Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Castore kit deal announced (Ed. New 23/24 kit page 52)

Comments

• Options
    clive said:

Charlton supporters will be able to have their say on the Addicks’ 2024/25 kit.

The club’s kit suppliers, Castore, will meet with fans ahead of Charlton’s game at The Valley against Morecambe on Saturday, April 22nd.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/have-your-say-our-202425-kit

Quite bizarre to be consulting about the 24/25 kit, when we're still using the 22/23 kit, and haven't even seen the 23/24 kit yet!
    Not bizarre at all. When hummel were our supplier the kit consultation was done pretty early and they showed off 10 designs that they had whittled down from around 100. 

I'm not a fan of Castore but they, and Peter Storrie should be applauded for being proactive in this instance.

• Options
    clive said:

Charlton supporters will be able to have their say on the Addicks’ 2024/25 kit.

The club’s kit suppliers, Castore, will meet with fans ahead of Charlton’s game at The Valley against Morecambe on Saturday, April 22nd.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/have-your-say-our-202425-kit

Quite bizarre to be consulting about the 24/25 kit, when we're still using the 22/23 kit, and haven't even seen the 23/24 kit yet!
    The museum offered to host a consultation 7 or 8 months ago on the 23/24 kit, as we did with Hummel, but the club weren't very receptive.  The kit for 23/24 needs to be signed off around October 22 to be ready for production.

The museum rep at the last fans forum raised the consultations with Peter Storrie and here were are.

Castore actually getting something started early 
    It does feel very early, simply because what the fans will want in the 24/25 kit will to an extent be a reaction against the 23/24 kit, which we won't have seen.

If the 23/24 kit is very plain and traditional, we might want something jazzier for the following season. Conversely, if the 24/25 kit is really funky with a weird collar, we may want follow it with something more retro.

Similarly the colours for the 24/25 change kits will be different from the 23/24 ones, which we won't know.
  • Options
    Id love a black and blue striped away kit, or even a tribute to the 97-98 green and white hooped away. 
  • Options
    How long is the Castore contract? Is it the usual 4 years we normally have with a kit supplier?
  • Options
    Five years IIRC
  • Options
    Does anyone know what next year's kit is going to look like yet? I know we are always way behind the curve with our kit releases but Castore can't use being late in to the club this time round.

Pleased they've got going early on next year's kit but, as has been said above, it seems a bit strange to ask for verdicts on that when we haven't even had a teasing snip of the kit they should be in in a few weeks time.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Does anyone know what next year's kit is going to look like yet? I know we are always way behind the curve with our kit releases but Castore can't use being late in to the club this time round.

Pleased they've got going early on next year's kit but, as has been said above, it seems a bit strange to ask for verdicts on that when we haven't even had a teasing snip of the kit they should be in in a few weeks time.
    1st July last year so should only be three or four weeks out from an announcement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's Red and White with some black trim, will be personalised with the Sandgaard S which will be used for Sparrows lane instead. 
  • Options
    Castore launch Rangers new home kit tomorrow, I’m very aware we’d be way down the pecking order 
  • Options

1st July last year so should only be three or four weeks out from an announcement.
    thanks.
  • Options
    Does anyone know what next year's kit is going to look like yet?
    Probably a red football shirt. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    With white knickers
  • Options
    The museum recommended Castore use this shirt as the template for next seasons away:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    With white knickers
    What colour stockings?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    With white knickers
    What colour stockings?
    Red.

Fishnet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Where does this idea come from? It simply isn't true. I assume it's because of the 92 league clubs in England plus the European ones that get posted online people see 5-10 clubs have released their kits and assume that everyone else has and then go into a logic death spiral. Olly has been on here before pointing out that we release our kits at pretty much the same average time other teams do. It's weird that there's a narrative that we don't.
    FADS went tits up 18 month before that kit was released
  • Options
    We used to reveal next seasons kit at the end of previous season, sometimes playing the final home game of the season with it on. 
  • Options
    Not so bothered about the ‘reveal’ 
    the kids want to wear it not look at it and I’m sure we’re at the average to slower end of the availability scales .
    to me it should be in the club shop for the end of June before school summer holidays because that’s when the kids and our northern adult fans will wear it most , a novel idea but not rocket science 

someone will now say it’s been in there at that time 9 of the last ten years, maybe not didn’t we have the first team wearing partially the previous seasons kit in a friendly in recent times.
  • Options
    Not so bothered about the ‘reveal’ 
    the kids want to wear it not look at it and I’m sure we’re at the average to slower end of the availability scales .
    to me it should be in the club shop for the end of June before school summer holidays because that’s when the kids and our northern adult fans will wear it most , a novel idea but not rocket science 

someone will now say it’s been in there at that time 9 of the last ten years, maybe not didn’t we have the first team wearing partially the previous seasons kit in a friendly in recent times.
    I do not understand many of your posts on here, but this one is on the money.
  • Options
    If you miss the summer, I tend to pick up 1 shirt at the first home game and get the rest in the January sales. 
  • Options

Where does this idea come from? It simply isn't true. I assume it's because of the 92 league clubs in England plus the European ones that get posted online people see 5-10 clubs have released their kits and assume that everyone else has and then go into a logic death spiral. Olly has been on here before pointing out that we release our kits at pretty much the same average time other teams do. It's weird that there's a narrative that we don't.
    It’s true. We also get more injuries than any other club and our takeovers drag on far longer, for other clubs they’re done within days.
  • Options
    Checked Page 13, that's our old kit.