Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 30th April 2022 - 12:30 KO | Match Preview

13»

Comments

• Options
    Went to Portman Rd for the FA cup tie in 81, huge away following and gave Ipswich a really good game. Took my then 2 young brother-in-laws and drove up from Sidcup. If I remember rightly the Ipswich and Charlton crowds were separated by Police/stewards and netting in the stand behind the goal. Didn't stop stuff being lobbed over the top of the netting though. Got set upon on way out by a bunch of Ipswich yoofs, old bill stepped in.
    As for todays game......I think we may just finish on a high.....1-2 Addicks!
    I went there for that one too. I don't recall the rough stuff but I think I might have been sitting.  That was unusual for me at the time, did we sell out on the terrace? 
    Yep we sold out on the terrace, behind the goal, and Im sure it was split between us and Ipswich, perhaps someone with a better memory might be able to add something. Me and my 2 young b-in-l's were set upon by them, that I do remember, I hit one of them and then the OB arrived, it was about 12/13 of them and me and my relatives who were aged about 12 and 13 at the time, gotta say I was glad to see the OB.
  • Options
    Why does every other league finish next weekend?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Why does every other league finish next weekend?
    Not as efficient 
  • Options
    Due to the Bank Holiday weekend being put back a week the league one playoff final has been brought forward by a week. Hence the early finish. 
  • Options
    Harness starting, Henderson on the bench, someone on Twitter said CM is ill. Deji on the bench.
  • Options
    What's the odds on Bonne scoring ? 🤭
  • Options
    The surname of the referee and the two lino's all begin with 'B'.
    Spooky huh?
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Then Pig to come off the bench and also score!
  • Options
    Has everyone forgotten this is a 12:30 kickoff :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What times the match?
  • Options
    Big Mac didn’t make it to the sponsors’ dinner so it’s possible there will be a change of goalie for this last match. 
    Told you…

Good luck to Nathan today. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    He's scored 1 goal in his last 28 appearances. 

So a dead cert.
  • Options
    Unfortunately not, hence why I've got the stream on now ;)
  • Options
    COYR 
  • Options
    Reading the match day programme, didn’t realise , Conor Wash used to be a postie…. Let’s hope he delivers today!
  • Options
    Great to see Gilbey in the team rather than any academy player being given a chance to impress.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    As Ryan Inniss is playing he still has a chance of a one year contract. I understand why in a way but only finishing about 12 games a season is a very poor return out of 46. He should be given a contact to match his injury problems. Pay as you play ? I doubt he would accept that as he would be poor !
    If a combo of Inniss, Stockley and Aneke were on the field we would score and defend our box better if Morgan could replicate his delivery for set pieces.
  • Options
    I too would like to add my heartfelt thanks to Sage, FA, Lookout and others for the excellent pre and post match summaries! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Different reason why Pearce is playing today unless anyone is ITK ? It may be his last game and he is captain one more time.
    If it is then I hope he gets a coaching job at Cafc and is still registered as many teams including Brighton use their senior guy and coach as a playing coach for the U23. Not every game obviously but when they have the 17/18 year old step up to the 23's. 

Anyone who go crazy today and slags players off on the match thread really need to have a rethink about how they see football. Save it for the "scores on the doors" and explain why.
  • Options
    Can we do the double over Ipswich?
     . Let's draw a line under this fairly awful season in style.

To do that, how many should we lose by?
  • Options
    redman said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    Any reason why it cannot be shown on Charlton TV in UK.
    You may laugh but its because SKY will have the rights to all twelve games... Even though they're only showing two of them. 
    Can't believe this. Had assumed it would be on. Got to change my plans for the day. 
    If this doesn't persuade fans of League One clubs to cancel Sky subscriptions then nothing will 
  • Options
    From the comments on the match thread, yes 😂