has today. Three centre backs on the bench and we've lined up with a left back and a centre mid in a back three. Can't square that
    How does that square with the fact that we’ve changed formation and looked no better?

Our best period of this game was the first fifteen minutes when playing with those players.
    So you are in favour to keep the defensive setup that has secured us 2 clean sheets in the last 13 matches?

But are writing off changing the formation because we conceded when chasing the game?
    352 is still the only play we can play but with actual centre backs on the pitch .  
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    I have been supporting this club since the 70's, I made a comment about the club and the players not being right straight after the transfer window, and sadly got pelters, I am pleased this is a forum where people can have an opinion, and will from time to time have a little moan, because that is what we do as supporters because we care!

However I will stand by the club through thick and thin, I know season has been difficult and I do not belief we have the right team in place to progress. KR has proved that with his tactics, you have to applaud Robinson as he really has his side playing for him regardless what we think of him. Sorry this may be in advance of the Post Thread, apologies!
  • Options
    I was hoping we’d show a bit more fight in the 2nd half…..oops wrong sort of fight
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!