Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football For A Fiver returns for Burton fixture

Comments

• Options
    Master plan. Give loads of freebies and cheap tickets away whilst we are rubbish. Season ticket holders don't renew next season.  

Then spend loads in the summer window so we blow our way through the leagues whilst making every seat £100 a game and no freebies.

Loads of money rolling in.

Clever strategy.  I like it.
  • Options
    It will make the "due to market conditions, we have been forced to raise season ticket prices" announcement even sweeter!
  • Options
    Another battle to sit in my seat.
  • Options
    Master plan. Give loads of freebies and cheap tickets away whilst we are rubbish. Season ticket holders don't renew next season.  

Then spend loads in the summer window so we blow our way through the leagues whilst making every seat £100 a game and no freebies.

Loads of money rolling in.

Clever strategy.  I like it.
    Bizarrely, I was just thinking that !!
    past offers are no guarantee of future ones !!
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Season is over, trying to get as much money in as possible, no one is going to want to pay to watch us so may as well flog the empty seats for cheap and it also Increases the likelihood that some may get a season ticket next year? Some of you lot need to stop crying about it (I have a season ticket ) 
    It's been going in since November, what was the excuse then ? 
  • Options
    Mate of mine works at a school in Leatherhead and they've had another dump of free tickets for both the Sunderland and Gills game.

Seems a waste to give tickets to a school so far from our catchment area?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    The club has employed a company to issue as many free tickets as possible. Since they won’t have the connections or detailed understanding that those who did it in the past have, I expect they will just dump them wherever they can and to contacts they already have.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Mate of mine works at a school in Leatherhead and they've had another dump of free tickets for both the Sunderland and Gills game.

Indeed, Croydon.

What the club don't take into account is the cost of travelling to & from The Valley even though tickets are free. 

And, as far as the Gills match is concerned, the fact that kids have to get home & get up for school the next day. 

Utter madness. 
    Doing it for games on Tuesday night too. School nights for kids.
  • Options
    UEAAddick said:
    Croydon said:

Indeed, Croydon.

What the club don't take into account is the cost of travelling to & from The Valley even though tickets are free. 

And, as far as the Gills match is concerned, the fact that kids have to get home & get up for school the next day. 

Utter madness. 
    Whilst a valid point on the ability to take up the offer on a Tuesday my frustration is more the EFL not scheduling games during the half term just gone. That is equally poor planning. 
  • Options
    UEAAddick said:
    Croydon said:

Indeed, Croydon.

Utter madness. 
    Whilst a valid point on the ability to take up the offer on a Tuesday my frustration is more the EFL not scheduling games during the half term just gone. That is equally poor planning. 
    Tbh it's really not the efls priority to put on night games at half term. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    UEAAddick said:
    Croydon said:

Indeed, Croydon.

Utter madness. 
    Why not ? I see that as a wholly sensible strategy rather than have a round of mid week games after half term. 
  • Options
    I said in the summer and now looking at the tickets thing, that he is trying way to hard to please people, but you can try to please people too much and trying hard doesn't mean you are always doing a good job.
  • Options
    The club has employed a company to issue as many free tickets as possible. Since they won’t have the connections or detailed understanding that those who did it in the past have, I expect they will just dump them wherever they can and to contacts they already have.
    and then when someone wants to genuinely hand over cash a few days before the game to buy a ticket they can't because it's 'sold out'. Seriously, what genius is behind this idea?
  • Options
    and then when someone wants to genuinely hand over cash a few days before the game to buy a ticket they can't because it's 'sold out'. Seriously, what genius is behind this idea?
    I don't believe it has any support among the staff.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    shine166 said:
    UEAAddick said:
    Croydon said:

Indeed, Croydon.

