Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Burton Albion | Saturday 19th March 2022 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

13»

Comments

• Options
    Came to Hong Kong to avoid UK covid winter and tested positive today.

Need cheering up.

Bad luck.  That's a long way to go for a change of climate...
  • Options
    Came to Hong Kong to avoid UK covid winter and tested positive today.

Need cheering up.

Bad luck.  That's a long way to go for a change of climate...
    Its a long way to go to go to be under increased Chinese influence, brutal covid and lock down regulations and a general disregard for human rights and democracy, whilst enjoying a large increase in Covid cases!!  Lived there from 2000-2010 and loved it, couldn’t pay me enough to go back now.  

Are you sure you didn’t just go knowing it would make you grumpy?!

Anyway, hope you recover quickly and keep well.

• Options

I'll put the Match Thread up dreckly!

• Options
    Happy Valley

Charlton Athletic 4 Burton Albion 0

Please solve the mystery of who was the person behind Happy Valley? ( Personally I always thought he was from Hong Kong.)

Has he been arrested by Chinese Authorities (Join the Free the Happy Valley campaign)

Has he pegged out?

Lost interest?

Or given up ?

I don't blame him, I must say, recently my loyalty has been sorely tested!

I have been to Burton, one of the smallest towns I ever went to. (one big Brewery)

If we can't beat them we should give up.
  • Options
    Female ref …….. interesting 
    In other news, Boris Johnson is the new PM.
  • Options
    Me & Golfie Jnr both have Covid so will be missing this one. Not often one of the clan misses a home match - Northampton when we won 4-1 about 4 years ago I've been reliably informed. 

I can see a couple of changes as I dont think Jacko will be risking CBT and/or Washington after both playing on Tues. 

Think Niasse will score - fancy missing out on a class striker when we were relying on Burstow & Kanu a few weeks back. Our recruitment has to be a lot better in the summer.

2-2.
    Get well soon

There will be a few of us missing this through Covid. Knowing my luck I'll miss my second win in 5 days, then the team will revert to losing when I return  :D
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I don't think they have a keeper on the bench which is interesting. Kovar is their usual reserve keeper. 
  • Options
    Female ref …….. interesting 
    In other news, Boris Johnson is the new PM.
    What happened to Churchill? 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Pitch is looking glorious 

It is a wonderful looking stadium, if only we had hung around in the Prem for a few more years and had finished it!

The story of Charlton Athletic,  "Almost"

Oh! And not sold it to a yellow toothed coffin dodging Belgian miser...