Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Morning all! I'm excited to see who our next man is through the door. I'd guess one of the Swindon players. 
  • edited June 2022
    Will garners assistant staying at Swindon stop us getting their players ?? Coincidence he was announced similar time to our first signing ?? Hopefully just a coincidence 
  • So currently in terms of first-team players we've lost (that actually featured towards the end of the season): 

Henderson > Maynard-Brewer
    Purrington
    Gunter
    Matthews
    Pearce 
    Famewo > O'Connell
    Leko > Kirk
    Lee
    Burstow > Davison
    Washington

Seems like we probably need 5/6 more players. 
    We need another 5 or 6 in terms of numbers but probably also need to replace 3 or 4 as well. 

I think the two mentioned yesterday and a loan are still possible by Friday, that would give us something to work with in Spain.

Still a hell of a lot to do but a good start. 
  • Sage said:
    Still hoping we go try to sign Lewis Hall on loan from Chelsea.

Excellent talent who can play centre back, left back, and left wing-back. Only 18 but is very comfortable and mature on the ball and can physically look after himself too.
    Never heard of him but I wouldn’t expect us to bring in loans this early.
  • Sage said:

Excellent talent who can play centre back, left back, and left wing-back. Only 18 but is very comfortable and mature on the ball and can physically look after himself too.
    Wiki says he's still only 17, but given he's played for their first team already i'd be surprised if they want him to drop down as low as league one.
  • cabbles said:
    Have a championship team come in for Gilbey yet? 
    The Staines district and one footed turning circle of a supertanker Championship 3?
  • Presume that CharltonLife going down for me was because it couldnt handle the multitude of signings we're about to make?
  • Presume that CharltonLife going down for me was because it couldnt handle the multitude of signings we're about to make?
    Same here , I think it’s the weight of expectancy.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Will garners assistant staying at Swindon stop us getting their players ?? Coincidence he was announced similar time to our first signing ?? Hopefully just a coincidence 
    I doubt it. If Garner had a personal connection/strong relationship with a player he still will, and there's the chance of proving yourself (and of course more money) in the higher division.

It might delay or stall a deal if the "new" manager wants to get a measure of his squad before letting anyone go but money talks and if we still want them, we'll get them IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    redbuttle said:
    Rylo said:
    cfgs said:
    ButtleJR said:
    No more tonight...
    Booooooo
    @ButtleJR, you are no longer my favourite poster. 
    What about Buttle snr?
    Yesterday's man, we need young hungry Buttles on the way up.
    Thanks.....
    Your probably younger than me! 
  • As the server went down some of you may has missed the news ?

Welcome to our new LB Gareth, a player in the Autumn of his career and he is no Corey Blackett-Taylor but he will revert to the position he started at as a youngster.

How green is my Valley.

• Sage said:

Wiki says he's still only 17, but given he's played for their first team already i'd be surprised if they want him to drop down as low as league one.
    Apologies, turns 18 in a couple of months or so.

He only played against Chesterfield in the FA Cup. I was at that game and he was man of the match. Outstanding young talent and one I really think we could sign if we are interested.
  • Scoham said:
    Sage said:

Never heard of him but I wouldn’t expect us to bring in loans this early.
    There will players that the middling/smaller Premier League clubs know they are going to loan out, and to which level, that won't be involved in first team preseason or the early rounds of the league Cup.

No reason you can't them now.  The ones you can't get now are the Connor Gallaghers that are involved in first team preseason or the championship ones that may or may not be up graded on by Luton.

Famewo was a good example, he was not going to play for Norwich so no reason you couldn't get him early, and we did. 
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:

He only played against Chesterfield in the FA Cup. I was at that game and he was man of the match. Outstanding young talent and one I really think we could sign if we are interested.

Chelsea might still be unhappy at the lack of game time from the last left wing back we signed from them, though the previous two did very well.
  • As the server went down some of you may has missed the news ?

Welcome to our new LB Gareth, a player in the Autumn of his career and he is no Corey Blackett-Taylor but he will revert to the position he started at as a youngster.

How green is my Valley.

Gareth? 
  • 1 yesterday
    2 today
    3 tomorrow?
    It’s all kicking off.
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:

Chelsea might still be unhappy at the lack of game time from the last left wing back we signed from them, though the previous two did very well.
    They won't be, they just didn't want him back.  Quite a damming assessment of a player that was never going to play for them anyway. 
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:

We can just argue that the Manager who made that decision is no longer around.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    THE 🗡️🐟 PREDICTS! (from one who knows nothing)

Only 1 to be confirmed today, defender (clue - not Sol Bamba)

Probably still haggling over the other player reportedly 👀 yesterday (cryptic clue- if we were also to sign his mate, Emand Weep, we'd have been dealt the worst possible hand) 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    redbuttle said:
    Rylo said:
    cfgs said:
    ButtleJR said:
    No more tonight...
    Booooooo
    What about Buttle snr?
    Thanks.....
    Doubt it to be honest . Been going for nearly 55 years.
  • redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    redbuttle said:
    Rylo said:
    cfgs said:
    ButtleJR said:
    No more tonight...
    Booooooo
    What about Buttle snr?
    Thanks.....
    OK, your not then.  Sorry for any offence caused. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    redbuttle said:
    Rylo said:
    cfgs said:
    ButtleJR said:
    No more tonight...
    Booooooo
    What about Buttle snr?
    Thanks.....
    None taken mate...
  • redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    redbuttle said:
    Rylo said:
    cfgs said:
    ButtleJR said:
    No more tonight...
    Booooooo
    What about Buttle snr?
    Thanks.....
    None taken mate...
    🤝
  • Good spot, nose, ears and lips look consistent.