Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• some of those free agents arent looking too shabby now lol
  • So why couldn’t we loan someone like Cosgrove?
    40% of his league goals in English football came today!! He was a complete donkey at Wimbledon last year.

I personally don't rate him but how many players of similar ages are there playing u-23 football, not getting in first team squads at championship level that we could have been in for. 

We might not agree on the player and neither of us are scouts so don't know who is available but to have 3 loan slots not used is criminal!
  • Glad I'm not the only one to feel this way and especially relieved that Sage is the one to echo my thoughts. 

TS has totally left BG up the creek without a paddle IMO.

He'll want the gaffer to put more youngsters in the team , putting them out there and encouraging bids for their services as he did with Burstow. 

That's one of the only ways to recoup some of his outlay.
  • So why couldn’t we loan someone like Cosgrove?
    40% of his league goals in English football came today!! He was a complete donkey at Wimbledon last year.

I personally don't rate him but how many players of similar ages are there playing u-23 football, not getting in first team squads at championship level that we could have been in for. 

We might not agree on the player and neither of us are scouts so don't know who is available but to have 3 loan slots not used is criminal!
    Particularly when we have 4 (I think) squad places left unfilled.  Which means we have a total of 18 over 21 yr old outfield players.  It is a ridiculously small squad.
  • Never trusted TS and he's done absolutely nothing to change my opinion. 
    Apart from saving us going into oblivion …. 
    Oh what like Wigan nearly did season before last and TS thought about taking them over but chose us instead
  • Thankfully I’m at the mid Kent CAMRA beer festival and feeling upbeat 

but …,

it’s all awful !
  • I used to be able to do 100 plus keepy uppies without thinking about it. Playing football with my two year old nephew yesterday reminded me those days are long gone with my arthritic knees. I feel young enough when I am sitting down but otherwise pretty old!
    I was in the school fields, the children were doing crossbar challenge from edge of the goal area and asked me to have go, I tweaked something in my failed attempt on a “five aside pitch” as it fell short of the goal and barely trickled over the line. 😳
  • This might be a really stupid idea, but apart from me would anybody like to see us get Robson-Kanu on a short term deal....he certainly knows how to score and I think would bully cb's more than Stockley does..and get away with it?
  • If that’s what we need then play burger boy up front!
  • This might be a really stupid idea, but apart from me would anybody like to see us get Robson-Kanu on a short term deal....he certainly knows how to score and I think would bully cb's more than Stockley does..and get away with it?
    He's not played for a year, so seems to have given up playing
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Oh and our left hand side is so poor.

O’Connell, Clayden, Morgan, Kirk and then Stockley up front. None of them are good enough for a top 6 side, unfortunately.
    O Connell was superb today … and Clayden second half looked really dangerous , Kirk had an off day did not really get the chances .. Morgan was poor and it’s time for Payne .

but it don’t really matter what you do on the pitch when the ref misses a major key moment in the game 
    lets not sugar coat it, o connell decent, but not superb, clayden was horrific defensively, kirk more than an off day and we would of lost even if that goal was disallowed 
  • edited September 2022
    mendonca said:
    Glad to hear those words from Garner's interview. He's virtually summed up the ambition of the Club and how he will try to move us forwards to the best of his ability. 

It is why I don't go much anymore and am negative. Crooks, idiot, crooks, idiot. Sadly, I know enough about football to see it and have no wish to reward or encourage it when it is killing my club. Any pound I spend goes straight into that egotistical twat's pocket anyway. The losses from fans sticking two fingers up at the tool will get him out sooner. I am sure he wants out so no point protesting in other ways. Then we need to break the crooks idiot cycle.

The first thing the new owner should do is ban that stupid song.
  • Kirk stunk the place out……he was also largely responsible for their second goal.
  • Sage said:

O’Connell, Clayden, Morgan, Kirk and then Stockley up front. None of them are good enough for a top 6 side, unfortunately.
    O Connell was superb today … and Clayden second half looked really dangerous , Kirk had an off day did not really get the chances .. Morgan was poor and it’s time for Payne .

but it don’t really matter what you do on the pitch when the ref misses a major key moment in the game 
    O'Connell was "superb"?

What is your definition of superb? Him and Lavelle were carthorse-like for quite a lot of today.
  • Sage said:

O'Connell was "superb"?

What is your definition of superb? Him and Lavelle were carthorse-like for quite a lot of today.
    He was ok.
  • Sage said:

O'Connell was "superb"?

He was ok.
    5 or 6/10, league one, bang average performance. I'd agree with "ok" over "superb"
  • Sage said:

O'Connell was "superb"?

He was ok.

I'm sorry but anyone who is part of a defence that conceded 3 goals all within 12 yards of our goal did not play anywhere near "ok"
  • Sponsored links:

• He was the pick of them then. I didn't say he was superb btw.
  • Kirk stunk the place out……he was also largely responsible for their second goal.
    I think it was Clayden piss balling about that cost us the 2nd goal. 
    Kirk gave the ball away needlessly and I don't think we got another touch on it until they scored
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    Kirk stunk the place out……he was also largely responsible for their second goal.
    Kirk gave the ball away needlessly and I don't think we got another touch on it until they scored
    Clayden was the first goal. The entire defence the second.
  • What’s this Terrel Thomas chap all about? Opinions?
  • Interesting from BG when he said it’s going to take another two windows to get the squad the way we want it to look with the style of play we want to play 
    I think that's pretty fair though. Even Guardiola took a year (and 3 windows) to shape the City squad how he wanted it. 

But Garner can't do that without backing. We're relying on our squad remaining injury-free (which already isn't happening) or at least 3 youngsters proving they're already up to the task. Leaburn is one, but we're likely going to need more.
  • Glad I'm not the only one to feel this way and especially relieved that Sage is the one to echo my thoughts. 

He'll want the gaffer to put more youngsters in the team , putting them out there and encouraging bids for their services as he did with Burstow. 

I must admit, when I saw those comments from @sage, I was quite glad.  He knows his onions and generally I consider him to be quite patient and positive when it comes to the playing side of things, but it’s a bit of a wake up call imo 
  • cabbles said:
    Glad I'm not the only one to feel this way and especially relieved that Sage is the one to echo my thoughts. 

I must admit, when I saw those comments from @sage, I was quite glad.  He knows his onions and generally I consider him to be quite patient and positive when it comes to the playing side of things, but it’s a bit of a wake up call imo 
    Sage did say last year that Dobson and Clare were not of the required standard, and yet they became two of our best players.

Maybe he is right and the fact they are our better players shows that we are way off the standard we need to be.