Utter madness. 
    Why not ? I see that as a wholly sensible strategy rather than have a round of mid week games after half term. 
    They run football leagues, not children's entertainment :). I guess it would be sensible, but so would having teams play locally on boxing day
  • Options
    And there's the problem. How do you expect to build up trust with your team if you don't take on board their views and concerns, both now and in future.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    UEAAddick said:
    And there's the problem. How do you expect to build up trust with your team if you don't take on board their views and concerns, both now and in future.
    Or its a deliberate thing to try these different approaches to see if the success rates are going to be different now and also to prove (disprove) the long held beliefs / knowledge of staff. Then it becomes a current fact and less of an assumption.

As long as it informs season ticket & match day pricing for next season that is what is most important going forward.
  • Options
    I absolutely cannot stand these games.
  • Options
    UEAAddick said:
    Or its a deliberate thing to try these different approaches to see if the success rates are going to be different now and also to prove (disprove) the long held beliefs / knowledge of staff. Then it becomes a current fact and less of an assumption.

As long as it informs season ticket & match day pricing for next season that is what is most important going forward.
    That's a very expensive way and trying to boost ticket sales (via a method which will not work).  Just use the knowledge of the supporters (as well as staff) in a productive manner, there are supporters ready to help
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Hey, Thomas ... here's an idea (free at the moment, but I might need to charge for others in the future).

Why not give away free season tickets for 2022/23 on the understanding that we pay for any matches where we use them?

Regular games would be charged at the usual (Season Ticket cost)/23 rate ... whereas promotional games (eg Football for a Fiver, Kids for a Quid, Bring your Great Aunt for free) would incur the featured charge.

Fans could be billed at the end of the season, or (for those of us with the Club at heart) we may wish to build up some credit from which the overall costs could be deducted.  Either way, everyone wins.

No?  Oh, OK.

It was worth a try.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    UEAAddick said:

That doesn't come across as a good idea though. More hit and hope that it may work and when it does the rest will be history. A good example is in a previous job I worked in was trying all different ideas and events to get more people into the place before they had built up a big enough base of customers. Every idea was gone within a week or so before being replaced by a new idea, that also didn't work. It was hit and hope approach. Trying new things is important but as long as there is a reality behind it.
  • Options
    Another battle to sit in my seat.
    Lower seat, lower bottom till hits seat, relax.
  • Options
    UEAAddick said:
    UEAAddick said:

That doesn't come across as a good idea though. More hit and hope that it may work and when it does the rest will be history. A good example is in a previous job I worked in was trying all different ideas and events to get more people into the place before they had built up a big enough base of customers. Every idea was gone within a week or so before being replaced by a new idea, that also didn't work. It was hit and hope approach. Trying new things is important but as long as there is a reality behind it.
    Yep. Not supporting what happened just venturing a  possible explanation.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Probably controversial, but if you can charge over 65s £299 for NU, why can't that be a flat rate ? (as an example). What happens if 15000 oaps suddenly  want a ST ? Is there a cap ? I obviously support people having seats as cheap as possible, but do.we presume that 65 and over are skint? 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Probably controversial, but if you can charge over 65s £299 for NU, why can't that be a flat rate ? (as an example). What happens if 15000 oaps suddenly  want a ST ? Is there a cap ? I obviously support people having seats as cheap as possible, but do.we presume that 65 and over are skint? 
    You can charge any price you like, to be honest, but it seems sensible to essay some kind of logic and progression of value, without over complicating matters.

What you won’t do is change the number of people interested in committing to a season of mediocre football simply by using price.

Similarly, price won’t transform the number of OAPs into a much more significant proportion of fans, especially behind the goal.

Has anyone seen the matchday pricing charts in the toilets, by the way? If the club needed to understand just how absurd its pricing structure has become you just need to look at the level of differentiation - sheer number of options - for a plastic seat facing the same football match, essentially the same product from a different angle. It’s crazy. 

Yeah tbh that's more what I was getting at. Each stand has a few (or a lot) price points and then you multiply that X3 for overs/under, disabled overs/unders and then everyone else.