Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Petrol Prices .. February 24/2/2022

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Oil doesn’t stay in the ground or fuel in forecourt takes either. 
    It’s a delicate process of shipping and sale. 

My advice is try to use less then “top up, don’t fill up”
    Leave them with it - and watch the price tumble as they have to get rid of it (because they’ve already bought it in advance), and the punters won’t buy it at top price. 
    But surely if you put in 20 litres a fortnight but change it to 10 litres a week you are still using the same amount 
    an eccentric friend of mine always keeps a very low volume of diesel in his car, on the basis that hauling less weight will keep his m p litre/gallon as high as possible. Surprisingly, to my knowledge he's yet to run out of fuel in the middle of a journey
    I rarely fill up more than half a tank for that reason. Probably only saves me a few pence though.
    If you are making an extra unnecessary trip to gas up, you are probably using more that way. Cars use way more fuel when cold. My car is only doing around 8mpg when cold, rather than the usual 25-28 mpg when up to temperature.
  • Options
    Couldn’t find any diesel in Truro this morning.
    Nor could I, although I was in Clapham. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    2 petrol stations almost opposite each other in Bearsted. One is approx. 5p more per litre for both petrol and diesel. No idea why!
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Oil doesn’t stay in the ground or fuel in forecourt takes either. 
    It’s a delicate process of shipping and sale. 

My advice is try to use less then “top up, don’t fill up”
    Leave them with it - and watch the price tumble as they have to get rid of it (because they’ve already bought it in advance), and the punters won’t buy it at top price. 
    But surely if you put in 20 litres a fortnight but change it to 10 litres a week you are still using the same amount 
    an eccentric friend of mine always keeps a very low volume of diesel in his car, on the basis that hauling less weight will keep his m p litre/gallon as high as possible. Surprisingly, to my knowledge he's yet to run out of fuel in the middle of a journey
    I rarely fill up more than half a tank for that reason. Probably only saves me a few pence though.
    If you are making an extra unnecessary trip to gas up, you are probably using more that way. Cars use way more fuel when cold. My car is only doing around 8mpg when cold, rather than the usual 25-28 mpg when up to temperature.
    Do you drive a tank?
  • Options
    local prices, petrol and diesel all up by around 5p a litre in the last 2 days
  • Options
    Up 20p this week at the BP garages. Now £1.67 for petrol, £1.78 for diesel. 
  • Options
    ouch !!!! .. my post reflects supermarket prices .. Tesco & Morrisons
  • Options
    97p during the first lockdown!
  • Options
    Shell petrol station in Bearsted, Maidstone £1.67 for unleaded and £1.79 for diesel.
  • Options
    petrol is 1.43 at Costco if you have a membership card. Best price I’ve seen in Essex, beat my local area by 10p+ a litre. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jdredsox said:
    petrol is 1.43 at Costco if you have a membership card. Best price I’ve seen in Essex, beat my local area by 10p+ a litre. 
    just shows what can be done .. how much is the yearly membership ? .. there is not a Costco anywhere near me, nearest ones are Sheffield and Nottingham .. answer my own question, depends on status,  anything from  .. £26.40 to £74.40
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Any excuse here to put up fuel.....its gone from $1.70 for 98 octane to $2.25......once upon a time fuel here was half the price of the UK. Not so long ago you could buy a litre of 91 octane for 90cents....not anymore.
    It’s around the $NZ3 mark here Tel for 91 but reading the posts on here re UK prices perhaps that’s not too out of line.  All depends on rate of the $NZ among other things.
  • Options
    Shell petrol station in Bearsted, Maidstone £1.67 for unleaded and £1.79 for diesel.
    That's insane.

I bought diesel yesterday at ASDA in Borehamwood for 153.9. My local Co-op at lunchtime today was 159.9. We drive past it again this evening on the way home from the game & it's now 162.9. An increase of 3p in under 6 hours. Never known a forecourt to put up prices during the day. 
  • Options
    That's insane.

I bought diesel yesterday at ASDA in Borehamwood for 153.9. My local Co-op at lunchtime today was 159.9. We drive past it again this evening on the way home from the game & it's now 162.9. An increase of 3p in under 6 hours. Never known a forecourt to put up prices during the day. 
    It is insane because there is a Tesco Express Esso station opposite, which is usually lower, not sure what it was today.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    £1.72 In Halifax for diesel.
  • Options
    This post got two Likes. So, which two of you live where the petrol is even more expensive?
  • Options
    Oil will soon be $120 dollars a barrel and will continue to rise after that. We’re in for massive inflation. 
  • Options
    Hayes high street.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Petrol in N Dorset 155.9
  • Options
    Yesterday BP in Dulwich lordship Lane was 179.9, the esso round the corner was 156.9, I don't think I've ever seen such a gap between a couple garages close to each other
  • Options
    Seen on Facebook that Shell station in Bearsted was 1.79 at 5.20 last night, by 11.45 pm it was 1.90 and this morning is 1.93. These prices are frightening.
  • Options
    I read shell continue to buy Russian oil. So boycotting them. 
  • Options
    Correction  I've just checked and Shell Station charging 1.80 and Tesco Express Esso opposite is 1.64. Why would people pay 1.80 when station on opposite side of road is 16p less.
  • Options
    Wow... thats crazy, really hope that people use the Petrol Prices app that has already been mentioned on here

Failing that, there is the website version: the Asda round me says: 150.9 for unleaded and 154.9 for diesel

https://www.petrolprices.com/
  • Options
    Wow... thats crazy, really hope that people use the Petrol Prices app that has already been mentioned on here

Failing that, there is the website version: the Asda round me says: 150.9 for unleaded and 154.9 for diesel

Also, if you have the app waze you can also see petrol prices on there as well, although I don't think they are always as up to date as pp, but always useful to have a 2nd option
  • Options

Also, if you have the app waze you can also see petrol prices on there as well, although I don't think they are always as up to date as pp, but always useful to have a 2nd option
    Cheers I've got the Waze app downloaded on my phone, but still tend to use Google Maps for navigation.

Habit
  • Options
    edited March 2022

the prices quoted for fuel around here at least are a couple/three days behind .. so the app is not quite so accurate or reliable as I at first thought
  • Options
    c$203.9/L here in Vancouver (£1.20/litre) which is a record high, and everyone is going crazy.

Thankfully I live near the US border. Gas in Washington state currently 76p/litre.