Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: England vs Hungary 4th, Germany 7th, Italy 11th and Hungary 14th June 2022

Comments

• Options
    Well that looked a penalty - Doesnt matter Kane is offside
    Is that right? I thought if you’re offside that came before the foul so it would be ruled out? I’m surprised by that. Not unhappy though. 😂
    Sorry I can see how I've confused you.

At first I thought it looked a penalty, but then disagreed with myself as thought Kane was offside
  • Options
    I disagree with the commentators…. We’ve been the better side last 20 mins and deserve something IMO.

Bearing in mind our players are knackered I’m quietly confident for Qatar 
  • Options
    The subs have made a big difference
  • Options
    Subs have certainly made a difference, particularly Grealish.
  • Options
    England u21 won 3-0 tonight. At least some thing to make us smile.
  • Options
    I disagree with the commentators…. We’ve been the better side last 20 mins and deserve something IMO.

Bearing in mind our players are knackered I’m quietly confident for Qatar 
    Yeah Grealish made a difference and Kane was unlucky bit to score. Overall I’d say 2-1 Germany would have been the fairest result though, just. 
  • Options
    Is a Mugging about to happen ?
  • Options
    Bellingham should have just held his head. Play has to stop for a head injury. Stupid rules but there you go. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Very soft pen, not really deserved a draw but ill take it. Win against Italy and we could avoid relegation, but not holding much hope after the last two performances. 
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Subs have certainly made a difference, particularly Grealish.
    As I said earlier.......get players on who can run with the ball. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there such a thing as an ugly draw ?

Bellingham so much better tonight in his tackling and passing. 
  • Options
    Jack grealish and Bowen should be starting. I was entertained, it’s just a friendly tournament not the World Cup.
  • Options
    Gifted a point. 

Pretty bad display all round. 
  • Options
    Didnt deserve anything if judging the game as a whole

We were unlucky to come away with just a draw once Grealish and Bowen came on
  • Options
    Kane ain’t offside from the original pass as he wasn’t part of that phase, then it took a deflection didnt it? TBH i cant keep up with the rules.
  • Options
    Going to be a big game against Hungary next week - We'll get relegated if we dont win it.
    I've not really understood all this Nations League crap.  If we get relegated do we play San Marino & Gibraltar instead of Germany & Italy...? 

At least we might win a game or two then. 

Going to be a big game against Hungary next week - We'll get relegated if we dont win it

Can we start playing San Marino again;
    I miss seeing the bank clerks, Waiters, Salesmen and Firemen playing a 10 man defence and we still score half a dozen.

• Options
    Bowen? He literally did nothing. 

Grealish was good but Bowen touched the ball about 4 times in total and did nothing. 
    Did you close your eyes when Bowen put the ball right across their goal which required a German defender to put the ball out for a corner?
  • Options
    Why do people go on about Englsnd players being knackered. Have not the German players played through the European season including champions league games. Europe league games and what ever the third competition is called and there own cup games.
  • Options
    Bellingham is a baller and has to play instead of Phillips
    Grealish for Saka
    Foden for Sterling 
    4-3-3

Pickford
    Chilwell/Shaw
    Maguire
    Stones 
    Trent

Rice
    Bellingham
    Mount

Grealish
    Kane
    Foden

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going to be a big game against Hungary next week - We'll get relegated if we dont win it.
    I've not really understood all this Nations League crap.  If we get relegated do we play San Marino & Gibraltar instead of Germany & Italy...? 

At least we might win a game or two then. 

Going to be a big game against Hungary next week - We'll get relegated if we dont win it

Can we start playing San Marino again;
    I miss seeing the bank clerks, Waiters, Salesmen and Firemen playing a 10 man defence and we still score half a dozen.

We will do when Euro 2024 qualifying comes around
  • Options

Grealish was good but Bowen touched the ball about 4 times in total and did nothing. 
    Did you close your eyes when Bowen put the ball right across their goal which required a German defender to put the ball out for a corner?
    You know what hes like when it comes to england
  • Options
    Kane ain’t offside from the original pass as he wasn’t part of that phase, then it took a deflection didnt it? TBH i cant keep up with the rules.
    That baffles me then... Ball comes in and Kane's leg is beyond the last German Defender, surely means he has an unfair advantage on their defence when running on to that ball into the box
  • Options

He was on for 15 minutes. 

One cross that was dealt with fairly easily is doing nothing in my eyes. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Bowen wasn’t great. Grealish changed the game….. So much reliant on how much game time Pep gives him in August. If he can start more for Man City, then it could make all the difference.

It does seem Gareth views him as a last 30 mins player. 

If you have him and Kane - then you need to pair with a Sterling or Foden for some pure pace.

In a 4-3-3 I would go for:

Bellingham Rice Mount

Foden Kane Grealish 
  • Options

He was on for 15 minutes. 

One cross that was dealt with fairly easily is doing nothing in my eyes. 
    Do you know what the word "nothing" means?
  • Options
    Thought we were awful until Grelish came on. Lucky pen in my opinion, Pickford spends too much time showboating, his kicking tonight was shit. Lucky draw..end of.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Bellingham is a baller and has to play instead of Phillips
    Grealish for Saka
    Foden for Sterling 
    4-3-3

Pickford
    Chilwell/Shaw
    Maguire
    Stones 
    Trent

Rice
    Bellingham
    Mount

Grealish
    Kane
    Foden

Would swap Trent for James IMO. Or even Walker.

Trent can’t play right of a 4 with those players around him for England. Not like Liverpool and 65pc possession.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

He was in an off side position but the ball came off a German defender playing Kane on side.
  • Options

He was in an off side position but the ball came off a German defender playing Kane on side.
    Was it intentional though? As isn't that the rule now?