Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Castore kit deal announced (Ed. New 23/24 kit page 52)

Comments

• Options
    We have lots of red and white scarves available in the museum for a donation.

And other Charlton stuff like books, signed photos and badges.

No mugs though (don't make the obvious joke)  :)
    Next Garner is angry at halftime and is about to throw the tea cups around, perhaps he should instead set up a stall outside and sell them, as the nearest thing to Charlton branded mugs
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    shine166 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    there should be room for mugs, car stickers, calendars etc - they aren’t in competition with Castore so not sure why they have disappeared 
    I suppose the thinking is that if the only stuff available is Castore, then every sale will be a Castore item.
    It's a great logic, I was going to get my boy a £15 scarf... but he's ended up with a £75 golf polo to wear to pre school instead. 
    Maybe Castore need to start making scarves, or maybe according to them, they don’t…

All the while they’re selling their own products as that’s all they have then that’s probably all they care about.
  • Options
    I would like to know how many other league clubs, do not sell any merchandise other than the kit on their websites
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I would like to know how many other league clubs, do not sell any merchandise other than the kit on their websites
    Mk dons who are also sponsored by Castore 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    there should be room for mugs, car stickers, calendars etc - they aren’t in competition with Castore so not sure why they have disappeared 
    I suppose the thinking is that if the only stuff available is Castore, then every sale will be a Castore item.
    It's a great logic, I was going to get my boy a £15 scarf... but he's ended up with a £75 golf polo to wear to pre school instead. 
    Maybe Castore need to start making scarves, or maybe according to them, they don’t…

All the while they’re selling their own products as that’s all they have then that’s probably all they care about.
    Don't give them ideas, £60 a scarf anyone?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    shine166 said:
    DOUCHER said:

Don't give them ideas, £60 a scarf anyone?
    “High quality “ scarves 🧣 
  • Options
    I pointed out on page 3 of this thread that it was doubtful that Castore had the infrastructure (or anywhere near to it) to do this properly. Seems I was right.
  • Options
    Less than 3 months into the season and Rangers have just officially announced the launch of a 4th kit with Castore!

Safe to say it hasn't gone down well with the fans, given it comes just a few days after they were fined for price fixing kits with JD Sports.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Kitbag store on eBay.

Free delivery.
    Has the sizes our O.S doesn't
    If you're a small, you pay a good bit less! 
    🤣

• Options
    A small update on J Carter Sporting Club Ltd (the owners of the Castore brand).

Their latest annual accounts were recently published. They are making a little progress from my comments on the state of the company from last year. (See page 3 of this thread.)

They now have circa £700k tangible assets up from last year's £200k. (Still a trivial figure!)
    They have increased turnover, profits and the value of stock in warehouse. They have also paid out nearly three times more money to the two directors. 

Staff numbers are also up. From last year's 38 to 174. (An all round increase in all areas and as expected a large increase in sales staff as they take on more shop space.)

Of course, this means that around three quarters of their total staff numbers have been with the company for less than a year and will be, how can I put this politely, wet behind the ears.  That might go some way towards explaining why they are making such a pig's breakfast of running the club shop and on-line site.

No surprises; no reason to believe there will be an improvement any time soon. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have bought a white away shirt and am very pleased with it .. i m o, the quality is far better than my Hummel shirts, certainly close to as good in quality as my Nike shirts 
  • Options

No doubt they charge extra for the "match quality" shirt as well. 
    Just checked and yes the "Pro" shirt is £105 rather than £55 for the prole shirt.  (They also do long-sleeved shirts - we don't have those do we?)
  • Options
    Is that an omen that Wolves are going down/
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Is that an omen that Wolves are going down/
    Stranger things 
  • Options
    Well Charlton are in class company now. My summer love Surrey ccc have agreed a multi year partnership with Castore for a kit deal and for the replica stuff in the club shop.
    They are making a big push into the UK sports market.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Well Charlton are in class company now. My summer love Surrey ccc have agreed a multi year partnership with Castore for a kit deal and for the replica stuff in the club shop.
    Not cheap there either.

I went to the Yorkshire championship game last summer and they wanted £25 for a baseball cap.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Just copying the mighty Kent who are also with Castore!

msomerton said:
    Not cheap there either.

I went to the Yorkshire championship game last summer and they wanted £25 for a baseball cap.
    Fortunately the Kent sunhats aren't made by Castore, hence they're affordable...
  • Options
    Just been on the online shop £90 for a training jacket  :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Yep at Surrey we will not notice the price increases clothing prices already sky high 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Castore have just landed the kit deal for the Republic of Ireland.
  • Options
    Yep & am loving the new badge 😍☘️
    Ireland ‘Football’
    None of that soccer nonsense 🤩💚👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    Yep & am loving the new badge 😍☘️
    Ireland ‘Football’
    None of that soccer nonsense 🤩💚👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    The badge is better but not happy with Castore and their awful kit designs. I was hoping Adidas would land the FAI deal so we could see a return to the great ROI kits of the late 80s and early 90s. 
  • Options
    The away was £20 in the shop today and the 3rd £15. Not sure if there will much left by the next home game though. 
  • Options
    Castore has managed to supply the full training and playing kit to Surrey CCC for the new season. 
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Castore has managed to supply the full training and playing kit to Surrey CCC for the new season. 
    Which one ? 
  • Options

Charlton supporters will be able to have their say on the Addicks’ 2024/25 kit.

The club’s kit suppliers, Castore, will meet with fans ahead of Charlton’s game at The Valley against Morecambe on Saturday, April 22nd.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/have-your-say-our-202425-kit

• Options
    clive said:

The club’s kit suppliers, Castore, will meet with fans ahead of Charlton’s game at The Valley against Morecambe on Saturday, April 22nd.

If they start producing it now it might be here in time.  And will only cost £350 for a shirt 

can’t say I’ve been at all impressed with them and their pricing.  
  • Options
    clive said:

Quite bizarre to be consulting about the 24/25 kit, when we're still using the 22/23 kit, and haven't even seen the 23/24 kit yet!