Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Womens Euros 2022: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 CHAMPIONS!!!

Comments

• Options
    Looking forward to watching the games.

16 teams I believe which is a much better format.

We will see. The proof is in the pudding
    ;)
  • Options
    It is a necessity in the Women's game as the weaker nations are not at the level where they can compete yet.
  • Options
    Its nice that tickets are so cheap - £50 is the most you'll pay for the Final, for example.

Be nice if the mens World Cup was to follow suit.
    Realistically (and this isn't an attack on Women's football), if the ticket prices were the same as for the men's world cup, the stadiums would be 3/4 empty, ditto the club game. 
  • Options
    Commentary ahead of the picture. So distracting. 
  • Options
    Commentary ahead of the picture. So distracting. 
    Glad its not just me
  • Options
    Its nice that tickets are so cheap - £50 is the most you'll pay for the Final, for example.

Realistically (and this isn't an attack on Women's football), if the ticket prices were the same as for the men's world cup, the stadiums would be 3/4 empty, ditto the club game. 
    Yeah I always take attendances with a pinch of salt, whenever free or reduced tickets are made available.

Thats not an attack on Womens Football either, as Charlton showed last season that giving away tickets doesn't necessarily mean attendance - So if some attends on a free ticket to a Womens game, enjoys it, and pays the next time... Well then its worked.

Just hope that as the popularity rises, that the ticket prices remain the same... With tickets for Mens matches dropping as well

Rather than the other way around!!
  • Options
    Watching with the sound off as I cannot stand Robyn Cowan’s voice. Not a dig at female commentators per se btw as I quite like some of the others, I just can’t stand her pitch especially when something exciting happens. The prepubescent screeching from the crowd wasn’t helping either. 
  • Options

Yeah I always take attendances with a pinch of salt, whenever free or reduced tickets are made available.

Thats not an attack on Womens Football either, as Charlton showed last season that giving away tickets doesn't necessarily mean attendance - So if some attends on a free ticket to a Womens game, enjoys it, and pays the next time... Well then its worked.

Just hope that as the popularity rises, that the ticket prices remain the same... With tickets for Mens matches dropping as well

Rather than the other way around!!

• Options
    edited July 2022
    That was a bit weird, as the hawkeye goal line graphics never came up, and it's wasn't 100% obvious from the pictures that it had totally crossed the line
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't believe that was over the line, I was surprised the VAR check didn't change it
  • Options
    That was a bit weird, as the hawkeye goal line graphics never came up, and it's wasn't 100% obvious from the pictures that it had totally crossed the line
    the camera they were showing us didn't seem to be on the goal line
  • Options
    The crowd is worse than the football 
  • Options
    Bad miss
  • Options
    Can't believe that was over the line, I was surprised the VAR check didn't change it
    I presume it wasn't changed as wasn't a clear and obvious error. However agree it didn't look over the line when shown from the side. I'm not sure how the goalline technolology works but does the defender making contact with the ball at that point affect it? 
  • Options
    The crowd is worse than the football 
    Biggest thing I struggle with

The standard on show isnt bad, the screeching from the stands on the other hand is just off putting
  • Options
    redman said:
    I presume it wasn't changed as wasn't a clear and obvious error. However agree it didn't look over the line when shown from the side. I'm not sure how the goalline technolology works but does the defender making contact with the ball at that point affect it? 
    The hawkeye system knows where the goal line is, as it's computer model of the pitch and you can see the line where's its digitally drawn. The 7 tracking cameras operate at a faster frame rate then the broadcast camera used for that shot, which doesn't seem to be properly inline. Also looks like Old Traffords goal posts are leaning back a bit! 

Suspect VAR hasn't used GLT before, and got freaked out by that view. 

• Options
    The audience seems to be having a good time. 
  • Options
    well certainly in that picture thye whole of the ball is not over the whole of the line. Having been watching Hawkeye at Wimbledon looks like football is using duff technology. 
  • Options
    That’s just a strange camera angle posing an illusion.

Quite impressed by England. A lot of space and the passing has been crisp. Just need to sort the final ball out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Impressed with the sharp one touch passing, but we should be at least 2 up. Will regret saying this, I'm sure, but can only see England pulling further ahead 2nd half. 
  • Options
    Relying a bit too much on speculative crossing here. Could do with some more cutbacks to the edge of the box, Austria have been strong in the air
  • Options
    Making hard work of this. Feel like you know what’s gonna happen.
  • Options
    Making hard work of this. Feel like you know what’s gonna happen.
    It had 92nd minute equaliser written all over it
  • Options
    Disappointed with second half so far. Movement and crispness in midfield has gone. 
  • Options
    Got a late equaliser written all over this.
  • Options
    Been watching the second half. We're...rubbish? 
  • Options
    FT 1-0... not a great performance.
  • Options
    Sluggish start to a Tournament, it happens.

Our performance against Croatia was nothing special this time last year.

First win is in the bag, so hopefully they can relax a tad now
  • Options
     Bit of a a borefest to be honest. I was expecting better. No doubt England will go through the gears as the tournament ticks over.