Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What are our expectations for next season?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without vicory there is no promotion 

• Options
    IAgree said:
    Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without vicory there is no promotion 

Or possibly upper mid table 
  • Options
    History will be made next season 
    Every time since we entered league football and got relegated to the third tier we have made it back up within 3 or less seasons

1933 - 2 seasons
    1972 - 3 seasons
    1980 - 1 season
    2009 - 3 seasons
    2016 - 3 seasons
    2019 -3 seasons minimum 

Look at that 6 seasons in 76 years in the third tier 
    next season is the 9th in 14 years in the third tier 

stay positive, shameful times 

• Options
    A bit of entertainment and at least go home knowing the team are giving its best. And to thrash Oxford twice  not because of Robinson, but being in the middle of their post match obnoxiosness twice last season.
    Why? What happened post match ? 
  • Options
    A bit of entertainment and at least go home knowing the team are giving its best. And to thrash Oxford twice  not because of Robinson, but being in the middle of their post match obnoxiosness twice last season.
    Why? What happened post match ? 
    Over celebrating and going on like they had just beaten Barcelona when we were just plain crap.
  • Options
    I'm pleased with signings so far (on paper), think we are still short in a number of positions, especially up front, probably need another 5 through the door, whether loans from a higher division or buys.

Think we are also short of real experience, Pearce now gone, the Pratleys of this world we never really replaced and I felt we missed his on the pitch leadership massively last season.

When you look at the dressing room it lacks experience I feel in this league you need that mixture, but don't feel that's what we are heading for.
  • Options
    I like the way it’s going so far - think a quality couple of mobile strikers, a left back and an attacking midfielder and we will be there - optimistically we should be in the top 6 shake up, pessimistically we over pass, get stifled, get bullied and / or hit on the counter - give it 10 games and we should know 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    I'm pleased with signings so far (on paper), think we are still short in a number of positions, especially up front, probably need another 5 through the door, whether loans from a higher division or buys.

Think we are also short of real experience, Pearce now gone, the Pratleys of this world we never really replaced and I felt we missed his on the pitch leadership massively last season.

When you look at the dressing room it lacks experience I feel in this league you need that mixture, but don't feel that's what we are heading for.
    On experience O’Connell and McGrandles both turn 27 soon and recently captained their clubs. They’ve also spent several seasons of their careers in L1.
  • Options
    We’ll draw too many games to trouble top six. I’m thinking 9th or 10th. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    with this smaller squad and injuries all ready mounting up i will stick with just avoiding relegation.
  • Options
    We will come between 4th and 10th.  If there was a market for those precise range of places I would lump on.

There are 2 teams we won’t get near, Ipswich and Sheff Wed, no chance, and a third but I’m not sure if it’s Derby or Peterborough yet.  The latter two are decent but it remains to be seen if they’re top two decent but law of averages says one will make a stab of it.  

Then comes our level, the Wycombe’s, Barnsley, Portsmouth, Bolton and a surprise package or two.  And that’s where we’ll be, it will solely depend on luck with injuries and momentum at the right time, 4th if it all goes our way, 10th if we have another injury crisis and poor fixture timings.

Anyone who’s thinking logically at this moment and not still seething at our deadline day I hope will agree, well if not who cares eh it’s about opinions and that’s what we’re here for.  But we are better than last season, how much better I don’t know yet, but we are definitely improved.  
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Deadline day was more like decline day maybe :-(

All I hope for is to have a feeling that the club is progressing each season. And if I’m honest, on balance I think it probably is, despite the owner’s apparently shrinking wealth. 
    The new manager has made a big difference, and the recruitment, despite the failure of deadline day, has overall been encouraging, despite the failure to bring in a striker (and CB). (And LB?). 
    The style of play is improving, and I get the feeling that unless we are hit by another injury crisis, we could be there or thereabouts for the playoffs.

The other thing that gives me hope is the fact that the under 21s are in such good shape, as is the youth set up. There appears to be plenty of talent coming through which might make a difference on the pitch and ultimately in the accounts, over the next year or two. It’s a shame the academy hasn’t improved its status, which is a bit of a cloud on the horizon.
    I think many are in for a tough time this winter financially, with the consequence that even making a strong run for the play-offs might not result in increased attendances, which is a real shame for the club.
    To be fair to Sandgaard, if his personal fortune has shrunk from around half a billion to ‘just’ £120m, we’re lucky that he has stuck with us, as many might have bailed by now. Assuming he isn’t planning a sell off of course. 
    As others have said, a win on Saturday would be a massive morale booster. But we shouldn’t panic if it doesn’t go our way. 

I think we'll finish between 9th and 5th, depending on injuries.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    DOUCHER said:
    I like the way it’s going so far - think a quality couple of mobile strikers, a left back and an attacking midfielder and we will be there - optimistically we should be in the top 6 shake up, pessimistically we over pass, get stifled, get bullied and / or hit on the counter - give it 10 games and we should know 
    Wot, no CB @DOUCHER ?!
  • Options
    Provided Garner stays I reckon top half division 3 finish.  Happy days!
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Performance- Lower mid table - no striker no depth. An additional injury or two will have a big impact.

Owner - More amateur mistakes, bullshit promises and the odd prog mental track.
  • Options
    I think we'll do a little better than last season.
    We'll finish 12th.
  • Options
    mid table due to a lack of goals scored - same as last season
  • Options
    With the size of our squad now until at least January and knowing some of the glass backs we have in this squad , It’s hard not to fear worst. Our only hope is that we stay close enough to mid table by January then TS realises he needs to put his hand in his pocket , hope more than expectation though that is 
  • Options
    Said initially 14th but reckon we'll finish 7th to 10th now based on Garner and his side looking and playing decent since start of the season.

Just a shame we didn't strengthen further or replace/ keep Washington as think a couple more players and I'd be predicting playoffs.

Think we're a couple of inevitable injuries/ dips in form away from that at present and doubt we'll make any silly money free signings to boost us significantly but if we do or pick up a few CBTs who knows.

Anyway it is what it is and will get behind Garner and the lads all season. Roll on 3pm tomorrow