Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mandela Egbo - gone to Colchester (p17)

Comments

• Options
    Gutted. No luck with injuries at this club.
  • Options
    Disappointing. Very strange injury too.

That's 2 injuries since he joined us which is concerning 
  • Options
    I'd play Sess at RB and give Chin a go at LB.
    Certainly play Sess at RB.  Perhaps now we might actually sign a left footed left back. 
  • Options
    Oh that sucks for him and us. 
  • Options
    I'd stick to the other way around!

Our 'luck' with injuries continue. Freak injury after freak injury. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Sess is right footed and I thought Chin is left footed.

Alternatively, it's Clare at RB. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Sess is right footed and I thought Chin is left footed.

Alternatively, it's Clare at RB. 
    Chin is right footed unfortunately 
  • Options
    Chin is right footed. Never played youth football at LB. Just our first team.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. The way Chin played on the left on Wednesday I thought he must be left footed. 
  • Options
    He's a good player and we would have not looked so lousy again MK if he played LB rather than that 1/10 performance from Clare.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Sage said:
    Well, in need of surgery next week following a ruptured quadricep.

Depending on the rupture, if it is complete, that is his season over as he won't be back until the end of May/start of June, maybe at the earliest.

If it is not complete, we might see him again this season.

Really, really disappointing injury and hope he recovers well. A good player. 
    A very good player, in my top two this season. We looked a whole lot better with him at RB, especially with Sess at LB. 
    Gutted for the fella, and him being out reduces our chances of making the playoffs, imho. 
    Like others I’d like to see Sess at RB, and Chin at LB. Chin has show he’s capable at least, even if he prefers RB. 
  • Options
    The curse continues.
  • Options
    Why do people want to see Sess in a position they haven't all season? It's highly unlikely Garner will seeing as it has been stated that he was brought in as our first choice LB.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Why do people want to see Sess in a position they haven't all season? It's highly unlikely Garner will seeing as it has been stated that he was brought in as our first choice LB.
     Because of his squad number! 
  • Options
    Clare RB, Sess LB is the only way until January.
    Well for 5 games at a time until Clare is forced to skip games due to multiple bookings.
  • Options
    Where’s Clayden? Seems to have disappeared 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Plaaayer said:
    Where’s Clayden? Seems to have disappeared 
    On loan at Bromley mate;

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-winger-joins-bromley-on-loan/
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Because he's a right footed, right back (isn't he?).
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    When is he back? It’s all gone quiet… We looked so much better defensively when he was in the side.

I don’t know if that’s because Clare is a terrible full back or Mandela was excellent, or both.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When is he back? It’s all gone quiet… We looked so much better defensively when he was in the side.

I don’t know if that’s because Clare is a terrible full back or Mandela was excellent, or both.
    Thought they said he was likely out for the season?
  • Options

I just don’t think Clare is very good defending, particularly on the positional side. Going forward he is alright, and carry’s the ball well - though Egbo seems stronger and more direct.

Be lucky to see him again this season I thought?
  • Options

I think its best to forget him until next season, if we see him before the end then it'll be a mahusive bonus
  • Options
    Egbo is a proper RB. Shame he suffered from the curse.
  • Options
    I might be mixing him up with another crock, but (just before he was sacked) I thought Garner said his was a couple of weeks away from getting some grass training (non contact). 
  • Options
    That was probably DJ!
  • Options
    Ruptured quad, unlikely we'll see him again this season 
  • Options
    Let's get Sess over to RB and bring in a left footed LB in. Something TS/MS should have done but they don't understand the game much.
  • Options

The club have now received scan results for the defensive duo, who were both forced off in the first half last weekend with knee and quad injuries respectively.

“Eoghan is actually better news than we expected,” Garner revealed. “We feared the worst with Eoghan but it’s actually weeks rather than months which is a big positive. When it’s the knee joint and the type of symptoms that were initially presented you’re fearing it could be the season or a large part of it, so we’re really fortunate that it’s not as serious as we feared.

“I would definitely hope he’d back this side of Christmas and we’ll get him back as quick as we can,” the boss added. “He’s already chomping at the bit trying to get back and trying to get off his crutches etc.”

Sadly the manager was not able to provide such positive news on Egbo, who is set to undergo surgery next week.

“It’s good news on that but unfortunately it’s not good news at all on Mandela,” he said. “He’s ruptured his quad and it’s the worst possible case. It’s such a freak injury really because he just caught his own foot as he kicked and that mechanism has caused the injury.

“It’s a one in a million injury and we’re so disappointed for Mandela because he got a bad tackle in pre-season that cost him time. He then got back up to speed, he’s proved what a great player he can be at this level and now he gets this setback.

“I know Mandela well and for me I do have an emotional attachment to the players – that’s how I am and how I like to work. I’ve known Manny since he was 11 years old and he’s such a great character; you know he’ll do everything right and you know he’ll be back as quick as possible.

“We’re really disappointed for him but, as with all other players, he’ll get all our support, love and attention to try and get him back as quick as we can. He will make the best of a bad situation.”

Asked for a timeline on the right-back’s injury, Garner said: “That’s months, we’re looking long-term for that. He’s going to have surgery next week and then it’s going to be a long rehabilitation process for that.”