Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mandela Egbo - gone to Colchester (p17)

Comments

• Options
    Any news on this fella? I'm beginning to wonder if he really exists and Sandy made him up to leave us believing we'd signed someone 
    Garner said training but wasn’t selected 
  • Options
    Spotted in training.

• Options
    0/10
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    That's when you know a player is back to training - when you see them in training. Surprised people believed that Aneke was back without any training sessions and "could have played last week".
  • Options
    Spotted in training.

good news although hope kirk doesn't see the photo - his receding hairline on show will make his fiddling about wth his hair go into overdrive 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    mendonca said:
    That's when you know a player is back to training - when you see them in training. Surprised people believed that Aneke was put without any training sessions and "could have played last week".
    agreed - i was surprised when it was said coz as i mentioned a few weeks back, my mate saw Aneke hobbling about like an old man down at David Lloyd - in the pool area - never a good sign 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Think Egbo is going to be quality once he finally sees the field. Yes he was plucked from League 2 but it was obvious to everyone that saw him play that he was too good for that level.

Not sure if he plays left back at first, or Clare switches sides so that Egbo slots in at right back.

I say that I believe in Egbo but I also had McGrandles as my sneaky POTY candidate and look how that's going so far (haven't lost hope with him yet but it's been a rough start...)
  • Options
    Top marks from me today. Was involved in a lot of the good moves we put together in that second half. Looking forward to seeing more of him.
    He’s such an unusual looking footballer. All legs. But think we will look a lot better with him and Sess both fit and playing.

Having Clare as a second choice is not a bad thing whatsoever. 
  • Options
    Top marks from me today. Was involved in a lot of the good moves we put together in that second half. Looking forward to seeing more of him.
    He’s such an unusual looking footballer. All legs. But think we will look a lot better with him and Sess both fit and playing.

Having Clare as a second choice is not a bad thing whatsoever. 

Indeed  He looked pretty decent today, especially since he's lacking match fitness.

I'd still like to see Clare given a proper go in midfield tbh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good cameo. It would be criminal if we didn’t see more of him.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Do we think Egbo starts next weekend? If so, does he play on the left or does Clare switch sides?
  • Options
    Do we think Egbo starts next weekend? If so, does he play on the left or does Clare switch sides?
    Wouldn’t be shocked to see us start 352 with Clare at CB, Egbo the RWB and CBT LWB.
  • Options
    Wouldn’t be shocked to see us start 352 with Clare at CB, Egbo the RWB and CBT LWB.
    I think after the first half on Saturday, 3-5-2 should probably be binned off. I would expect to see Egbo start at RB and probably Clare LB unless Sessegnon is fit enough to start. Wouldn’t mind seeing Chin get another run out at LB, thought he was harshly dropped after a solid enough first game 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    I think after the first half on Saturday, 3-5-2 should probably be binned off. I would expect to see Egbo start at RB and probably Clare LB unless Sessegnon is fit enough to start. Wouldn’t mind seeing Chin get another run out at LB, thought he was harshly dropped after a solid enough first game 
    I wouldn't be shocked to see 3-5-2 again if we need to match up against a team like Bolton or Forest Green who are in a similar formation and running rampant down our flanks.

I agree I would like to see Chin again, but like Clayden he should be used sparingly, especially out of position.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    I wouldn't be shocked to see 3-5-2 again if we need to match up against a team like Bolton or Forest Green who are in a similar formation and running rampant down our flanks.

I agree I would like to see Chin again, but like Clayden he should be used sparingly, especially out of position.
    Maybe it would be better with Leaburn/Aneke as the other striker. But I’d much rather see more of a 3-4-3 if we want to go for 3 centre backs as this means we still have JRS in his best position. 

But you are right that we conceded goals to both Bolton and FGR due to them having an overload/spare man due to the system so we will probably see 3 at the back against other teams that play it. Strange that we went for it on Saturday when Fleetwood haven’t played it this season though 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:

Maybe it would be better with Leaburn/Aneke as the other striker. But I’d much rather see more of a 3-4-3 if we want to go for 3 centre backs as this means we still have JRS in his best position. 

But you are right that we conceded goals to both Bolton and FGR due to them having an overload/spare man due to the system so we will probably see 3 at the back against other teams that play it. Strange that we went for it on Saturday when Fleetwood haven’t played it this season though 
    Yeah, I am miffed about that as well. Also I understand that we wouldn't want to drop Rak-Sayki or play him as a wing back - but if we were going to start with 2 up top then it really should have been Leaburn and Stockley.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:

Agreed, something like this would be interesting:

Wollacott

Clare Inniss Oconnell

Egbo  Dobson   Fraser    CBT

JRS    Leaburn    Payne

• Options
    NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:

Wollacott

Clare Inniss Oconnell

JRS    Leaburn    Payne

Swap Payne and CBT then maybe but still think we'd be better off with a back 4 and teaching our defence how to defend crosses properly.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:

Wollacott

Clare Inniss Oconnell

JRS    Leaburn    Payne

Yes that’s what I hope we try if we need to go 3 at the back again. I think it would help solve our attacking issues as would free up the wingers to get closer to Stockley if the wing backs are wide. Defensively could still be a few problems with EOC playing on the left behind CBT and with Fraser left of a 2. The right and middle of that line up looks very strong but I think defensively our left side would be a weakness
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's magic you knowwww, his name is Mandella Egbo !!!! - I'll get my coat :)
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHTV96o-kd4

In Conversation | Mandela Egbo (September 2022)

• Options
    He plays like a winner.....and somebody who is interested in the performance they deliver!
  • Options
    Serious baller 
  • Options
    So not really a “League 2” player then.

Anyone know why he has M Egbo on the back of his shirt? Do we have another Egbo we don’t know about?
  • Options
    best right back weve had since luke young
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Slight upgrade on Matthews, eh?

Great player.