Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Oh god, here we go
  • We might have signed someone half hour ago and they just need to do the press photos etc. 

Then again, we’ve probably signed nobody.
    Nah.....we've definitely signed someone. 
    Yup Cawley would be telling us that everything is done if we havent.
  • Wasn't dj announced around midnight?
  • Right, just so I’m in the right page, if/when we announce any signings do we feel sheepish about the comments we are making now - or do we just plough straight in with slagging off whoever it is?
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Wish Thomas had backed Garner the same way he did Adkins 
    He has by raising the wage budget hence the signings we made 
    Clearly not Mr Bexley Boy
    Clearly yes as we pipped championship sides for two of the players we brought in 
  • I think we’ve signed Bonne to be honest and will be announced early morning 
    Not sure if I’ll be able to sleep tonight ......
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Another dull season in League one beckons............. depressing how the club seems to be on a downward spiral and not up.
    What? 
    The current squad is nowhere near good enough to get out of this league, if as it appears we've failed to strengthen in key areas, predominantly up front, another season of League one football. Add to that the mess away from the playing side and yes, IMHO, we've on a downward spiral still, not up.
  • We might have signed someone half hour ago and they just need to do the press photos etc. 

Willing to put your seldom wrong reputation on the line for it?
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Wish Thomas had backed Garner the same way he did Adkins 
    He has by raising the wage budget hence the signings we made 
    Clearly not Mr Bexley Boy
    Clearly yes as we pipped championship sides for two of the players we brought in 
    Which players were they exactly?
  • Sponsored links:

• The meltdowns are a true sight to behold. 
    It’s my favourite couple of hours of the season on here 
  • Right, just so I’m in the right page, if/when we announce any signings do we feel sheepish about the comments we are making now - or do we just plough straight in with slagging off whoever it is?
    Depends who we've signed.

A marquee signing & everyone will be falling over themselves.

A league 2 has been.....probably. 
  • Rothko said:
    The meltdowns are a true sight to behold. 
    It’s my favourite couple of hours of the season on here 
    I'm going to round up the best ones for later in the season.
  • Scully gone to Wigan.
  • Not a dickie bird from the club, shambles. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Shame to see Anthony Scully has done a Delort and gone to Wigan!
  • RedRobin said:
    Not a dickie bird from the club, shambles. 
    Because they're still working perhaps?

Willing to put your seldom wrong reputation on the line for it?
    I'm just going on the basis that no owner would be daft enough to go into a season with just 3 strikers (1 of whom is currently injured) and 3 centre halves. 

If there has indeed been no signings at all today then we will be treading water this season. 
  • RedRobin said:
    Not a dickie bird from the club, shambles. 
    Why is it a shambles??
  • th0rryy said:
    Scully gone to Wigan.
    Wait. What. I’ve had it on good authority here that signings don’t happen past 11 😱
  • It would be really helpful to have an experienced comms person at the club to manage the communications effectively around transfer deadline day eh ? 🤔😐🙄
  • MarcusH26 said:
    That feels like desperation from a Championship side.
  • That's it I'm off to bed. although I might not be able to sleep tonight due to the excitement of Bonne being announced in the morning
  • So roughly 76% of the signings at our EFL level are loans. Just 11 undisclosed and five frees. I think it shows that EFL clubs are pretty skint. Not knocked out about Bonne but he will do a job and will be a variation on Stockley.