Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 30th April 2022 - 12:30 KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:
    DO NOT FORGET ............... 12.30 KICK OFF
    People are trying to forget though Ross ;)
  • Options
    Yes, thanks for the previews over the season , let's hope for better times next season,  COYR 
  • Options
    Can we do the double over Ipswich?
    I think we can. It would be typical Charlton after all our struggles, to end with a win.

I would like to see JFC starting, but if there are still injury worries then it is probably best if he is protected (assuming he will be with us next season). I am still not convinced by Morgan, even if he does have the most assists (he also takes most of the dead ball kicks, so you would expect his assists to be higher than average), but it would be harsh to drop him.

It will be disappointing (to me at least) for Matthews and Gilbey to get another chance to prove how bad they are, but it seems likely they will start. I would like to see DJ for Matthews and anyone (even Nathan Harness) for Gilbey.

I have a funny feeling we may nick this, so 0-1 (Gilbey, to prove me wrong) to Johnny Jackson's red and white army (or whatever colour we will be playing in tomorrow). Let's draw a line under this fairly awful season in style.

Thanks to all those that have been involved with the excellent match previews this season.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    ross1 said:
    DO NOT FORGET ............... 12.30 KICK OFF
    People are trying to forget though Ross ;)
    WHY...we are gonna win,..yipeee,.. plenty of time to forget,let's just go out on a high... B)
  • Options
    2-1. DK to score from a cross, with his first kick of the game (his first kick of the 3 times he’s got on the pitch this season). We all trudge off into the  afternoon sun thinking  we’re sorted up front for next season.
  • Options
    Can we do the double over Ipswich?
    I think we can. It would be typical Charlton after all our struggles, to end with a win.

I would like to see JFC starting, but if there are still injury worries then it is probably best if he is protected (assuming he will be with us next season). I am still not convinced by Morgan, even if he does have the most assists (he also takes most of the dead ball kicks, so you would expect his assists to be higher than average), but it would be harsh to drop him.

It will be disappointing (to me at least) for Matthews and Gilbey to get another chance to prove how bad they are, but it seems likely they will start. I would like to see DJ for Matthews and anyone (even Nathan Harness) for Gilbey.

I have a funny feeling we may nick this, so 0-1 (Gilbey, to prove me wrong) to Johnny Jackson's red and white army (or whatever colour we will be playing in tomorrow). Let's draw a line under this fairly awful season in style.

Thanks to all those that have been involved with the excellent match previews this season.
    To be fair to Morgan, he's played less than half our league games this season (20 starts, 1 sub appearance) so other players have taken the dead balls in more than half the games.

It wouldn't surprise me if we won tomorrow. Two teams with nothing to play for, and we're in better form than Ipswich who are having an end of season slump - just 3 points from their last 5 games.
  • Options
    Grandson’s first away match. Nothing less than a win will do. 
  • Options
    Two underachieving teams. Not sure I would be too happy if Ipswich had been spending my pension money on an 11th place finish but there you go. We are just as bad. Two teams head to the beach but I think Ipswich will be stronger, 2-0 to them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BFG94 said:
    Grandson’s first away match. Nothing less than a win will do. 
    Is he playing right centre back?
  • Options
    Crazy that Ipswich are only one place above us in the league.

We have lost 20 games this season….they have lost just 12.
  • Options
    But both have won the same amount.Oh Eddie Youds... said:
    Crazy that Ipswich are only one place above us in the league.

We have lost 20 games this season….they have lost just 12.

• Options
    5-1 away win. Leaburn hat trick.

Those were the days.......
  • Options
    Recall a last minute JJ equaliser 2013, last minute Lisbie winner 2001 (I think), last minute Tommy Caton pen in a 4-4 90/91, best at Ipswich for this starry-eyed youngster however was the 81 Cup game. We really gave them a game that day. 
  • Options
    Recall a last minute JJ equaliser 2013, last minute Lisbie winner 2001 (I think), last minute Tommy Caton pen in a 4-4 90/91, best at Ipswich for this starry-eyed youngster however was the 81 Cup game. We really gave them a game that day. 
    Was at all of those games and the famous Carl Leaburn hatrick one which was around 95/96? Yes the 81 cup game was one of my favourites despite losing 2-0 to one of the best teams in the country at the time.

• Options
    Went to Portman Rd for the FA cup tie in 81, huge away following and gave Ipswich a really good game. Took my then 2 young brother-in-laws and drove up from Sidcup. If I remember rightly the Ipswich and Charlton crowds were separated by Police/stewards and netting in the stand behind the goal. Didn't stop stuff being lobbed over the top of the netting though. Got set upon on way out by a bunch of Ipswich yoofs, old bill stepped in.
    As for todays game......I think we may just finish on a high.....1-2 Addicks!
  • Options
    Went to Portman Rd for the FA cup tie in 81, huge away following and gave Ipswich a really good game. Took my then 2 young brother-in-laws and drove up from Sidcup. If I remember rightly the Ipswich and Charlton crowds were separated by Police/stewards and netting in the stand behind the goal. Didn't stop stuff being lobbed over the top of the netting though. Got set upon on way out by a bunch of Ipswich yoofs, old bill stepped in.
    As for todays game......I think we may just finish on a high.....1-2 Addicks!
    I went there for that one too. I don't recall the rough stuff but I think I might have been sitting.  That was unusual for me at the time, did we sell out on the terrace? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Lovely day for it, on the 9am from Liverpool St. Quite looking forward to a no pressure game in the sun and then kissing goodbye to this dreadful season. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
  • Options
    edited April 2022
  • Options
    May I add my thanks and appreciation for all the match previews throughout the season.
    They provide the template for further discussion and anticipation approaching each game and are universally excellent.
  • Options
    Presumably if Inniss starts he will be here next season, otherwise it is pointless.

I'd much prefer to see young Deji get given a chance. 
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Any reason why it cannot be shown on Charlton TV in UK.
    You may laugh but its because SKY will have the rights to all twelve games... Even though they're only showing two of them. 
    Can't believe this. Had assumed it would be on. Got to change my plans for the day. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Getting the 10.25 from Shenfield - why such an early KO
  • Options
    Getting the 10.25 from Shenfield - why such an early KO
    TV....innit.
  • Options
    Hopeful that this might be a good game. Both teams have massively under achieved this season and will surely want to prove a point. Would say alot about a team if they dont imo

Cant see us winning but I said the same re Sunderland and Rotherham 😂 this season has been weird hasnt it, top half teams we done ok bottom half just got out fought and out thought
  • Options
    Well done @ForeverAddickted on putting these together each week mate. Next season will be so much easier with results going our way.

I don’t think we will see a lot of change from the squad, Lee and Burstow to come in, 

MacGillivray
    Inniss Pearce Famewo
    Matthews Gilbey Dobson Morgan Blackett-Taylor
    Stockley Washington

Harness, Forster-Caskey, Lee, Jaiyesimi, Leko, Burstow, Aneke