Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Castore kit deal announced (Ed. New 23/24 kit page 52)

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Thames Barrier, Cutty Sark, The O2 and The Royal Observatory 
    A Greewich version would be good.

• Options
    pickwick said:
    sam3110 said:
    A Greewich version would be good.

But we aren’t Greenwich athletic 🤣
  • Options
    cafcwill said:
    sam3110 said:
    We all know it needs to be The Valley Cafe
    Charlton house or the bugle!!🤣
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    My source confirmed today that Castore are using a moisture-wicking fabric, which will be billed as “innovative”.
    Heard of window-licking but moisture-wicking?

Off to Google...
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    My source confirmed today that Castore are using a moisture-wicking fabric, which will be billed as “innovative”.
    To be honest you had me at MOIST!!!!!
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Makro's car park
    hopefully with a couple of lifers having a roll around in the car park
  • Options
    Let’s hope they get their act together and have the kit on sale before the season starts. Waited until about six games in last year before my grandchildrens’ kit arrived last year. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The fixtures graphic that the club have released this morning has a kind of chevron style pattern in the background... these type of social media graphics have often reflected the kit style so wonder if it hints at the new shirt(s) in some way...
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Quite like the pattern so would be interesting to see on a kit!
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Photoshop wizards, please do your thing and mock this up modernised with a Castore top?

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I recognise those Chevrons.. 

RETRO CHARLTON ATHLETIC 1991-1992 Home Shirt Large 44-46 Woolwich Admiral  RARE 9995 - PicClick UK
    A modernised version of that would look great
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Photoshop wizards, please do your thing and mock this up modernised with a Castore top?

Yep no problem...

This is the best thing I have ever seen :-)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I recognise those Chevrons.. 

RETRO CHARLTON ATHLETIC 1991-1992 Home Shirt Large 44-46 Woolwich Admiral  RARE 9995 - PicClick UK
    This is one of my favourite shirts, I'd love to see a modern version of this design 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Yep no problem...

brilliant  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Yep no problem...

Brilliant. I generally LOL posts if they're funny but that made me genuinely laugh out loud.
  • Options
    Superb @soapy_jones! That had me burst out laughing.  
  • Options
    A 5 min jobbie
  • Options
    Christ on his cross to be a Coventry fan this season: https://www.ccfcstore.com/replica-kits/home-kit/

Thats the design used for their horrible Brown kit back in the day isnt it?
    They also used that design for their home kit, so I'd say it's just a copy of that

used to love that kit and the Wales one on subbuteo 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Yep no problem...

Brilliant. I generally LOL posts if they're funny but that made me genuinely laugh out loud.
    Using Burger boy to model the new kit, due to more cutbacks I suppose! ;)
  • Options
    The Coventry and the Dumbarton badges are quite similar. the elephant with a castle on top.

Wiki says for Dumbarton - The club's badge features an elephant with a castle on its back, this represents Dumbarton Rock with Dumbarton Castle upon it, based on the historic town crest. Dumbarton Rock, a volcanic plug, is said to resemble an elephant. The team's nickname 'The Sons' is derived from the phrase 'Sons of The Rock', a term used for those born in the town of Dumbarton.

So has Coventry have a similar story to its badge?