Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What are our expectations for next season?

Comments

• Options
    Great OP. In terms of expectations I would like to see commitment, entertaining football and a bit of quality. After last season that will do for me.

In terms of position, of course we should be aiming for for top 6 but if we fall just short and show the improvement then I won't be too down hearted. 

I hope BG works out and we can start to build a stable squad that grows together. Would love to have a group of players that I actually care about as that in itself has been missing for too long. 

• Options
    edited June 2022
    I expect us to remain unbeaten....... in the London derbies 😎
  • Options
    I'm expecting another terrible season. I'm not convinced Garner will be the right choice so I expect another change mid season again. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I have renewed and did so before Garner was appointed. I had high hopes that we had learnt from last season, those hopes are waining as each day goes by without a signing.

I expect us to be in the play offs but at this moment in time that won’t be the case if we don’t move quick. Next week is huge as the players are back Monday and heading to Spain, Saturday? We have time to bring in 2/3 new players to join the trip and continue to work on deals in time for pre season friendlies, so all is not lost. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm expecting a relegation battle. Go on Charlton, prove me wrong. 
  • Options
    I agree with the OP.
    We may came good, but I'm not expecting it.
    I'm not even confident enough to back us top half at the moment, but why would I be when we haven't signed a single player, that has been announced.
    Anything less than the play offs is a failure for a club due to be in The Premier League in 3 years.
    We might win the league, we might be relegated, we'll have to wait and see.
    Tucker signs for MKD.
    My expectations are presently hoping to avoid relegation again.
    Whether he was a target or not, I expect Tucker to get dogs abuse at the Valley and score a 97th minute winner for MK Dons with a bullet header, from the half way line!
  • Options
    No Tucker means one less obstacle in the way of Toby Bower.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I fear similar to last year, bodies will come through the door late and be too statistical.

Yet as always a new season brings renewed hope, I'll be there in the covered end with my season ticket as I have since December 1992 and will ride the highs and lows supporting whatever team we field and no doubt come on here moaning!
  • Options
    IanJRO said:
    Great OP. In terms of expectations I would like to see commitment, entertaining football and a bit of quality. After last season that will do for me.

In terms of position, of course we should be aiming for for top 6 but if we fall just short and show the improvement then I won't be too down hearted. 

I hope BG works out and we can start to build a stable squad that grows together. Would love to have a group of players that I actually care about as that in itself has been missing for too long. 
    100% agree.
    Would be gutted not to get promoted, but realistically it's unlikely under the circumstances, and a near miss combined with an improvement in our squad and playing standards, will keep me onside.
  • Options
    I'll reserve my hopes/estimates/expectations until I see the final players ins and outs (and shakes it all abouts) 
  • Options
    Hoping for the top 2, expecting top six, could finish top half if we don’t start embedding players into our squad soon… Expecting a marked improvement on last season’s showing. 
  • Options
    To score goals
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last 2 seasons I have backed us for a fair bit to be promoted. Not doing it this year ! I'm hoping this season will be a building one where we can watch the team play attractive football with a plan. I will be happy with mid table if that happens and then promotion next year
  • Options
    Garner sacked by Christmas.
  • Options
    Hope: Promotion

Expectation: Another season of struggle with us hopefully managing to avoid relegation.
  • Options
    Top6
  • Options
    Expectations not great.
    Expect a Bleak House as please can we have More signings might not come to fruition of the quality we need to go with Dobson, CBT and Fraser (when fit)
    I don't believe Thomas is a Scrooge but these are Hard times and we need a Twist in our fortunes. If Thomas Sandgaard can recruit the players that will fit the system, formation that Ben Garner favours, it will be a far, far better thing that he has done than he has ever done before.
    We have had the worse of times can we now have the best of times.
    What the Dickens will become of us ? 
  • Options
    Well with that total Chuzzlewit in charge of recruitment... ;) 
  • Options
    Little Dorrit fails the height test.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    seth plum said:
    Little Dorrit fails the height test.

Another player who failed the height test in the end is Sydney Carlton who played for Nancy in the 3rd tier of French football. Great at putting himself about but lost his head and his body language was poor.

Why can't Cafc pick a pocket or two to get a transfer in before our rivals ?

• Options
    In this life
    One thing counts
    Points secured
    In large amounts.