Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This is the worst I've seen

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2022
    I know we have made money on transfers since TS has been here, and quite a bit but how a L1 team can be 5 points away from mid table having spent something like £2M in 15 months is staggering.  Abysmal recruitment strategy. 

Maybe it is MS / TS tinkering but given they are staying, Gallen has to go in the summer and we need to hope Pope and Gomez move on and we have a decent budget again.

All that money spent, one of the highest wage budgets and we are not even bottom of the 11-12 decent teams in this division.

Since Gallen came out end of Jan and said the spine was done and just tinkering in the windows was left we have been comprehensively out played time and time again.

On top of that we still have an injury prone squad of players which is now a feature going back 3 seasons, and we are re-signing the likes of Aneke we know can't stay fit. It's just illogical.
    Recruit the MK Dons' recruitment team.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    JJ out of his depth…don’t see what this Skiverton brings…the worst I can remember in a long time this whole season….
    Non league ideas.

• Options
    In 2005, in your wildest dreams could you imagine that in the space of 4 days, Charlton would host Oxford and MK Dons in league games and lose with an aggregate of 0-6??
  • Options
    RCAFCTrev said:
    In 2005, in your wildest dreams could you imagine that in the space of 4 days, Charlton would host Oxford and MK Dons in league games and lose with an aggregate of 0-6??
    I was sitting there tonight , thinking about when we tonked MK dons 5-0 (another midweek match)  when it didn’t stop raining, we’ve fallen a long way!
  • Options
    Jackson and his 352 need to go.
  • Options
    I’d say now that Jackson won’t get the shout for next season. This isn’t just about the players. The tactics, selection and a lot more are wrong. Not a knee jerk reaction but I’d now clear out the entire management team. Including Gallen.
    Should have gone with Adkins.

• Options
    Football was shite but witnessing two seperate punch ups in a pub after the game on a Tuesday night is unusual but entertaining nonetheless 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Football was shite but witnessing two seperate punch ups in a pub after the game on a Tuesday night is unusual but entertaining nonetheless 
    Oak?
  • Options
    RCAFCTrev said:
    I was sitting there tonight , thinking about when we tonked MK dons 5-0 (another midweek match)  when it didn’t stop raining, we’ve fallen a long way!
    This is it for me. Plus we were copletlet outsung at home by MK Dons in the emptiest valley for years. 
  • Options
    Let's remember the context.

This is League 1 (aka the Third Division).  We have now lost 16 League games.

I haven't checked the records, but I think we might be flirting with it.
  • Options
    We're more than flirting at this level. Still not at the Dagenham nadir but closing in
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited February 2022
    This is not only the worst Charlton team I’ve seen but it’s also the worst I’ve ever felt about them. It’s like it’s finally caught up with me. All the letdowns. I’m royally pissed off with it all. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    So you saw more strikes on target than on the pitch?
  • Options
    Funnily enough, watching tonight’s game reminded me of that 2010 season when Chris Powell took over, players with limited ability who didn’t seem to care whether we won or lost.

(Ok , he wasn’t great tonight, but why didn’t we sign Scott Twine last summer?).

These players currently are a lot better than we had the back end of that season, that is for sure.. For me, Jackson has to take a lot of the blame here, he is so stubborn, body language is terrible, he looks lost. The formation is clearly not working, but we keep going with it.. 

TS has supported with regards to budget and getting players in.. Not many clubs would have spent as much as we have on transfers in League One this year. We are paying some big salaries.. 

Comes a time, you need to play to our players strengths, and not trying to fit players in to a formation.. We have some good wide attacking players, why not give them the freedom up the pitch rather than giving them responsibility of playing wing-backs. How many goals we conceded of late, wing-backs out of position and they have got down the side of our center-halfs.  

Unless Jackson can show flexibility in approach, for me he has to go! We lose these next 2 games, we are bang in trouble, and it is going to be a nervy end to the season! 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Funnily enough, watching tonight’s game reminded me of that 2010 season when Chris Powell took over, players with limited ability who didn’t seem to care whether we won or lost.

(Ok , he wasn’t great tonight, but why didn’t we sign Scott Twine last summer?).

These players currently are a lot better than we had the back end of that season, that is for sure.. For me, Jackson has to take a lot of the blame here, he is so stubborn, body language is terrible, he looks lost. The formation is clearly not working, but we keep going with it.. 

TS has supported with regards to budget and getting players in.. Not many clubs would have spent as much as we have on transfers in League One this year. We are paying some big salaries.. 

Comes a time, you need to play to our players strengths, and not trying to fit players in to a formation.. We have some good wide attacking players, why not give them the freedom up the pitch rather than giving them responsibility of playing wing-backs. How many goals we conceded of late, wing-backs out of position and they have got down the side of our center-halfs.  

Unless Jackson can show flexibility in approach, for me he has to go! We lose these next 2 games, we are bang in trouble, and it is going to be a nervy end to the season! 
    Great post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have just lost to 2 very much in form teams….. it’s how we do against the likes of Wimbledon and gills that will have us relegated 
  • Options
    Jackson and his 352 need to go.
    No wonder we can't buy The Valley - the wage bill alone must be enormous.
  • Options
    I’m not sure it is. Personally I think the team who finished 13th in L1 in 10-11 and the one who finished 24th in Champ in 08-09 we’re possibly worse. 

Have to skip back to the 70s then for a next possible contender I reckon. 
    Ah yes, the days of Roger Smart, Paul Davies, Ray Tumbridge and Bobby Goldthorpe!  Then there was Lawrie Madden and Peter Shaw, Leroy Ambrose and little Johnny Harrison...

We may be poor right now but we aren't that bad...

The season will be defined by our last ten games, and hopefully we will have a striker or two back by then?
  • Options
    We have just lost to 2 very much in form teams….. it’s how we do against the likes of Wimbledon and gills that will have us relegated 
    We wont get relegated. We will pick up a few points here & there once Washington is back & the bottom 4 are not going on a run ala Burton last season. 

However, I agree that this is a poor team lead by another manager who is stubborn enough to get sacked rather than change his formation & tactics. Not the worst team I've seen but very close. 

I feel it's time for Gallen to go. As a pp said, for all the Cullen, Bieliks & Gallagher's there are the Smiths, Smyths & John's (yes, that supposedly young Spurs lad who's not yet made the team). The jury's out on Jacko but if he doesnt turn it around soon he'll have to join Gallen out the door.  
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    So you saw more strikes on target than on the pitch?

Probably more like this!

Tyson Fury lands a thudding uppercut

• Options
    If you don't score goals, you don't win football matches!
    This team is defeated before it even steps onto the pitch!
    Yes, we all know that they all should be battling their hearts out for a nil nil, but not only do we not have a striker, we also don't have a leader on the pitch.
    We should be asking, how can it be that our entire strike force is out injured at the same time?
    It cannot always just be bad luck !
  • Options
    If you don't score goals, you don't win football matches!
    This team is defeated before it even steps onto the pitch!
    Yes, we all know that they all should be battling their hearts out for a nil nil, but not only do we not have a striker, we also don't have a leader on the pitch.
    We should be asking, how can it be that our entire strike force is out injured at the same time?
    It cannot always just be bad luck !
    Bang on mate as usual...good to see you.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    78 team was worse.
    79 and 80 was pretty bad when we got relegated to Div3, but at least that was followed by a good promotion season back to Div2 (80-81).
  • Options
    78 team was worse.
    79 and 80 was pretty bad when we got relegated to Div3, but at least that was followed by a good promotion season back to Div2 (80-81).
    Indeed went to most of the games that season too.