Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

VOTV - RIP

Comments

• The most influential fanzine in football - bar none. Thanks Rick for everything.
  • Off_it said:
    I think @Airman Brown should consider relaunching it as a NFT. 

It's the future!
    Can I pay with some magic beans?
  • I'm SO looking forward to the final edition thumping down onto my doormat like a brick erupting through the letterbox ! 

I can't wait to see whether there are any major revelations inside that will knock our (cotton) socks off .....but I know it will be worth every penny. 

It will be a sad day but hopefully the springboard for bigger things to come from our very own Airman Brown. 
  • Please can we have one last “red faces”. 
  • I used to queue up outside Selhurst every time the next edition came out and it  always has been a great read, but that feels like a lifetime ago now. I'm off to have a rummage to see if I saved my copy of the very first issue, but I had a ruthless clear out a few years ago in a moment of madness, so I'm not hopeful.

My earliest programme is M'bro away  in March 1972 btw, not that I was at that game. Long story given that I'm not a collector. Couldn't tell you the result.
  • edited August 2022
    Its shows you how things have changed re communication, no internet in those days!. VOTV was my main way of finding out what was going on, and an inspiration to join the Valley Party. Gutted I had moved from Greenwich a short time earlier to Bexley and couldn't therefore be an actual candidate. Didn't wait for a Selhurst game, I would pop into Embassy Court Welling to the newsagents to get the latest copy. Had the right hump if he didn't have them yet or had sold out! I also remember ringing clubcall many many times praying for an update!   I think the Airman Brown section was always my favourite bit.
  • Please can we have one last “red faces”. 
    Or alternatively, a ‘Top 10’ of the most notorious ‘Red Faces’ - my nomination for the most notorious (which I appreciate will have major competition from many, incl Ralph Milne) is Shane Westley - truly dreadful 
  • I'm SO looking forward to the final edition thumping down onto my doormat like a brick erupting through the letterbox ! 

I can't wait to see whether there are any major revelations inside that will knock our (cotton) socks off .....but I know it will be worth every penny. 

It will be a sad day but hopefully the springboard for bigger things to come from our very own Airman Brown. 
    Blimey Fanny! I had to read that twice.

@oohaahmortimer ...that one was for you ! 
  • swordfish said:
    I used to queue up outside Selhurst every time the next edition came out and it  always has been a great read, but that feels like a lifetime ago now. I'm off to have a rummage to see if I saved my copy of the very first issue, but I had a ruthless clear out a few years ago in a moment of madness, so I'm not hopeful.

My earliest programme is M'bro away  in March 1972 btw, not that I was at that game. Long story given that I'm not a collector. Couldn't tell you the result.
    I'm delighted to report that, following a frantic search last night, I found my copy of  Issue No 1 of VoTV (Feb 88 30p), in very good condition I might add given its paper form, @Airman Brown''s viewpoint stating his ambition to score a hat trick in the Simod Cup Final. 🤣

I seem to have kept select issues covering the significant victories in the many trials and tribulations of the Club up to the turn of the Century.

I'm  looking forward to owning a copy of the final edition too. Do I place my order on the VoTV website?
  • Sponsored links:

• swordfish said:
    swordfish said:
    I used to queue up outside Selhurst every time the next edition came out and it  always has been a great read, but that feels like a lifetime ago now. I'm off to have a rummage to see if I saved my copy of the very first issue, but I had a ruthless clear out a few years ago in a moment of madness, so I'm not hopeful.

I'm delighted to report that, following a frantic search last night, I found my copy of  Issue No 1 of VoTV (Feb 88 30p), in very good condition I might add given its paper form, @Airman Brown''s viewpoint stating his ambition to score a hat trick in the Simod Cup Final. 🤣

I seem to have kept select issues covering the significant victories in the many trials and tribulations of the Club up to the turn of the Century.

I'm  looking forward to owning a copy of the final edition too. Do I place my order on the VoTV website?
    Shortly.
  • Final issue of VOTV, running to 84 pages, will be out on Saturday, with subscriber copies in the post ahead of that. More details here, where you can also order it by post. Cover price is £5.

I've got a few subscribers to contact this week - mostly people who paid by cheque or online banking and whose subscription have expired. The vast majority of PayPal subscriptions have been settled - there are small number still to collect £2.75, after which they will close automatically.
    excellent
  • Can't wait although feeling sad at its demise.
  • stonemuse said:
    Final issue of VOTV,
    excellent
    Very harsh @stonemuse its been a great product over many years. 
    🤣
  • Does Thomas get a complimentary copy? 😎
  • Sponsored links:

• swordfish said:
    Does Thomas get a complimentary copy? 😎
    Not sure you mean "complimentary"...
    Oh dear! No specially edited edition for him then!🙄
  • Just ordered via PayPal, looking forward to this edition 
  • Airman will pop up somewhere else soon.

He’s probably part of the Andrew Barclay & Peter Varney consortium looking to takeover the club 😉
  • Airman will pop up somewhere else soon.

He’s probably part of the Andrew Barclay & Peter Varney consortium looking to takeover the club 😉
    Many a true word spoken in jest, Eddie....
  • Still gutted about this. 
  • Will get there slightly earlier than usual Airman, with the right money for once 😊. 
  • This is going to be missed by many football people and sadly for Charlton fans we will have to find inside information elsewhere.

Thanks for all those years Rick and of course all your helpers.

Just seen the new T Shirt brings back memories of we don’t give a xxxx for Selhurst Park.