Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jubilee Celebrations 2022

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    had a great 4 day piss up including a street party and watching most of the festivities - find the whole royalty / church and all that stuff a bit of a nonsense but a harmless nonsense really and blimey, we do know how to put on a show in London - greatest city and greatest country in the world !!!   
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/hl6EfUD2Gew

I like the fact that it is just the normal, close by direct family members standing with the queen + Camilla.

No arry and mad meg. No Andrew. Forget about them lot.

It was kept simple. The queen looks emotional. William and Kate appear a tad concerned about something. Might just be knackered.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I'd never heard of her promise when she took the crown about remaining committed to serving etc.

Having heard it now though, and seeing it in that statement... I doubt we'll ever see her abdicate, and hope in a way we dont - Instead I think Charles will quietly take over duties like what we're seeing now, and wont become King in title until the day she dies.
    If you read up on what her old man went through then you will probably appreciate more the sense of duty and service she had instilled in her from a very young age. 

To go from losing your father and then your brother doing a runner and leaving you with a job you never expected (nor possibly wanted) - all within a year - must have left the bloke in absolute bits. Add into the mix his chronic stammer and it's no wonder the bloke smoked like a chimney, which did for him in the end. Oh yeah, and chuck World War 2 into the mix as well!

She would've grown up seeing this at first hand, but still took it on and took those vows - which she has fulfilled in spades over the years. 

Truly one of a kind.
    It was the same with Margaret. When it came down to it, her service to the Queen, her sister, was what,  ultimately, was always paramount in her decisions. And she had some difficult ones to make. I think for both of them their Father was a tremendous influence on them and their sense of duty and service. 
  • Options
    I hope everyone has had a good bank holiday. And in the words of Ronnie Barker: ‘let’s glaze our arses to the queer old dean’.
    Still haven’t stopped laughing 😄
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    https://youtu.be/hl6EfUD2Gew

I like the fact that it is just the normal, close by direct family members standing with the queen + Camilla.

No arry and mad meg. No Andrew. Forget about them lot.

It was kept simple. The queen looks emotional. William and Kate appear a tad concerned about something. Might just be knackered.
    We will not see it’s like again. No one does a wave like Liz. 
  • Options
    Absolutely shattered from putting on a four day Jubilee celebration. Haven't seen any of the Official celebrations. 
    What would you all recommend I watch on catch up?
  • Options
    johnny73 said:
    Absolutely shattered from putting on a four day Jubilee celebration. Haven't seen any of the Official celebrations. 
    What would you all recommend I watch on catch up?
    All of it! 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I'd never heard of her promise when she took the crown about remaining committed to serving etc.

Having heard it now though, and seeing it in that statement... I doubt we'll ever see her abdicate, and hope in a way we dont - Instead I think Charles will quietly take over duties like what we're seeing now, and wont become King in title until the day she dies.
    If you read up on what her old man went through then you will probably appreciate more the sense of duty and service she had instilled in her from a very young age. 

To go from losing your father and then your brother doing a runner and leaving you with a job you never expected (nor possibly wanted) - all within a year - must have left the bloke in absolute bits. Add into the mix his chronic stammer and it's no wonder the bloke smoked like a chimney, which did for him in the end. Oh yeah, and chuck World War 2 into the mix as well!

She would've grown up seeing this at first hand, but still took it on and took those vows - which she has fulfilled in spades over the years. 

Truly one of a kind.
    I was going to say I hope William doesn't do a runner and leave his brother...then remembered his children!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I might be rather of a critic of the Royal Family but it looks like you've all had a right good old lark of a week-end over there so that's great. I'm pleased to see it and to hear on here that so many of you have had a good time.
  • Options
    Happy to say that I didnt watch any of it, apart from 5 mins on Sat night when I turned over to watch the news & caught Diana Ross singing about female orgasms. 

Not anti royalist just other stuff I'd rather watch and tbh didnt realise how much of it there was & how much of it was "staged" -eg  I didn't realise ALL the street parties were on Sunday. Just thought people were putting them on whenever they liked over the 4 day weekend. 
  • Options
    Happy to say that I didnt watch any of it, apart from 5 mins on Sat night when I turned over to watch the news & caught Diana Ross singing about female orgasms. 

Not anti royalist just other stuff I'd rather watch and tbh didnt realise how much of it there was & how much of it was "staged" -eg  I didn't realise ALL the street parties were on Sunday. Just thought people were putting them on whenever they liked over the 4 day weekend. 
    Out street party was on Friday. 
  • Options
    Fantastic weekend. Would have replaced Diana Ross with The Rolling Stones, but that’s just my taste. Jesus she was awful. 
    Rod Stewart not too far behind. 
  • Options
    Just caught up with the concert.
    Can't believe the girl from girls aloud,Mica Paris and Ruby Turner didn't even get a mention before or after their rousing performance.
    Shocking BBC
  • Options
    Not sure it was just gumpth we were told on the day by the deputy mayor, but apparently there were 157 official street parties in Bexley, more than any other London borough
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

John Terry getting in the limelight again behind Khan