Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Burton Albion | Saturday 19th March 2022

Comments

• Options
    2-0 half time, both sides are not having a good game, we are goals up from two good finishes, ref's having a quiet game, mind you, both sides not giving her too much to do., so into the second half with The Covered End to  help us over the line.. B)
  • Options
    Wimbledon winning at Cheltenham, would be a massive win for them
  • Options
    kafka said:
    Would like to Fraser do something. Let’s be honest he’s been a pretty underwhelming signing so far
    We don't pass to him though!
  • Options
    We look awful, but this is one of those games where our little bit of extra quality shows, whether it's the beautiful chip from Washington or the danger of CBT's pace allowing him to create that bit of space for a shot.

To me it's good evidence that we have far more quality than the sides around us when key players are fit. It is something of a damming indictment of where we sit in the table. 
  • Options
    I don’t mean to be dour when we are winning, but even with new players in next season, I just fail to see how this coaching set up gets the best out of them.

We look so clueless when we are in possession  it’s embarrassing. 
  • Options
    Not playing well but will always take winning 2-0 at half time. Need to improve in the second half in terms of keeping possession.

We look like we’ve been told to look for the ball over the top. Great example was Stockley near the end there, going for the direct and more difficult ball to Washington when he should have played the simple ball for CBT to run onto.
  • Options
    Great so far. I'm watching 'The unbearable lightness of being' lots of scoring here, don't fuck it up, will be back for final score. Chowwwww
    We're watching the unbearable shiteness of Charlton.
  • Options
    Only once have we played the ball on the ground down our left, where our most attacking wing back is....and we scored. Why are we always going right?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    paulfox said:
    If you can call it pattern of play, our is long ball. I’ve never been so bored at a game we are now as I write this 2-0 up in, and it’s not because we have been good. We really are terribly average at best. 
    Points are pretty much meaningless for us. Jackson-ball will only ever get us mid table next season.
    Is that what it’s called, it’s so non discript. It really does seem like eleven individuals with the rare occasion of interplay between two of them. Tepid, boring, disjointed,and to be saying our team aren’t a team with two months of a season to go says it all to me.
  • Options
    I actually lol’d at that second goal. 
  • Options
    What a peculiar half!
  • Options
    I feel bad at being negative at half time when winning 2-0 but that was dire ! I'm seeing no progress at all in terms of the football. Wtf do they coach in the week ? We just dont seem able to keep the ball on the ground.
    If this is JJ's style of play I think our marketing team might have to get Putin in to fill the valley next season.TOTAL BOREFEST 
  • Options
    I’ve been entertained but well aware it’s a worse performance than gillingham
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Get the ball to CBT has been my manta since KO. Crazy match where we have looked like a lower mid table team !.

Two good goals but Burton could and should have scored 3.

Important we have back to back wins and we win more games than we lose when Stockley and Washington play in a two up front. 
  • Options
    JFH must be dumbfounded in the Burton dressing room.

"Lads, you've done everything I asked of you. You've pressured Charlton at almost every opportunity, kept them penned back in their own half for long periods. You've been by far the better side.

But how, in the name of all that is holy, have you managed to come in 2-0 down to this shower of shite?"

Anyway, I’m feeling a bit peckish- anyone know if there’s a bakery nearby?"
    You missed a bit. Corrected for you. 😎
  • Options
    JFH must be dumbfounded in the Burton dressing room.

"Lads, you've done everything I asked of you. You've pressured Charlton at almost every opportunity, kept them penned back in their own half for long periods. You've been by far the better side.

But how, in the name of all that is holy, have you managed to come in 2-0 down to this shower of shite?"

Anyway, I’m feeling a bit peckish- anyone know if there’s a bakery nearby?"
    You missed a bit. Corrected for you. 😎
    I'm sure JFH knows the precise location of all food outlets in and around The Valley and what's served up at each, from his time here.

About the only thing he didn't locate were the goals ...
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    We’re just coming out of a horrible run of losses. I’m not completely surprised we’re not playing free flowing football. Points on the board is how you build back towards that.

Grab another goal, put this out of reach and I reckon that will come.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Chose to miss today's game - not missing much by the sound of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We’re just coming out of a horrible run of losses. I’m not completely surprised we’re not playing free flowing football.

We can but hope and dream.
  • Options
    Minto suggesting JFH is a bit overweight :D
  • Options
    JFH blaming the officials, for whatever...let's face it no one else he can point the finger at, he wants to look in the mirror for any answers... B)
  • Options
  • Options
    We’re just coming out of a horrible run of losses. I’m not completely surprised we’re not playing free flowing football. Points on the board is how you build back towards that.

Well that’s what I’m hoping, maybe JJ has set us up this way to try and grind out the wins, and make sure we are safe.

But considering all the evidence on show, pre this bad run as well, I am just not sure if it’s down to the fact we are poorly coached. 

Remember we’ve been outplayed by a league 2 and national league side this year. 
  • Options
    Deji gets booked by the referess for a foul on Stockers.

Central free kick, about 25 yards out ...
  • Options
    At least one manager is wearing his club tie. 
  • Options
    ... and the wall did its job.
  • Options
    Why can't I just enjoy half time instead of thinking about last night's Wolves v Leeds match?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    JFH blaming the officials, for whatever...let's face it no one else he can point the finger at, he wants to look in the mirror for any answers... B)
    Perhaps he thought Hamer should have been sent off  ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!