Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Burton Albion | Saturday 19th March 2022 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Is there a duller fixture than Burton at home? 
  • Options
    Their right back is 34 so I would have BT starting.
    Sam Hughes is a young centre back (24) on loan from Leicester, out of contract this summer and looks quite good.

I would go with:-
               Big Mac
      Clair.  Lavelle.  Famewo. 
    Jay. Gilbey. Dobbo. Fraser. B-T
            Stockley.  Washington. 
  • Options
    this is the performance we have been waiting for

3-0 to the Addicks
  • Options
    Good preview as ever, FA.

Completely unchanged this weekend bar the possibility of Morgan and Famewo coming into the squad.

CBT came through with no issues so he starts.

I also liked the interchange between Matthews and Clare. Something Jackson will be looking for next season more often with the outside centre backs pushing on into midfield, the wing backs not only have to be attacking, but able to slot into that swivel role if needed. Challenging but will be interesting.

Burton upgraded their strikers recently as they let Hemings go to League Two and got in Niasse. The former Everton forward is class at this level, already scoring 3 goals since he signed at the back end of February. Why did we not look at picking him up when we had all these injuries?! Will be a challenge to Lavelle.

Charlton continue to go undefeated when Washington and Stockley start up front together. Stockley sealing the birth of his 3rd child with a goal.

Charlton Athletic 2-1 Burton Albion
    Fraser (assisted by Washington)
    Stockley (assisted by Gilbey)

Niasse
  • Options
    Dreaming of 6 points from 2 home games in a week, let's hope the sold out valley gets a treat, 3-0.
  • Options
    Hope REf Rebecca makes a good show of it tomorrow, I wish her well, she will probably be fitter than some of the players on show!
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    A win would be nice. As the weather is looking good, I might venture down to the Valley. Will be the first time since last November … COYR
    You know it makes sense, MrDick ! 

You would say that. You two would make a good match 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Me & Golfie Jnr both have Covid so will be missing this one. Not often one of the clan misses a home match - Northampton when we won 4-1 about 4 years ago I've been reliably informed. 

I can see a couple of changes as I dont think Jacko will be risking CBT and/or Washington after both playing on Tues. 

Think Niasse will score - fancy missing out on a class striker when we were relying on Burstow & Kanu a few weeks back. Our recruitment has to be a lot better in the summer.

2-2.
  • Options
    I think Washington will start with Stockley. CBT too. And I think we will win.
  • Options
    With some returning players I expect a win tomorrow to well and truly put that dreadful run behind us.
  • Options
    With some returning players I expect a win tomorrow to well and truly put that dreadful run behind us.
  • Options
    The 3 pts in midweek changes everything and probably our points total is enough to stay up. Whoopee doo!!!
    Time for a few wins against the struggling teams and those like us on the beach already. 2-0 Charlton.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Aldershot away?
  • Options

Scrappy start, good 20 minutes, goal off a stray nose or a knee, 1-0 CAFC at HT.  Hit the panic button at 65 minutes, resort to the scuff it or sky it desperation, 1-1 and a late cut inside goal 1-2 and the whole weekend will be spent reading about 352 and how Jacko can’t cut it.  I will gently refer to the (lack of) quality of the players, unrealistic expectations of this team and the disaster that is the back room including coaching, recruitment and club management, but eventually give in to the overwhelming weight of opinion.  Talking of weight, their has been a sad expansion of the usually sculpted figure that is RoanRed, so I have to admit I have been banned from watching the game by the Mrs, first time this season, who says that they seem to have been bad recently and she can’t be bothered with the bad mood.  Plus we escaped down to our place in the sunshine state and instead I am spending Saturday at the outlet mall, buying size XL’s or above, using the Demi’s Roussos theory that wearing a sack hides all……because it’s a shed load easier than losing the covid lock-in weight gain.  

Trust I am horribly wrong about the game and regret missing the match. COYR
  • Options
    The players are playing for their futures ... JJ is a couple of games from the chop. Anything less than a significant victory in this one and TS will have to fly in and make some decisions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I’m still annoyed a JFH’s refusal to celebrate when he scored for us at Stamford Bridge. It was like he was actually gutted that he scored. Was sitting with Chelsea mates, which made it even more embarrassing. 
    Hope we stuff ‘em tomorrow. 
    He was probably so stunned he could get his fat arse close enough to the ball that he forgot to celebrate.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Huddersfield v Charlton 
  • Options
    The midfield and attack is up to reasonable strength individually and as a unit. The defence less so but as long as we prioritise where we are strong, we are back in a poistion where we can win games, especially at home.
  • Options
    What'll make the game extra interesting is if he picks both CBT and Jaiyesimi to start. Not saying that he will, or even that it would necessarily be a good thing, but as @Louismend said on Charlton Life, having the mobility Clare provides in the back three gives you extra cover down the right side.
    A lot will depend on how the recently returned players recover from their exertions against the mighty Gills.
  • Options
    1 nil or 2 nil or 2-1. Let’s have a strong finish to the season 
  • Options
    Sun is shining, beautiful morning and looking forward to going to today. Rare trip to the West Stand today so will be strange not being in my usual seat.

Come on you reds!
  • Options
    I hope we start our strongest team and if they cant manage 2 games a week take note and get rid for next season
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Probably not but then again Morecambe haven't rocked up yet. They'll probably pinch the award from Burton. 
  • Options
    We're doing that typical Charlton thing of thinking Niasse would have just come here for our relegation battle if we showed more interest! Come on guys (and girls)!
  • Options
    Came to Hong Kong to avoid UK covid winter and tested positive today.

Need cheering up.