Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Oxford United | Saturday 19th February 2022

Comments

• Options
    100% a red card. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Clare now CB in a back four. 

Not for long
  • Options
    And now Clare's lost the plot.

Just when you thought yhe afternoon couldn't get any shittier they somehow find a way to take a massive dump on your front lawn.
  • Options
    Sean Clare sums up this team perfectly. A player never good enough to play above league one. Doesn’t care, can’t pass forward, can’t defend. Pony in every single way. 
  • Options
    Although equally feel that Taylor should be off now too

How he is only now getting booked is a joke
  • Options
    If only we had some proper centre  halfs available 
  • Options
    Oh well, it'd be a good comeback to win from here ...
  • Options
    1. 63'

Booking

Ryan Inniss (Charlton Athletic) is shown the yellow card.

• Options
    How is Inniss booked in there but only one of their players is? 
  • Options
    Back to three at the back then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At least Jackson will have to pick a proper centre half next game or will he bring back Gunter!
  • Options
    Famewo coming on
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial·
    🟨 Inniss and Taylor both booked for their parts in the incident. 

#cafc 0 #oufc 3
  • Options
    So when we look crap in the first half it’s because of the formation but when we look crap in the second half, it’s the players.

Maybe it’s just the players no matter how you shuffle the pack.
    Who picks them? 

Who bought them?
  • Options
    Browny is a fucking moron
  • Options
    Clare has been building up to that for about a month. Fucking twat.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    How is Inniss booked in there but only one of their players is? 
    Ref's probably as fed up with our players as we are

• Options
    Clare is an idiot and that’s also been coming for a while.  All is not well in the Charlton camp.  Pathetic behaviour and letting the team down.  
  • Options
    Total frustration from Clare. Deserved red card. 

Jackson looks totally lost.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. 64'

Post update

Craig MacGillivray (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    So when we look crap in the first half it’s because of the formation but when we look crap in the second half, it’s the players.

Well when we were changing the formation from a 2 nil deficit chasing the game, its hardly a fair comparison.

Anyway, this looks like a watershed game. Jackson's not coming back from this.
  • Options

65' Burstow heads over from Leko's cross. #cafc 0 #oufc 3
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Anyone know how Josh Davison is getting on
    Firing Johnnie William's Swindon Town to glory. :wink:
    Not playing today?  ;)  
    On the bench, saving him for the big games. 

I'll see if I can get us a pair of tickets for Wembley 😀😀😀
  • Options
    Also, it looked like a lot of aggro from Taylor there combined with play acting. 

I...think that's kind of a harsh red. I don't see anything in it apart from two yellows. Taylor tried to wrap himself around Clare, Clare triea to remove him. 

I mean it's academic at this point. And hopefully we'll start 4-4-2 Diamond on Tuesday. Clare could probably use a game off anyway. It's just a shame we'll probably see Matthews at RB on Tuesday night. 
  • Options
    The only solace I can take is the last time I felt this bad about a Charlton team was the run-in of the 09/10 season. Hard to see that we’ll get a repeat of 10/11 from here because we’re even shitter that we were in 09/10 but it does at least show things can change and rapidly. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Clare now CB in a back four. @Dazzler21 ascends to godhead
    Aged well
  • Options
    I said after the last game he should be dropped for gifting two goals in two games and now he gets sent off, brilliant 👏
  • Options
    I'm almost glad Clare's got a red here. He's been really poor since the Portsmouth game and we've come to a point where we don't actually have to play him at centre back...and we've put him there anyway, because shrug. This is the inevitable end point of playing an out of form player out of position. No doubt we'll try to keep playing him through the suspension regardless. Absolutely mystified by the choices made today
  • Options

Who picks them? 

Who bought them?
    The bloke picking them is picking the best of a bad bunch.

The recruitment is a discussion for another day. I agree it’s grim.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!