Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football For A Fiver returns for Burton fixture

13»

Comments

• Options
    I don’t mind these games and am fairly pro free tickets to fill the Valley. I am a ST holder and am not upset by the effect on its value BUT

We are getting people in to watch utter tripe. 
    Long ball up to missing forwards, gets headed by the oppo to start a move. We intercept and pass it back to the keeper and so it goes on until they score. 
    Any set pieces in the attacking half are played sideways and backwards. 
    It’s unwatchable. 
    I know some private footy statisticians - who use an “ooh and ah” analysis to work out real goal chances. 
    Not much to analyse in our case. 
  • Options
    Another battle to sit in my seat.
    Lower seat, lower bottom till hits seat, relax.
    Probably be sitting on someone's lap.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Because of the other inconveniences associated with going to the football now, parking restrictions and other transport issues, the cold weather, crap overpriced food and drink, not to mention the piss poor performances and team, I think they would have to pay much more than £5 a game to get people to go.
  • Options
    A few games ago two guys and their kids from the same football club were given free tickets with the same seat numbers on them. There was utter confusion.
    I was sure one of them had the wrong row so they showed me the tickets.
  • Options
    It is certainly diluting buying a season ticket. I decided not to renew this season and just pick my games and pay per ticket, glad I did now with the amount of offers and freebies flying about.
    This for me next season
  • Options
    Excellent post. Said it before but not so eloquently. The club is taking the mickey out of us long term St holders. 
  • Options
    Another battle to sit in my seat.
    Lower seat, lower bottom till hits seat, relax.
    Probably be sitting on someone's lap.
    Whatever turns you on I suppose.
  • Options
    The lowest attendance for a football for a fiver game at the Valley 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Given the gate, the £5 offer probably had zero impact on attracting fans to go yesterday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Given the gate, the £5 offer probably had zero impact on attracting fans to go yesterday.
    Loads of new faces around me in L block of the covered end yesterday. What's alarming is how many of the regular ST holders who I haven't seen for weeks.

Let's just hope they've given up on this season and not given up completely
  • Options
    StAlf198 said:
    I didn't go yesterday as I played golf instead. I'm a season ticket holder in the AC stand. The last three games I have taken my nephews to the game. Unbenown to me one of them made his own way to the valley yesterday with a school mate from Maidstone. The fact that it was a fiver made it affordable for him as a 16 year old. So maybe at least one youngster has got the Charlton bug as the result of my indoctrination and cheap tickets!
    That’s really good to hear
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Croydon said:
    shirty5 said:
    Loads of new faces around me in L block of the covered end yesterday. What's alarming is how many of the regular ST holders who I haven't seen for weeks.

Let's just hope they've given up on this season and not given up completely
    I realised yesterday that I've not been since Feb 5th and April 2nd/15th will be my next and final games. Given the amount I've bothered this season and the amount of offers that have been available.. I won't be getting a ST next year. Il probably just pick a game every 6 or so weeks and do that instead. 

Hopefully freebies go to the database next season and not to randoms. If they can email you to see why you've not attended, they can find a way to send ex ST holders a pair of tickets twice a year. 
  • Options
    I had football for a fiver fans in front of me, to the right of me and behind me.
    I have just been pinged to say one of them had Covid....
    I wasn't near anyone else for 15 minutes that day.
  • Options
    Anyone have any idea if we’re doing one this season ?