Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Petrol Prices .. February 24/2/2022

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Driving down to Portland, OR tonight where petrol works out at 95p/litre.

What crisis?
  • Options
    Got home this evening to humid Swanley to find diesel at 186.9. Thats 3p cheaper than anything we saw in Cornwall. 

Crisis.....what crisis. 
  • Options
    Filled up for 96p/litre in Washington State yesterday.

Crisis over
  • Options

The RAC said at the start of the week, the average petrol price at the big four supermarkets, Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's and Morrisons, was £174.4 per litre. Diesel was £1.86

Meanwhile the average for the delivered wholesale petrol price last week was £1.24, while diesel was £1.38.

After factoring in VAT, fuel duty and a "generous" retailer margin of 10p per litre, the RAC said "forecourts should soon be selling unleaded for no more than £1.62"

• Options
    MrWalker said:

The RAC said at the start of the week, the average petrol price at the big four supermarkets, Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's and Morrisons, was £174.4 per litre. Diesel was £1.86

Meanwhile the average for the delivered wholesale petrol price last week was £1.24, while diesel was £1.38.

After factoring in VAT, fuel duty and a "generous" retailer margin of 10p per litre, the RAC said "forecourts should soon be selling unleaded for no more than £1.62"

So with a modest retailer margin of 5p, we could be looking at £1.56 for petrol (I have included the VAT effect). Let's see...
  • Options
    I am sure it's the same everywhere .. petrol and diesel prices around here have gone up around 10 to 15 pence a litre in the past month and they are still climbing 
  • Options
    I am sure it's the same everywhere .. petrol and diesel prices around here have gone up around 10 to 15 pence a litre in the past month and they are still climbing 
    Yep. Do we know why ?
  • Options
    All of the sudden, deisel jumps 10p ahead of unleaded!!!!

Thanks Putin you rancid cock gobbler...
  • Options
    Just back from Corfu....2.05-2.10e a litre, (95).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Filled up with diesel yesterday in advance of driving to the lake district tomorrow - £109. And that was the cheapest place within five miles
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Filled up with diesel yesterday in advance of driving to the lake district tomorrow - £109. And that was the cheapest place within five miles
    BUT, how big is your tank (I know, no time to be flippant !)
  • Options
    Fair question, I think I put 68.5 litres in. Tank is 72 but I don't like letting it go too low.
    That will get me 1100 miles if I'm easy on the gas though
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    God bless the diesel engine

I drive a 5.7l V8 petrol and get 200 miles to the tank.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Fair question, I think I put 68.5 litres in. Tank is 72 but I don't like letting it go too low.
    That will get me 1100 miles if I'm easy on the gas though
    so, just over £1.59 per litre, £7.23 circa per gallon .. ouch !!
  • Options
    And the oil price is still rising...

The tax take on the £7.23 is about £3.61 if my sums are right, so just about 50%

• Options
    I paid £1.90/L at Esso, Stafford services this week. Was travelling back from Liverpool so there wasn't much I could do.

Down at Newport Pagnell there was less price gouging. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    I paid £1.90/L at Esso, Stafford services this week. Was travelling back from Liverpool so there wasn't much I could do.

rule number one .. NEVER buy at MotorWay services, unless of course you just have to
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

rule number one .. NEVER buy at MotorWay services, unless of course you just have to
    Yeah I have a motorbike so there's not much else I can do on long trips. Still better than filling up a car's tank, mind. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Pull off at any junction & there will be a town within 3 miles with normal prices. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Just back from France, was paying about 1.95 euro for a litre of diesel (off the motorways).
  • Options
    It’s predicted 91 petrol will hit $NZ3.50 a litre by Christmas.  That’s £1.69