Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jubilee Celebrations 2022

Comments

• Options
    Love Alicia Keys, one of my all time favourites.
    You can take my place and go with Mrs Otto to see her in Manchester next Saturday if you like?!?!?!?
    What time are we leaving?
    Ooooooh.
    Where are Mr Otto and Mrs Large going?
    We’re coming to you for a BBQ.
  • Options
    I have a feeling that Diana Ross was a request from a royal. It would have been fab to see the Stones finish it all off. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Thought the concert was great, especially after it got dark and they could really make use of the projections and the fantastic drone choreography. 

Alicia Keys singing about New York was odd and, as fantastic as Diana Ross is, it would have been great to finish up with a big British/Commenwealth artist.  
    London/New York twin Cities but yes a 'tad' odd. Thought she was pretty good though.
  • Options
    Thanks for this @Gribbo... Just read about it on twitter :D
  • Options
    Has anyone noticed the woman just behind Prince Charles, who looks to be asleep during the pageant.
  • Options
    Subsequent shots not showing her.
  • Options
    Has anyone noticed the woman just behind Prince Charles, who looks to be asleep during the pageant.
    Yes. Just along from Peter Phillips. She was nodding off, then full on head slumped forward, out for the count. Awake again now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Typical cyclists, riding down the middle of the road
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    That's brilliant!
  • Options
    Had to laugh just then at the BBC commentators there discussing drag queens as the video feed shows the 90's bus with Naomi Campbell, Patsy Kensit and Kate Moss on it
  • Options
    Great to see the Royal Family enjoying themselves, whilst watching the pageant, especially the children.
  • Options
    Rain came on just in time to screw the village picnic unfortunately. They’ve gone indoors but not what was intended. Sad face. 
  • Options
    Didnt realise that there was a Romford in Bratislava as well
  • Options
    Rain came on just in time to screw the village picnic unfortunately. They’ve gone indoors but not what was intended. Sad face. 
    Makes it all the more quintessentially British!
  • Options
    Nice of Harry Hill to travel out to Bratislava for the jubilee 
  • Options
    My road this afternoon.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Makes it all the more quintessentially British!
    Indeed. Event scheduled from 1400 to 1800. Started spitting at 1405 just after the band started up. By 1430 was a drizzle. Heavens opened at 1500 and it’s now absolutely chucking it down. Forecast to stop at 1800. You really couldn’t make it up. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Great to see the Queen out on the balcony... She looks a lot better today compared with a few days ago for the lighting of the beacons. 

Although I've absolutely hated the desperation from the BBC to give so many pointless celebrities air time - Showing Rylan Clark after God Save the Queen, and then talking to celebrities about their experiences of meeting the Queen.

Would much rather hear about the general joe and how they met the Queen etc.

Its almost like a copy of Children in Need where its an evening of celebrity "fun" and then every so often we get reminded what we're supposed to be watching for!! 
  • Options
    I have a feeling that Diana Ross was a request from a royal. It would have been fab to see the Stones finish it all off. 
    More likely just that she is in the UK currently as at the O2 very soon for some shows postponed from pre Covid. 
  • Options
    Thoroughly enjoyable garden party at the British embassy on Thursday.
    View of the castle, pipers piped us in, then to top it off, they served fish and chips with the champagne and cocktails. (I had three of those fish and chip portions - they were lush!)
    Nice. 😎

Have had the privilege to attend a lot of QBPs in many countries and think nobody does it better!
  • Options
    I'd never heard of her promise when she took the crown about remaining committed to serving etc.

Having heard it now though, and seeing it in that statement... I doubt we'll ever see her abdicate, and hope in a way we dont - Instead I think Charles will quietly take over duties like what we're seeing now, and wont become King in title until the day she dies.