Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Milton Keynes | Tuesday 22 February 2022 7.45 ko

Comments

• DDOUBLEE said:
    Mad how everyone can see how shit Matthews is other than Jackson, genuinely
    I think everyone knows how limited he is but where is the better option?
    DJ would be a better right side wing back IMO.
  • Pedro45 said:
    Well it's much better than Saturday, and with more belief we could have even scored a couple. Matthews at fault for the goal and his four crosses have all been poor. He wastes his pace. Burstow is busting a gut to feed on scraps and could have scored from the defenders mistake. Castillo is finding it tough and Albie doesn't have any room. The others are just ok... We could get back into this but I can see a second going in and that will be that.
    Agreed. We've actually been ok, working harder and creating half chances 

But at the back we're still so vulnerable, either to the ball over the top, or to through balls. 
  • Crossbar challenge. Our fans are just as bad as the players.

Can any of them actually kick a ball. 
  • paulfox said:
    ross1 said:
    And this picture is an example of where Adam matthews plays every game, generally running after the attacking player but not actually getting anywhere near!! … picture provided by Cafc official.
    I mean that’s there defender, and that’s Matthews running towards the Jimmy Seed.
  • Slightly livelier than Oxford, almost made some chances. Slightly shit rather than absolute shit. 
  • Been alright for the most part with mk Dons tidy but unspectacular, but, they definitely came alive towards the end of the half and surprise surprise, 0-1. 
  • We need to beat the MK Dons for the good of football
  • We don't come from behind and win.
    Against MK we absolutely don't come from behind and win
    Beat them 5-1 coming from behind, in our very first meeting
    Idk, only one team is playing football in a particularly likeable way and it ain't us 
  • Gilbey could play the simple pass to matthews out wide for a cross all day and we still wouldn’t score, what about playing it on the ground to a forward …
  • Sponsored links:

• Matthews again . Totally out of his depth .
    Castello looked OK  , but needs to take the right back on .
  • Honestly don't see any difference between Adkins' Charlton and Jackson's Charlton now. 

First sign of pressure and we crumble. 
  • Shrew said:
    Gilbey could play the simple pass to matthews out wide for a cross all day and we still wouldn’t score, what about playing it on the ground to a forward …
    He also hit a massive crossfield to Matthews, be fair to him
  • aliwibble said:
     My connection is still buggered.

• Crossbar challenge. Our fans are just as bad as the players.

Can any of them actually kick a ball. 
    He did hit the bottom of the post, at least he hit some wood.. B)
    Against MK we absolutely don't come from behind and win
    Not totally sure history is going to repeat itself tonight! 
    Against MK we absolutely *don't come from behind and win
    *Won't 
  • Leuth said:
    Shrew said:
    Gilbey could play the simple pass to matthews out wide for a cross all day and we still wouldn’t score, what about playing it on the ground to a forward …
    He also hit a massive crossfield to Matthews, be fair to him
    Yep and then what happened… 
  • Sponsored links:

I’m not defending Matthews here at all, but it’s funny that because he is public enemy number 1, we have posters claiming pictures of him running past Lewington their number 3 is actually him chasing after an MK Dons attacker, and now that he has looked out of his depth and Castillo has looked OK. When in reality Castillo has barely done anything, and clearly lacks the confidence to do anything but play as safe at the moment. 

• Here come the Addicks for the second 45... COME ON YOUUU REDS!
  • Jacko does resemble an annoyed player/captain more of late than Manager to me. 

Just need to think outside the box a little as teams know how we setup. We nearly did it against Bolton but then threw it away.
  • Sunderland game has just kicked off after an hour delay for fan emergency
    IDK. 2 peachy balls over the top which they didn't capitalise on and one pass that carved through us like butter and finished with aplomb.|
    Against our well intentioned, laboured, haphazard, honest ineptitude with no end product.
    I’m not defending Matthews here at all, but it’s funny that because he is public enemy number 1, we have posters claiming pictures of him running past Lewington their number 3 is actually him chasing after an MK Dons attacker, and now that he has looked out of his depth and Castillo has looked OK. When in reality Castillo has barely done anything, and clearly lacks the confidence to do anything but play as safe at the moment. 
    Disagree Castillo is also playing well. That defensive lapse aside from Gunter AND Matthew is the one bad thing he's done. Problem is it is a mortal wound.
  • edited February 2022
    I played once for the worst team I ever played in, approx 54 years ago the 9th royal eltham cub scouts lost 9-0.  Never again, i thought.  But the last 2 games have brought the nightmare flooding back, but pretty sure our defending was slightly better
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!