Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Burton Albion | Saturday 19th March 2022

edited March 2022 in General Charlton
Fans favourite Jimmy Hasslebigshorts returns to The Valley today bringing his competetive Burton side.
They, like us, finally got the monkey off their back last time out ending a long-ish winless run.

Jacko seems to be pleased so relieved to finally put 3 points on the table - and reckons "we're ready to kick on".
There doesn't seem to be fresh injury concerns; plus Famewo is back in contention but we won't see Chuks or Inniss.

Unchanged!

Charlton: MacGillivray; Clare, Lavelle, Purrington; Matthews, Gilbey, Dobson, Fraser, Blackett-Taylor; Stockley (c), Washington

Subs: Harness, Gunter, Famewo, Lee, Jaiyesimi, Leko, Burstow

Charlton TV pre-match round up starts at 2.15.
Scotty is accompanied by Brownie and special guest, he of the cheesestraw hamstrings fame, Danny Haynes.

COYR!

Comments

• Options
    #FootballForAFiver
    #FillTheValley

#BloodyEmpty

(OK, the turnstiles had only just opened when I came in)

• Options
    5th consecutive home game in a row that I’ve blown out.  Kinda wish I’d been more interested and gone now. 
  • Options
    Didn’t expect CBT to start, great to see along with Stockley and Washington up front.
  • Options
    Obviously the early red cards didn’t help, but Burton was the first JJ game in charge where I felt we looked quiet poor.

Be interesting to see with, what is close to a full strength side, and at home, if we can improve on that performance. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Didn’t expect CBT to start, great to see along with Stockley and Washington up front.
    Came through Tuesday fine so was always starting this weekend too. The test was how he felt after the game. Thankfully, he came through no issues.
  • Options
    It’s a good side, bar 7/10 Ben at centre half - I can’t see that working against anyone better than the Gills 
  • Options
    Fine with the starting 11. Disappointed that Morgan isn't on the bench, after Lee's dismal cameo on Tuesday. It does feel that he gets treated more harshly than others in the squad
  • Options
    Annoyed that DJ hasn't gotten the nod over Matthews, especially as he's the one with a contract next season 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Annoyed that DJ hasn't gotten the nod over Matthews, especially as he's the one with a contract next season 
    You just worry about watching Fraser
  • Options
    5th consecutive home game in a row that I’ve blown out.  Kinda wish I’d been more interested and gone now. 
    Same here apart from Sunderland game 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Good to see Danny Haynes in the studio, and watching his hi lites, certainly scored a few screamers, would love to see some of our current lot trying a few from outside the box.. B)
  • Options
    Hope Matthews isn’t weedeling his way into the long term plans. 
  • Options
  • Options
    A shame Haynes had his injury issues, as he was a very good player
  • Options
    Fine with the starting 11. Disappointed that Morgan isn't on the bench, after Lee's dismal cameo on Tuesday. It does feel that he gets treated more harshly than others in the squad
    Can I propose that we ban any discussions on the "Albie" topic until the season is over ? I'm pretty sure during the downtime there will be plenty of opportunities to discuss whether he should have ANOTHER 90 odd games to come good 😂😳😂
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Like the sound of Danny, he comes over a a level headed guy, understand him when he said he  would be backing Ipswich to go up...but against us end of season :( ...of course Ipswich was his first pro club after being released by us,,yes another one!!..as a 16 year old.. B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    That's not how Jacko sets up, though.

Remember 1 attacking WB, 1 defensive WB.

There's CBT as the attacking WB, so Matthews as the defensive WB  ..... and Matthews also to drop back into RCB to cover Clare to overlap and get forward.
    DJ will be cover for CBT.

• Options
    57 Swedish Addicks is impressive
  • Options
    Mancienne. Now there’s a promising career that never materialised. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    It’s a good side, bar 7/10 Ben at centre half - I can’t see that working against anyone better than the Gills 

If Purrington puts in a 7/10 performance at centre half i'll be happy.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Emptiest football for a fiver ever?
  • Options
    Warm-ups are in the bag Kick-off is right around the corner…
    imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Emptiest football for a fiver ever?
    Pretty sure I'm not the only one watching from home with Covid tbh, Omicron 2 is a thing 
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!