Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Rotherham United vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 9th April 2022

Comments

• Options
    The quality of ball into Smith each time is scary. Always causing us issues. 
    What plonker sold Smith on ?
    Roland.

Ably advised by Madame Nightmare. :neutral:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    How does Gilbey get away with being so poor, so consistently
    we like players to be consistent  :)
  • Options
    FFS thats a penalty... He had his arm around him!! 
    Agree 100%, anywhere else on the pitch a free kick, what is it with refs and the bottling job when inside the box.
    Its ironic because we all bemoan diving... Even Minto said that CBT should have gone down easier - But it'll never be removed from the game until the refs grow a pair and give those decisions 
  • Options
    This first 11 needs so much work to make it a threat next season
    2 new centre backs
    2 attacking midfielders
    1 striker
    And not reserves, which we also need, but first teamers.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Morgan has made several decent tackles and pressured play. 

Gilbey has headed the ball once and otherwise had a first person view of the game.
  • Options
    Let’s face it the midfield 2 who play in those advanced positions never look like they do much, and you should never expect them to under JJ and this system. 
  • Options
    Not much of anything really, both sides look poor. Rotherham probably trying to force it and lacking any quality, we´re solid and uninspiring. 

Give it to CBT and hit it long in behind for washington seems to be our game plan. Morgan hasnt made a difference at all like some thought he would. Would stick on John purely for shits and giggles just to see how bad/good he is.

Wouldnt be surprised to see it finish as is, 0-0, if theres a winner, it´ll be the one goal that settles it.
  • Options

Pearcey leads us out for the second half. 45 minutes to go...
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I usually agree with these, but think they've got Gilbey and Dobson's scores very wrong. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can’t see any reason why you wouldn’t give Nile John his chance second half. Gilbey and Morgan have been very poor. 
    Alright @Dazzler21 you lol’ed this but explain to me why you’d go to the expense and effort of signing John, then name him on the bench today, and then watch Morgan and Gilbey touch the ball about 5 times between them giving it away each time, and then leave them on the pitch and John on the bench? How can he actually be any worse than those two have been?
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    3 new centre backs
    3  midfielders
    2 strikers
    2 wing backs
    1 goal keeper

• Options
  • Options
    Let’s face it the midfield 2 who play in those advanced positions never look like they do much, and you should never expect them to under JJ and this system. 
    How about when they get the ball try passing it to a Charlton player
  • Options
    OK first half in the circumstances.

• Options
    I can’t see any reason why you wouldn’t give Nile John his chance second half. Gilbey and Morgan have been very poor. 
    Alright @Dazzler21 you lol’ed this but explain to me why you’d go to the expense and effort of signing John, then name him on the bench today, and then watch Morgan and Gilbey touch the ball about 5 times between them giving it away each time, and then leave them on the pitch and John on the bench? How can he actually be any worse than those two have been?
    Cos we're lumping the ball over the top of midfield it's pointless.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    2 new centre backs
    2 attacking midfielders
    1 striker
    This first 11 should count themselves lucky if they make the reserves, in the unlikely event that we're properly set up for next season... 
  • Options
    Charles Clayden has grabbed an assist for Wealdstone to make it 1-1 there - Umerah our old lad scored
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    The quality of ball into Smith each time is scary. Always causing us issues. 
    What plonker sold Smith on ?
    Roland.

Ably advised by Madame Nightmare. :neutral:

When we were a Championship club and effectively on different paths
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Why don't CBT play the simple ball, once again he tries to be cute with a ball, rather than a quick pass back to Mac, and another corner for them straight from the kick off, sometimes the simple ball is the best..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rotherham’s approach reminds me a bit of Sheffield Wednesday’s power game under Howard Wilkinson in the mid-80s. Big, strong and direct, well coached and with a clear pattern of play and game plan. Sadly, all things we lack.

Pearce and Dobson have been very good, although there are too many mediocre or downright poor performances, notably from Famewo, Gilbey and Morgan.

I can see us getting continually pinned in and we are offering very little up top. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cos we're lumping the ball over the top of midfield it's pointless.
    So what about the responsibility of the midfield to win second balls as our long balls are headed clear, or their responsibility to run beyond Stockley to try and get on flick ons, or get into the box to attack crosses? 

Even in long ball sides, midfielders have jobs to do and these two are awol. 
  • Options
    Doughty has scored for Cardiff
  • Options
    Gilbey excels himself again!!
  • Options
    1. 47'

Post update

Offside, Charlton Athletic. Akin Famewo tries a through ball, but Jayden Stockley is caught offside.

• Options
    Audio gone for anyone else?
  • Options

52' Smith heads off target for the hosts. #rufc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options

52 | Smith sends Ferguson away on the left flank. He sets himself before floating the ball back into the box, which is met by the striker and directed over. (0-0)

• Options
    I think Gilbey's having some sort of breakdown.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!