Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Doncaster Rovers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 26th March 2022

Comments

• Options
    Picture gone again
  • Options
    Audio & video back 
  • Options

45+2 Barlow booked for a foul on CBT. #drfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Close & reopen your streams 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Awful penalty. That's why Connor isn't good enough for a promotion push, squad player at best 
    He's our top scorer in the League? - Look at the rest first perhaps 
    Top scorer in our worst ever team. He's  not good enough to lead a top 2 push. I don't see how that's a controversial opinion 

Just scuffed a sitter too
    The form when we've had Stockley and Washington as a centre forward pairing says otherwise
    Top 2 form? No didn't think so
    1.92ppg when they both start. (88pts)

0.88ppg when they don’t. (41pts)

Stockley and Washington aren’t the problem with this team.
    Of course we would have done the double over Wigan and MK Dons and Oxford if they had played every game.  Meaningless stat without context. 
    I can dig up some context around league position of our opponents for each game later post match but we’ve played 26 games this year without them and only got 23 points.

Only 12 games with them both starting has honestly been our downfall. Is 1.92ppg realistic across 46 games? Probably not but they would at least have us in the top six.
    Based on the last 2/3 performances you think you're watching a top 6 side? Honestly? 
    Flip it on it’s head. Six points from three games while not playing very well… 
    When's the last time we played well? 

Played 14th, 21st and today against 23rd with Stockley and Washington. We don't look above these teams, today is probably the only one I'd say we were 'better' than them. 
  • Options
    refreshed and all ok
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    If your stream cut out REFRESH your browser page or exit out of the live stream in the app then reopen it. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Stream has cut out again. 

From what I've seen and been reading here it sounds like we should be about 18-0 up. 
    Not being one to exagerate myself :smile:  ....... but maybe 3-0

• Options
    Coms ahead of picture now
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Awful penalty. That's why Connor isn't good enough for a promotion push, squad player at best 
    Top scorer in our worst ever team. He's  not good enough to lead a top 2 push. I don't see how that's a controversial opinion 

The form when we've had Stockley and Washington as a centre forward pairing says otherwise

Of course we would have done the double over Wigan and MK Dons and Oxford if they had played every game.  Meaningless stat without context. 
    I can dig up some context around league position of our opponents for each game later post match but we’ve played 26 games this year without them and only got 23 points.

Only having 12 games with them both starting has honestly been our downfall. Is 1.92ppg realistic across 46 games? Probably not but they would at least have us in the top six.

With how bad the midfield and defence has been without them, I’d argue our focus should be in those areas because Stockley and Washington are one of the best striker combos at this level.
    If Stockley & Washington had started every game we would still not be in the top 6 as we dont have the quakuty of players to supply them. Midfield is too weak & only winger worth his salt is CBT and also not enough aerial crosses for Stockley to attack. 

Happy to keep Washington for next season but neither him or Stockley are good enough to get us promotion as a front two. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SSN: Long throw, Stockley flicks on but CB-T cannot get to the header
  • Options
    Jamie Mackie telling us it’s all Charlton. Almost setting it up for a Donny win.
  • Options
    And I see from Sky another chance goes a begging. 
  • Options
    0-0 comfortably better side.
  • Options
    Which will come first?  Our opening goal or Crawley getting out?
  • Options
    How did we not score there?
  • Options
    Refreshed and now have our commentary
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

Only having 12 games with them both starting has honestly been our downfall. Is 1.92ppg realistic across 46 games? Probably not but they would at least have us in the top six.

With how bad the midfield and defence has been without them, I’d argue our focus should be in those areas because Stockley and Washington are one of the best striker combos at this level.
    Spot on. We definitely need 'another Washington' next season aswell. The issue this season hasn't been the strikerforce, it's been the fact we've not had any decent cover for either when they've been missing. If we had two Washingtons, Stockley and Aneke I think we'd have the best set of strikers in the division. 
  • Options
    HT.
    The picture unfroze, then came back with the commentary ahead of the pictures.
    You can't go back to ambient sound only. It has to be pictures with no sound. 
  • Options
    HT 0-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

If Stockley & Washington had started every game we would still not be in the top 6 as we dont have the quakuty of players to supply them. Midfield is too weak & only winger worth his salt is CBT and also not enough aerial crosses for Stockley to attack. 

Happy to keep Washington for next season but neither him or Stockley are good enough to get us promotion as a front two. 
    It's the Third Division, Golfie. Every team is shit

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    SDAddick said:
    Stream has cut out again. 

From what I've seen and been reading here it sounds like we should be about 18-0 up. 
    Not being one to exagerate myself :smile:  ....... but maybe 3-0

Split the difference call it nine
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

This team is much better with them in it.  No one has said other wise. 

Is it good enough is the question. 
    I think you add a couple of midfielders, a couple of centre backs and dynamic wing backs (maybe a keeper to push the boat out) and we have the makings of a team that is good enough.
    Will still need another striker anyway and we should be aiming for one better than the ones we have got.

I dont think that's controversial. 
  • Options
    HT - 0-0
  • Options
    So Scott and co saw nothing as well? This will be good HT analysis from them  :D
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

I want us to bring one, ideally two strikers (given Aneke’s fitness issues). With a stronger team behind them and proper competition for their places they’re both good enough to play their part in a promotion side.
  • Options
    Donny are absolutely dreadful. Ours for the taking 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

Only 12 games with them both starting has honestly been our downfall. Is 1.92ppg realistic across 46 games? Probably not but they would at least have us in the top six.
    Based on the last 2/3 performances you think you're watching a top 6 side? Honestly? 
    Flip it on it’s head. Six points from three games while not playing very well… 
    When's the last time we played well? 

Played 14th, 21st and today against 23rd with Stockley and Washington. We don't look above these teams, today is probably the only one I'd say we were 'better' than them. 
    Hey, mate .... put a sock in it. We know we're crap. But we don't need you to keep moaning about it  every 5 minutes all through the thread.

• Options
    Gutted, the one time we play free flowing football and no one could watch it.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!