Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Castore kit deal announced (Ed. New 23/24 kit page 52)

Comments

• Options
    Castore and Reiss are releasing a collab on gym gear. No doubt that has taken some priority over their smaller clubs
  • Options
    I've just received a £5 refund for my home kit purchase.

Did I miss something about this happening? I thought it was only the 'voucher' we were receiving if we purchased it for £55.
  • Options
    Some new items were on sale Tuesday albeit a bit pricey - Training shirts @£38 and a tracksuit top @£50
  • Options
    Don't frequent the "Superstore" at all but I understand there are NO items on sale that are not produced by Castore.

I understand that someone at the club has stated that letters have been written to their HQ eliciting no responses of any interest.

I wonder whether TS ( or whoever he will say signed the contract ) read /understood the small print ? 

Could it be that the agreement was to only sell the company's products ?

Surely every Club Shop should sell club scarves, hats, car stickers, key rings, calendars etc etc !

It'll be a much more difficult task to find suitable bits & pieces for the kids' stockings this Christmas....
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Some new items were on sale Tuesday albeit a bit pricey - Training shirts @£38 and a tracksuit top @£50
    Tracksuit top I picked up was £90 - didn’t buy it 
  • Options
    Went to buy my nephew a shirt with his name on the back, but still not an option online for some reason. I don't go in the shop at the ground, is it possible to get a shirt printed in there?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    cafc999 said:
    Ouch - was that the one with the sword just printed on it? 

I cannot see this ending well for either Castore or the club
  • Options
    Feels like Castore have taken on way too many deals across a wide range of sports , I saw last week they announced they've signed Red Bull Racing for 2023 too. I can't see this ending well even if they've got some major investors 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Feels like Castore have taken on way too many deals across a wide range of sports , I saw last week they announced they've signed Red Bull Racing for 2023 too. I can't see this ending well even if they've got some major investors 
    I believe that one of the issues between us and Castore is that we do not communicate well with them.
  • Options
    Popped in the shop to kill time while I waited for someone before the FGR game; it took all of 30 seconds. Reminded me of one of those pop-up golf sales that spring up; just a few rails of different coloured shirts (and a FEW overpriced training tops) with our badge on. Nothing else at all. Above all, though some of the pastille colours make a change, there was a total lack of identity.
    I thought TS was desperate to increase revenue wherever possible but this looks like a monumental cock-up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc999 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I believe that one of the issues between us and Castore is that we do not communicate well with them.
    Poor communication? That certainly doesn't sound like us...
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    cafc999 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Poor communication? That certainly doesn't sound like us...
    My thoughts too
  • Options
    It was very noticeable this afternoon that all our under 21 coaching staff /physios etc are still wearing all sorts Hummel gear.
     Millwall are now supplied by Hummel & their bench staff were all attired in the same kit & it looked much more professional.
  • Options
    Went into the shop a few weeks ago, very little choice and very overpriced. Hummel were much better, wider range and some more affordable items
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Chasing the £££ signs have led us to this point, I said ages ago I didn't want Castore and thought their stuff was naff and overpriced. 

The fact the club shop isn't selling scarves, mugs, keyrings, teddies and other generic merchandise is a massive own goal IMO 
    As far as I can tell, every single attempt to boost income has been a massive failure... from increasing ticket prices to the change of manufacturer of the kits.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    cafc999 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    cafc999 said:
    Ouch - was that the one with the sword just printed on it? 

I cannot see this ending well for either Castore or the club
    Can’t remember exactly - I’m not against them getting rid of the tat that isnt made by the club supplier and am happy to pay a bit more for the proper stuff but 
    £90 is too much - I need sone new gear for football on a Wednesday night and was going to pay a bit more than elsewhere to support the club but the equivalent top is at least 3 times cheaper elsewhere - club have got things badly wrong on merchandise and ticket prices this year - hard to fathom what their thought processes were ? ‘We’ve hooked them with the free tickets last year,  now let’s reap the rewards ???’ I doubt many were hooked by last years tripe - put off more likely 
  • Options
    Took a look into the Glasgow Rangers store up at Ibrox whilst up in Scotland last week. A big club shop as you would imagine but as you would imagine its 95% full of Castore branded kit, polo shirts, rucksacks etc

The only small part was towards the tills was a few mugs and scarfs.

Not just Charlton then
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    there should be room for mugs, car stickers, calendars etc - they aren’t in competition with Castore so not sure why they have disappeared 
    I suppose the thinking is that if the only stuff available is Castore, then every sale will be a Castore item.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Chasing the £££ signs have led us to this point, I said ages ago I didn't want Castore and thought their stuff was naff and overpriced. 

The fact the club shop isn't selling scarves, mugs, keyrings, teddies and other generic merchandise is a massive own goal IMO 
    As far as I can tell, every single attempt to boost income has been a massive failure... from increasing ticket prices to the change of manufacturer of the kits.
    The change of kit manufacturer will almost certainly have increased revenue, as it’s all outsourced anyway. 

Total shit show from castore though 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    sam3110 said:

The change of kit manufacturer will almost certainly have increased revenue, as it’s all outsourced anyway. 

Total shit show from castore though 
    Yeah fair play, didn't consider the one off payment. If we are on any kind of % though there won't be much to collect. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    there should be room for mugs, car stickers, calendars etc - they aren’t in competition with Castore so not sure why they have disappeared 
    I suppose the thinking is that if the only stuff available is Castore, then every sale will be a Castore item.
    There has to be room for non Castore stuff as well, as it's our only shop. Surely the contractual agreement would state that a percentage of the space would cover other items, as otherwise we will need to open a second shop for calendars, mugs etc

Indeed, people going into the shop to buy a calendar might then buy some Castore clothing. After all, all shops want to encourage footfall surely?
  • Options
    The Castore shirts are far better quality than the Hummel ones. This isn't a subjective point, it's factual.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Perhaps Castore prefer the shop to have half a dozen people contemplating buying £50-£90 shirts and tracksuit tops, rather than 50 people looking at mugs & scarves etc? 
  • Options
    Or perhaps Castore don’t mind either way and no-one at club has put time into sourcing those other items.
  • Options
    We have lots of red and white scarves available in the museum for a donation.

And other Charlton stuff like books, signed photos and badges.

No mugs though (don't make the obvious joke)  :)
  • Options
    Or perhaps Castore don’t mind either way and no-one at club has put time into sourcing those other items.
    Not up to the club to source items for a shop run and stocked by Castore.

Ian Wallis has been trying to get them to stock his Valiant 1000 book.  They haven't said no, they just keep referring it up to a manager who hasn't made a decision.

They don't even sell the matchday programme.