Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Doncaster Rovers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 26th March 2022

Comments

• Options
    Keep going lads, Connor just making you look stupid 😂

I like him, but he is not good enough to start up top for a side serious about prlm
  • Options
    We eventually partially clear, donny attack, but we clear, mistake stockley, saved on goal line, good chance it seems
  • Options

24' Big save from Jonathan Mitchell as he recovers from his own mistake. He played the ball straight to Jayden Stockley, who squared to Washington for the tap in, only for Mitchell to race back and claim on his line #DRFC #CAFC
  • Options
    Which will come first?  Our opening goal or the tenth West Indies wicket?
  • Options
    washington shot saved
  • Options
    Smith playing really well for them. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    FYI... Washington's penalties for us:

Scored: Doncaster | Oxford | Northampton | Peterborough | Fleetwood
    Missed: Gillingham | Doncaster
  • Options
    Needs 10 penalties to score one. 

Washington all over that one. 
    Are you just going to be a constant man child and lol! at posts all the time?

Because usually when I call you out, you seem to struggle to find a genuine response!!

Pathetic
    Being the top scorer in a lower midtable League One side doesn't make him a world-beater sorry. 
    Or it's not his fault we're a lower midtable club? That's a response to criticising the club, not the player. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Awful penalty. That's why Connor isn't good enough for a promotion push, squad player at best 
    He's our top scorer in the League? - Look at the rest first perhaps 
    Top scorer in our worst ever team. He's  not good enough to lead a top 2 push. I don't see how that's a controversial opinion 

Just scuffed a sitter too
    You could also argue that being top scorer in our "worst ever team" is a damn site harder than being top scorer for Liverpool or Man City. I don't think it's a controversial opinion but I think saying it because he missed a penalty was an unusually stupid post from you. 
    It's not based purely on the penalty though. Just happened to say it after he missed the pen
  • Options
    We might well pay for wastefulness.
    Injury break.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2022
    FYI... Washington's penalties for us:

Scored: Doncaster | Oxford | Northampton | Peterborough | Fleetwood
    Missed: Gillingham | Doncaster
    That's not a great record though. If he misses 2 out of every 7 he takes.
  • Options
    Yeah not Washington's day on that effort.

Stockley laid it on a plate for him. 

Some of us can see his faults and what he brings... 
  • Options
    We've had 5 shots, 3 on target, 2 corners and a penalty missed. 

25 mins gone
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Needs 10 penalties to score one. 

Washington all over that one. 
    Are you just going to be a constant man child and lol! at posts all the time?

Because usually when I call you out, you seem to struggle to find a genuine response!!

Pathetic
    Being the top scorer in a lower midtable League One side doesn't make him a world-beater sorry. 
    Or it's not his fault we're a lower midtable club? That's a response to criticising the club, not the player. 
    I would say a more clinical striker would help us move up the table. 

For example a better striker, even ignoring the pen, would have us 1-0 up based on that simple chance just now. 
  • Options
    Washo could have had an hatrick already 
  • Options
    Yeah not Washington's day on that effort.

Stockley laid it on a plate for him. 

Some of us can see his faults and what he brings... 
    Not sure it was on a plate, was behind hin.
  • Options
    This all sounds dreadful I'm thinking about going back to bed.

We should sign Washington up for next season. He offers a lot more than goals. Can't believe we're still having the "he's rubbish" debate. He's not perfect, but he's a good League One player. 
  • Options

26' Another big chance! Fraser stands up a cross for Stockley in the box, but his close-range header is caught by Mitchell. #drfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    We get a throw half way
    \matthews
    Stockley stopped, now cbt, we build, but falls to fraser, stockley heads straight at keeper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stockley header saved. We´re just not gonna score today
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Awful penalty. That's why Connor isn't good enough for a promotion push, squad player at best 
    Top scorer in our worst ever team. He's  not good enough to lead a top 2 push. I don't see how that's a controversial opinion 

You could also argue that being top scorer in our "worst ever team" is a damn site harder than being top scorer for Liverpool or Man City. I don't think it's a controversial opinion but I think saying it because he missed a penalty was an unusually stupid post from you. 
    It's not based purely on the penalty though. Just happened to say it after he missed the pen
    Fair enough, just poorly worded then because you literally said "that's why he isn't good enough". 
  • Options
    Sounds like we should be 4 up 😑
  • Options
    We are going to lose this game ain’t we. 

Should be 4-0 up. 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Washo could have had an hatrick already 
    Like I said. Needs 10 chances to score one. 

He is our top goalscorer, but his conversion record isn't good for a starting striker. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    This all sounds dreadful I'm thinking about going back to bed.

We should sign Washington up for next season. He offers a lot more than goals. Can't believe we're still having the "he's rubbish" debate. He's not perfect, but he's a good League One player. 
    THIS
  • Options
    We've been better since Washington came back, but if we can find a better striker, we should sign him. I don't think anyone would disagree with that?
  • Options
    What will happen first? Charlton score or England take the last wicket?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

The form when we've had Stockley and Washington as a centre forward pairing says otherwise
    And missing that sitter says otherwise......
  • Options
    Donny corner.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!