Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Doncaster Rovers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 26th March 2022

Comments

• Options
    I reckon we are watching the Donny TV stream here judging by the adverts on screen 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Actually quite like it without the commentary, feels more like being there!
    Siddown!
  • Options
    Clare getting into the box as an overlapping centre back
  • Options
    Their keeper looks dodgy
  • Options

40' Sean Clare goes for goal from 20 yards with Jonathan Mitchell getting behind the effort and holding at the second attempt #DRFC #CAFC
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Clare getting into the box as an overlapping centre back
    And just now drove forward and shot from long range. A sign of what’s to come in our title winning season next year.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Awful penalty. That's why Connor isn't good enough for a promotion push, squad player at best 
    He's our top scorer in the League? - Look at the rest first perhaps 
    Top scorer in our worst ever team. He's  not good enough to lead a top 2 push. I don't see how that's a controversial opinion 

Just scuffed a sitter too
    The form when we've had Stockley and Washington as a centre forward pairing says otherwise
    Top 2 form? No didn't think so
    1.92ppg when they both start. (88pts)

0.88ppg when they don’t. (41pts)

Stockley and Washington aren’t the problem with this team.
    Of course we would have done the double over Wigan and MK Dons and Oxford if they had played every game.  Meaningless stat without context. 
    I can dig up some context around league position of our opponents for each game later post match but we’ve played 26 games this year without them and only got 23 points.

Only having 12 games with them both starting has honestly been our downfall. Is 1.92ppg realistic across 46 games? Probably not but they would at least have us in the top six.

With how bad the midfield and defence has been without them, I’d argue our focus should be in those areas because Stockley and Washington are one of the best striker combos at this level.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Their keeper looks dodgy
    Dunno... Doesnt do bad from 12-yards ;) 
  • Options
    Still think these black kits are really cool. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Massives 1-1 Cheltenham
    Ipswich1-0 Plymouth
  • Options

42' Big chance for Rovers. Aidan Barlow chips in a cross from the right which Ben Jackson meets with an acrobatic side-foot, only to see it blocked by Sean Clare #DRFC #CAFC
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Awful penalty. That's why Connor isn't good enough for a promotion push, squad player at best 
    Top scorer in our worst ever team. He's  not good enough to lead a top 2 push. I don't see how that's a controversial opinion 

The form when we've had Stockley and Washington as a centre forward pairing says otherwise

Of course we would have done the double over Wigan and MK Dons and Oxford if they had played every game.  Meaningless stat without context. 
    I can dig up some context around league position of our opponents for each game later post match but we’ve played 26 games this year without them and only got 23 points.

Only 12 games with them both starting has honestly been our downfall. Is 1.92ppg realistic across 46 games? Probably not but they would at least have us in the top six.
    Based on the last 2/3 performances you think you're watching a top 6 side? Honestly? 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

Only 12 games with them both starting has honestly been our downfall. Is 1.92ppg realistic across 46 games? Probably not but they would at least have us in the top six.
    Based on the last 2/3 performances you think you're watching a top 6 side? Honestly? 
    You honestly think thats what he's just said?

To me Callum is saying that if Stockley / Washington had a decent team behind them, they could put us in the top six
  • Options
    CM coming out and catching a cross…
  • Options
    Feels like I'm listening to Gary Neville on this Donny stream. Really sounds like him. 
  • Options
    We look unenthusiastic to say the least.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Still think these black kits are really cool. 
    Can’t get them in the club shop at the moment. Had to make do with the 3rd away kit. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

Only having 12 games with them both starting has honestly been our downfall. Is 1.92ppg realistic across 46 games? Probably not but they would at least have us in the top six.

With how bad the midfield and defence has been without them, I’d argue our focus should be in those areas because Stockley and Washington are one of the best striker combos at this level.
    This team is much better with them in it.  No one has said other wise. 

Is it good enough is the question. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

Flip it on it’s head. Six points from three games while not playing very well… 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

Very well put. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

And if the summer transfer window had been done properly, we could and should have been.

#underachievers
  • Options

45+1 Three minutes added. #drfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

This team is much better with them in it.  No one has said other wise. 

Is it good enough is the question. 
    I think you add a couple of midfielders, a couple of centre backs and dynamic wing backs (maybe a keeper to push the boat out) and we have the makings of a team that is good enough.
  • Options
    Keeps freezing now, I assume it's not my end
  • Options
    Picture freezes
  • Options
    Anyone else’s picture gone again?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Feels like I'm listening to Gary Neville on this Donny stream. Really sounds like him. 
    Highlight of your day? :smile:

• Options
    Washington is having a mare. Think he might have his boots on the wrong feet.
  • Options
    Stream has cut out again. 

From what I've seen and been reading here it sounds like we should be about 18-0 up. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!