Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

U18s | CAFC fan coach up to Sheff Utd for the U18s final on Saturday - KO noon (p9)

Comments

• Options
    Nothing new to post, just want to savour/share the match atmosphere one more day.
    Great game to watch even when we were on the back foot.
    I’ll follow this crop of talented youngsters next season. Hopefully one or more will get a first team chance.
     Not possible to predict who will push on but I fancy Miles Leaburn with his more direct style & physicality will be a  handful to any defender.

• Options
    Nice to see the two teams that finished top to on to play in the final.  Will be very tough because one thing we do often struggle with is physicality and a lot of these northern teams have some big strong boys in them - Wigan last year and this year and Barnsley yesterday were physical and we struggled.  With that in mind I hope it’s at The valley on a familiar surface and surroundings 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Nice to see the two teams that finished top to on to play in the final.  Will be very tough because one thing we do often struggle with is physicality and a lot of these northern teams have some big strong boys in them - Wigan last year and this year and Barnsley yesterday were physical and we struggled.  With that in mind I hope it’s at The valley on a familiar surface and surroundings 
    Agreed, they out muscled us in the first half, but our creative players got more into the match in the second half, and Barnsley seemed to tire BBC a little. Hoping it’s at The Valley, as I think there’ll be a decent crowd. 
  • Options
    There should be a decent crowd. That game yesterday is the first time I have seen a Charlton team completing more that 4 or 5 passes all season and even when we brought the big fella Leaburn on we wasnt just limping it forward. Any chance we can get whoever coaches them to do a few sessions with the 1st team
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    It is always worth being cautious about predictions.
    At one stage, when they were at the same level with us, you could hardly get a fag paper between Josh Umerah, Brandon Hanlan and Karlan Grant, but as things have progressed they have all ‘made it’, but now in those terms they have separated into Gold, Silver and Bronze success wise.
    I thought Tobi Silva and Azeez were better than all 3 of them....
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Was it their U18s or U23s that beat us in a cup game last year?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Swisdom said:
    Not sure but wigans 18s beat us convincingly at Sparrows Lane 3 or 4 weeks ago
  • Options
    Think Wigan beat us in a cup last year as Carragher was there cheering in his son.
  • Options
    Think Wigan beat us in a cup last year as Carragher was there cheering in his son.
    That was the final we are now in again 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    aliwibble said:
    Swisdom said:
    Not sure but wigans 18s beat us convincingly at Sparrows Lane 3 or 4 weeks ago
    Didn’t we have players missing for that one?
  • Options
    Sadly, I don't think we'll be playing the final at the Valley. 

I took the photo this afternoon.
    That was mentioned on Saturday. The early start to next season doesn’t leave a lot of time to get the grass in top condition. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Crusty54 said:

That was mentioned on Saturday. The early start to next season doesn’t leave a lot of time to get the grass in top condition. 
    Don’t they lay turf, or is that a seeder?
  • Options
    Has it been announced where the final is going to be held and when ? I know it's this weekend but was hoping it was going to be streamed. As it cant be at the valley now the stream must be in doubt
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Has it been announced where the final is going to be held and when ? I know it's this weekend but was hoping it was going to be streamed. As it cant be at the valley now the stream must be in doubt
    I will be surprised if its not at Brammal Lane now. 

Sheffield United live streamed their game with Colchester on YouTube so hopefully they'll do the same again. 
  • Options
    Cheers mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The pitch at Bramall Lane has also been dug up. They are hosting some Women's Euro 2022 games in July and needed to get it done.

The only date/venue I've seen is on the Sheff Utd website: Saturday 21st May, 12pm kick off at The Sheffield Utd Football Academy.
  • Options
    The pitch at Bramall Lane has also been dug up. They are hosting some Women's Euro 2022 games in July and needed to get it done.

The only date/venue I've seen is on the Sheff Utd website: Saturday 21st May, 12pm kick off at The Sheffield Utd Football Academy.
    Whereas our web site still says this - TBC: Charlton v Barnsley (PDL2 play-off semi-final)
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/matches/u18-matches
    And there's not a link to a match report since 26th March. That is six matches ago. I assume it is amateur hour at CAFC.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Whereas our web site still says this - TBC: Charlton v Barnsley (PDL2 play-off semi-final)
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/matches/u18-matches
    And there's not a link to a match report since 26th March. That is six matches ago. I assume it is amateur hour at CAFC.
    Martin has been busy interviewing managers and looking for players, he will get round to these updates ASAP.
  • Options
    Last week we were urged to consider attending the semi final.

Now, possibly just 3 days before the final is played, we have no idea about the venue or time. 

I'm sure many of us would be interested in cheering on our Young Guns but the later we are informed of the details, the fewer will be able to attend....

Hardly forward planning. 
  • Options

Don't be fooled.  That's an old shot.

• Options

Now, possibly just 3 days before the final is played, we have no idea about the venue or time. 

I'm sure many of us would be interested in cheering on our Young Guns but the later we are informed of the details, the fewer will be able to attend....

Hardly forward planning. 
    It's a pretty poor show from the communications department.
    Is it asking too much, if nothing has been decided yet, to put a couple of lines on the OS stating date/venue is yet to be confirmed?
  • Options

Hardly forward planning. 
    It's a pretty poor show from the communications department.
    Is it asking too much, if nothing has been decided yet, to put a couple of lines on the OS stating date/venue is yet to be confirmed?
    I think the answer to that is a very obvious “yes”.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Just for balance here's the old Den.

Looks like the new den