Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

pub brawls (bored thread #427)

13»

Comments

• Options
    Onside:
    Ilic - Can act hard heard
    Herman - likes to inflict pain
    Costa - AKA The Tank

I'll just peer round the side and sneer.

Offside:
    John Barnes - too busy drowning his sorrows
    Bowyer - that's just inciting them even more
    Chris Powell - He's just run off, oh he's back, no he's not -SMACK!
  • Options
    There were quite a few players in that 85/86 Brum team that were nutters. Tony Coton and Mick Harford were the most famous, but there was another one whom i can't remember - name similar to Joey Jones - who was a brum fan but had played for villa. There's a semi famous story about him playing for the Villa against Brum in a derby with a Brum pin badge in his shirt. The Villa fans saw it at a corner kick so he put the kick straight out. The bloke was said to be pwoper naughty.

Ah the ease of the internet! Robert Hopkins was his name. Of course the other nutters in that team were Noel Blake and Martin Kuhl. I'd have loved to see Bowyer take on Kuhl, wouldn't have been much left of poncey Bowyer.
  • Options
    PL54....DEFNITELY wouldn't have gone near Palace men such as Billy Gilbert, Micky Droy or Jim Cannon. But may have been tempted v Glenn Pennyfather, David Fry or Kevin Mabbutt.

My CAFC line-ups

"BANZAI!!!!"
    Don McAllister (had a hard man's name)
    Paul Miller (was a hard man)
    'Arry Cripps (again the name says it all)

"Kamerad"
    David Campbell (ex-Forest one....big jessie)
    Paul Linger (lack of inches)
    Jesper Blomqvist (big jessie AND lack of inches)

Other clubs;

"I say....put them up!"
    Ron Harris (was still chopping them for Brentford aged 38)
    Terry Hurlock (caveman)
    Billy Bonds (you'd have to kill him)

(or anyone from Birmingham City circa 1982...Hopkins, Gayle, Harford, Coton, Kuhl....)

"No no...not my face!"
    Craig Bellamy (all tats and no action)
    Jamie Redknapp (silly voice...got to be an iron deep down!)
    Gary Lineker (won't step up to the plate)

Hilarious thread. Been roaring at some of the comments!
  • Options
    Simonsen

Other clubs;

Billy Bonds (you'd have to kill him) 

Billy Bonds was Charlton so why give him away?
  • Options
    I guess I was going on the basis that I didn't see Bonds play for Charlton....only West Ham. Ok....I'll go for Billy Whitehurst of Hull City instead.
  • Options
    I think Billy Whitehurst did a bit of bare knuckle work a la "Snatch" after he retired from football, so a man probably best avoided if things ever got "norwty". I remember him responding to a jibe from Addickted at Sellout Park one day by looking down his shorts and shaking his head and grinning, luckily he saw the joke...!

Re Colins post, Mark Dennis was another madman in that Brum team, I'd say they were more trouble than their fans in those days, and that's saying something.