Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Doncaster Rovers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 26th March 2022

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Awful penalty. That's why Connor isn't good enough for a promotion push, squad player at best 
    He's our top scorer in the League? - Look at the rest first perhaps 
    Top scorer in our worst ever team. He's  not good enough to lead a top 2 push. I don't see how that's a controversial opinion 

Just scuffed a sitter too
    The form when we've had Stockley and Washington as a centre forward pairing says otherwise
    Top 2 form? No didn't think so
    1.92ppg when they both start. (88pts)

0.88ppg when they don’t. (41pts)

Stockley and Washington aren’t the problem with this team.
    Of course we would have done the double over Wigan and MK Dons and Oxford if they had played every game.  Meaningless stat without context. 
    I can dig up some context around league position of our opponents for each game later post match but we’ve played 26 games this year without them and only got 23 points.

Only having 12 games with them both starting has honestly been our downfall. Is 1.92ppg realistic across 46 games? Probably not but they would at least have us in the top six.

With how bad the midfield and defence has been without them, I’d argue our focus should be in those areas because Stockley and Washington are one of the best striker combos at this level.
    Spot on. We definitely need 'another Washington' next season aswell. The issue this season hasn't been the strikerforce, it's been the fact we've not had any decent cover for either when they've been missing. If we had two Washingtons, Stockley and Aneke I think we'd have the best set of strikers in the division. 
    Are you Thomas Sandgaard 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    First half coverage.."It's been emotional"...if only we had seen most of it, from what i did see, we should be well on the way to a 3 point haul by 4 or 5 goals, we seem to be pussy footing around like we were expecting a tough game, but in reality it is just too easy. Now come on lads get out there and start performing..
  • Options
    Thought it was a okay start, but soon reverted back to short and misdirected passing.

Reckon CBT was decent though 

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Awful penalty. That's why Connor isn't good enough for a promotion push, squad player at best 
    He's our top scorer in the League? - Look at the rest first perhaps 
    Top scorer in our worst ever team. He's  not good enough to lead a top 2 push. I don't see how that's a controversial opinion 

Just scuffed a sitter too
    The form when we've had Stockley and Washington as a centre forward pairing says otherwise
    Top 2 form? No didn't think so
    1.92ppg when they both start. (88pts)

0.88ppg when they don’t. (41pts)

Stockley and Washington aren’t the problem with this team.
    Of course we would have done the double over Wigan and MK Dons and Oxford if they had played every game.  Meaningless stat without context. 
    I can dig up some context around league position of our opponents for each game later post match but we’ve played 26 games this year without them and only got 23 points.

Only having 12 games with them both starting has honestly been our downfall. Is 1.92ppg realistic across 46 games? Probably not but they would at least have us in the top six.

With how bad the midfield and defence has been without them, I’d argue our focus should be in those areas because Stockley and Washington are one of the best striker combos at this level.
    This team is much better with them in it.  No one has said other wise. 

Is it good enough is the question. 
    I think you add a couple of midfielders, a couple of centre backs and dynamic wing backs (maybe a keeper to push the boat out) and we have the makings of a team that is good enough.
    Will still need another striker anyway and we should be aiming for one better than the ones we have got.

I dont think that's controversial. 
    All clubs should be looking to upgrade every position and if the right player is available we should be signing them. 

Personally, I will be comfortable if we bring in someone of similar calibre to compete for the shirt and ensure that our train doesn’t fly off the tracks when someone gets injured / suspended / called up.

Looking around at what might be available this summer, I’m not convinced there is better to be had in the obvious places. I saw Alfie May suggested earlier on in the match thread but I wouldn’t have him starting ahead of Jayden and Conor.

Anyone that is better than what we have is either going to have Championship interest or is someone that turns out to be a hidden gem and fans will be moaning before they see him play because he’s only scored 7 goals last season.
  • Options
    I doubt we´ve turned into peak Barce, but our game plan seems to have gone from

"Lump it to Stocks"
    to
    "Play it to CBT"

And its a whole lot better.
  • Options
    Donny .... blah blah

Credit to Adam Clayton who is managing well enough despite his age. 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Clayton

You too should know he's trying to give Donny a solid base.:wink:

• Options
    A Danish-Pakistani Addick in New Zealand? Who could this be I wonder
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Donny .... blah blah

"Donny... blah blah"

Thanks for summarising my post... I certainly waffle too much ;)
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    FYI... Washington's penalties for us:

Scored: Doncaster | Oxford | Northampton | Peterborough | Fleetwood
    Missed: Gillingham | Doncaster
    That's not a great record though. If he misses 2 out of every 7 he takes.
    About the same as Messi...
    And there the comparison ends
    no shit
    Aren’t the beards similar?
  • Options
    Love us getting fans on Charlton TV who haven't been to The Valley for 15 years  :disappointed:
    Sandgaard's master plan. 
  • Options

Teams back out. No Addicks subs at HT.

⏱HT 🔴⚪️ #drfc 0-0 #cafc ⚫️

— Louis Mendez (@LouisMend) March 26, 2022
  • Options
    Basically a Charlton Life advert this half time!
  • Options
    7 attempts 5 on target. Some very good build up play but goals not happening so far. Pretty well dominated the half. Some of the criticism on here is ridiculous. Usual suspects.
  • Options

Here come the Addicks for the second half... 45 to go!
  • Options
    Staying up until the middle of the night to NOT see the livestream...
  • Options
  • Options
    I doubt we´ve turned into peak Barce, but our game plan seems to have gone from

"Lump it to Stocks"
    to
    "Play it to CBT"

And its a whole lot better.
    Enough of that positivity in here
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great Auckland clip and we have a fan club base of 13 so far, well done one and all dedication up watching this game at 4am.. :(
  • Options
    Major said:
    7 attempts 5 on target. Some very good build up play but goals not happening so far. Pretty well dominated the half. Some of the criticism on here is ridiculous. Usual suspects.
    Tedious, isn't it. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022

Stats soo far ..... 7 shots, 5 on target, missed penalty.

Just for Golfie, of course ..... no goals. :smile:

• Options
    Come on Charlton, get a goal before England get the last wicket
  • Options
    I got an email from the club at 3:45 apologizing for the lack of pictures and saying that the pictures were back up again
  • Options

48' Close for the visitors. Jayden Stockley flicks a header just past the far post as he meets an early cross #DRFC #CAFC
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Donny .... blah blah

"Donny... blah blah"

Ha ha, Forever .... I didn't mean it quite like that! :smile:

• Options
    Wicket!

Now watch the goals fly in.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Donny .... blah blah

"Donny... blah blah"

Ha ha, Forever .... I didn't mean it quite like that! :smile:

lol! Dont worry Oggy, I constantly take the piss out of myself
  • Options
    Its the Donkley and Missington show today!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!