Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

U18s | CAFC fan coach up to Sheff Utd for the U18s final on Saturday - KO noon (p9)

Comments

• Asimwe winning out over their pacey winger time and time again.
  • Sheff Utd player down getting treatment on the edge of our area.
  • Sheff U player has to go off temporarily with a nose bleed, cross into our area from our left, but Kone gets low to claim.
  • Now Kedwell loses out in the centre circle, and Sheff U shot just goes wide, but must;ve been touched out for a corner.
  • We're definitely under the kosh at the moment, Sheff U hit the post and the ball's out for a goal kick.
  • Sheff U have another shot, but it curls wide of our LH post.
  • edited May 2022
    Sheff very quick and physical, getting first to any loose ball, we need another very soon if we can, could be only a matter of time till they equalize..COYU18s
  • Erk, Sheff U player goes down on the edge of the box, ref gives them a free kick.
  • edited May 2022
    Free kick headed for top RH corner, Kone tips over the bar, and shifts the goal a few inches as he collides with it :) Corner cleared.
  • Nice scaffolding 
  • Sponsored links:

• Need to keep possession better. 
  • Jason Adigun doing a Pearcy tactical shoe lace tying up on the edge of our area?
  • Sheff U put the ball in from our left but it goes wide for a goal kick.
  • Is it just me but due to it being on a training ground so the camera position is not great, the quality of play looks worse? 
  • In know it's possession football and all that, but I do get twitchy when we play the ball across our own box.
  • Or is the pitch smaller than usual so they are struggling a bit?
  • Erk, another shot from distance from Perk, just wide of the RH post.
  • Sheff U's Peck gets booked for a late challenge on the LH touchline.
  • @balham red I don't think the camera work helps, but Sheff U are a good side so they're putting us under pressure effectively.
  • Sheff U get into our box, but Kone comes forward to claim.
  • Sponsored links:

• We're in added time now.
  • Good pressuring from Adigun on their keeper but he manages to get it away.
  • Bower has to concede a corner on our left.
  • We are very much behind the play, any build up is slow and we are having trouble getting passes away, terrible camera work and setting is not helping to see any positional play, Utd very strong in the tackle, half time talk very important, we will need to pick it up a bit or just a matter of time before they are level..
  • Sorry I’ve just switched on for the last 15 minutes. Can anyone tell me if I’m wrong but our right back wants to play balls into channels and out goalkeeper likes to kick it long. Are we coaching players to 1980s football? Heh its15 minutes can anyone update me? Many thanks 
  • Corner deep headed back, Leaburn tries to clear but gets the ball caught under his feet. Luckily the ref gives us a free kick for some reason.

HT: Sheff U 0 - CAFC 1
  • Half time. Good start but have struggled to progress further. Chef utd have had the best of it but they ain’t scored … yet. Impressed with Kedwell and there’s no denying who Miles Leaburn’s dad is 
  • The poor camera work and no sound making this a hard watch.

On the rare occasions we got into the final third we look dangerous but being overrun in midfield where it seems they have 4 v 3 (hard to tell due to camera agle).

So we're bypassing midfield a lot or giving up possession.

But we have the lead and Utd havent created many clear cut chances.

• We did well to hold the lead until half-time after coming under concerted pressure. We need to keep the ball better and win more 50/50s, as Sheffield Utd have looked better in both respects after our bright opening. Our central defenders have done well and Kone is a really reassuring presence. in goal

Hopefully, Anderson and Adigun will get on the ball more in the second half and we'll rely less on long, hopeful balls down the line, which have generally just conceded possession.
  • edited May 2022
    Really poor from the Charlton comms team.

Poor camera work, no sound.

Oh, hang on, it's Sheffield Utd  TV

I was on the Sheffield United link and there was sound with a United Commentator, but it was mainly watching a slide show. 30 minutes in before we switched to the Charlton version of the link with Terry Smith's opinion on every free kick ! Still prefer super Tel.
    Same camera and great to see players from both sides moving.